Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
CTU is really missing Chloe if only to have her complain "I can't believe this is happening again".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
Ok granted they can pull off some fun action sequences like the running from fire thing. Doesn't equalize the plot being poo poo but it's something

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think it's been 3 consecutive episodes that end with someone being taken. Like come the gently caress on.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

The season 1 parallels continue with presumed dead terrorist dad actually being alive!! Did I call it or what??

I actually don't remember - did I?

I meant to call it if I didn't!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Ok granted they can pull off some fun action sequences like the running from fire thing. Doesn't equalize the plot being poo poo but it's something

Good thing the terrorists got lazy and didn't cover the whole field.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I really wanted Carter to say something like "bitch don't walk in right now I'm not even done putting my rifle together" because that would have been a high note in an otherwise absolutely horrid episode in a garbage season.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If there's a show that needs a thread less than 24 is Prison Break so I'm going to post here that it opens with T-Bag so it's immediately better than Legacy.

EDIT1: I think they're ignoring the movie and the spin-off episode T-Bag had?

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 5, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Previously on 24:"

*a bunch of poo poo I don't remember because nothing about this spinoff has been memorable in the least and I forget what happens in every episode immediately after I watch it*

When is this poo poo over?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

When is this poo poo over?

2 more episodes left.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gonz posted:

2 more episodes left.
Maybe we do live in a just world after all

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Literally the only good thing I can say about this show is it makes me want to watch Straight Outta Compton again

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: it's loving Masuka.

Putting Tony against Carter is going to make for a fun 5 minutes to end the episode because nothing else is going to happen.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 11, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The tech this season is out of control. Like holy poo poo dude has real time IR feed of the area? Just loving give him noclip and be done with it.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Andy was probably trained by Chloe.

This show is powered by the Infinite Improbability Drive.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

:lol: has there been a CTU director / co-director that hasn't chocked out his superior?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Man, I think they spoiled the hell out of the finale but:

1- holy poo poo this is almost over?
2- holy poo poo, this is almost over and I don't care.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I like how Tony Almeida is the assassin who cares.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: has there been a CTU director / co-director that hasn't chocked out his superior?

The traditional CTU Director hazing ritual. The way they went down made me laugh.And of course nobody noticed.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man, I think they spoiled the hell out of the finale but:

1- holy poo poo this is almost over?
2- holy poo poo, this is almost over and I don't care.

Oh thank god it's almost over

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I hope there's not another season because I can't help myself from watching this garbage.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Bingo Card update:
  • Provisional Status
  • Admin Replacement

I already had "attacked a superior" and "dead / not dead" from earlier in the season.

I should have put one on here for "Don't you know who person X really is?"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

This entire season is complete bullshit simply due to the fact that nobody has opened up a socket, yet.

1 more week to save the season, 24 writers.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Gonz posted:

This entire season is complete bullshit simply due to the fact that nobody has opened up a socket, yet.

1 more week to save the season, 24 writers.

Given that Sutherland is still under contract by ABC to be president NotJackBauer I officially deem this season as bad beyond redemption (not the 24 movie redemption).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

GaussianCopula posted:

Given that Sutherland is still under contract by ABC to be president NotJackBauer I officially deem this season as bad beyond redemption (not the 24 movie redemption).

I'd like to think that Designated Survivor is actually a hallucinated construct within Jack Bauer's own mind that he created to protect his sanity as his body breaks down from constant torture in a Russian prison.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I don't understand why the show took such a massive dip in quality compared to the last one with Jack. Did Keifer make that big of a difference behind the scenes as well as on screen?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I don't understand why the show took such a massive dip in quality compared to the last one with Jack. Did Keifer make that big of a difference behind the scenes as well as on screen?
My guess is either him, Joel Surnow, Robert Cochran or a combination of them because it's almost like the creators of this one (who were apparently producers on the original) missed the loving point of the original 24 entirely.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

3 A.M. Radio posted:

I don't necessarily think the writing is that much worse than previous seasons (and honestly, I think everything after season 3 is terrible) -- it's just that Kiefer has relentless charisma and was able to carry the show on his back, whereas Hawkins ... just isn't that capable an actor.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

This mess does not fall on Hawkins. At all.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I kinda felt annoyed that Tony just up and shot that guard in the face.
Like, I thought we were happy to see him back on the show, like we were supposed to root for an old fan fave, but they gave him a real dick move this ep. I thought he was going to try a softer approach with his woman partner trying to convince him to be more ruthless (after hinting at that kind of plot with the hotel room phonecall scene from last ep), but I guess not?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
You cant blame him for that, he's got a reputation to keep after all.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Man, I decided to start catching up last night since I'm a few episodes behind. Watched episode 7 (yeah Tony!), but I still can't manage to stay interested in this show. Normally the opportunity to watch more than one episode of 24 back-to-back is glorious. After all never has there been a show more marathon friendly. But it just feels like there's a gaping hole in this show left by Keifer Sutherland. It seems like all the other elements are there but he apparently really was the glue holding everything together.

Anyone else feeling this way?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Yeah, I am struggling to make it through all 12 episodes.

I don't blame any of the actors. I think they are doing a fine job. The plot is bad though. How many times are we going to see someone kidnapped by terrorists? I know that is a 24 trope, but so far in 11 hours they have kidnapped or held hostage:

- Carter's army buddy
- Non-terrorist Dad
- Carter
- Carter's brother
- Carter's wife
- CTU guard's mistress
- CTU analyst that reminds me of Ed Helmes
- Jimmy Smits
- Miranda Otto

I am probably missing a few too. It like they can't figure out any other way of advancing the story except recycling a few tired concepts over and over.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Gonz posted:

I'd like to think that Designated Survivor is actually a hallucinated construct within Jack Bauer's own mind that he created to protect his sanity as his body breaks down from constant torture in a Russian prison.

Tom Clancy eventually made Jack Ryan the President and drat if I don't feel like Designated Survivor is a huge missed opportunity to do the same for a thinly veiled Jack Bauer. I mean Jack being the President yet still being just as brutally insane and kick-rear end as he's always been would be the utter height of ridiculously cool. Just imagine how loving scared other nations would be when they found out that the Designated Survivor and now President was Jack Bauer.

Essentially both of these shows are tepid by themselves, but combine them and you've got a Voltron of epic awesomeness.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 16, 2017

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Didn't even need to click the link; I know what scene it is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

For anyone who's on the fence about seeing The Fate of the Furious, there's an almost exact replication of that "That's Jack Bauer!" scene in it, and it rules.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

-Blackadder- posted:

Tom Clancy eventually made Jack Ryan the President

Twice. Jack was such a Mary Sue that four years after leaving office, he ran for a second term because he knew the country didn't trust liberals.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Just watched last Monday's episode.

Unpopular opinion: It was okay. In a non-ironic way. If every episode of this was as watchable as this, this show would've been alright.

Also, Budget Ed Helms is good. And they finally gave Jimmy Smits something to do, even though it's too little, too late.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Apr 17, 2017

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!
I am fairly certain 1 more episode isn't enough time to satisfactorily wrap things up and also if they kill Tony I swear to God

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

From the trailer you can guess a couple of things. Not sure why I'm spoiling but whatever:

- Carter obviously lives Tony's attack. My guess is they literally do a BvS "they're going to kill Martha Rebecca and Tony backs off. He may need to kill his lady friend because she's obviously not going to go along with it.

- Carter facetimes Naseri and shows him the daughter. They'll exchange her for Rebecca

- Naseri will try to sneak Rebecca out. Probably will get caught and killed.

- Rebecca gets executed live because people loving love downer endings, right?

- Carter goes RAMPAGE????

- 12 Hour timeskip is to show the aftermath of the whole thing and that Donovan will stay in the race in order to avenge Rebecca (as President). Dad will probably turn himself in.

- final scene is with Tony recruiting Carter for a job. In Russia :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

From the trailer you can guess a couple of things. Not sure why I'm spoiling but whatever:

- final scene is with Tony recruiting Carter for a job. In Russia :getin:

This will make the whole season worthwhile.

• Locked thread