Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

-Blackadder- posted:

I just watched it. I miss Jack.

The new lead isn't bad parsae, but the whole show just feels like it's waiting for Jack to show up.

While watching I started thinking that it would be cool if this season's McGuffin was a mysterious weapon that multiple nations were afraid of. After spending the entire season tracking the weapon, in the last episode, the new protagonist finds it and it's reveled to be Jack Bauer locked away in some gulag.

Another idea I had would be for the main villain to be ultimately revealed to be Jack, and then of course in the following season we find out that he's undercover blah blah blah que team up.

Kiefer Sutherland is such an integral part of this show I don't know how successful it's going to be without him. He's supposedly pretty firm about not coming back and he's doing Designated Survivor right now anyway (which I really couldn't get into), but this show definitely needs him.

With how similar I felt 24 was getting to the Call of Duty games by the end of the series, that sounds like something they'd do. I was thinking he'd end up being a brainwashed Russian spy or something.

I'm currently watching the premier, and I'm definitely giving it a chance, even if it's off to a slow start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

I personally enjoyed the one terrorist getting headbutted so hard by the tied up Eric that he was sent flying into a cabinet.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Your Taint posted:

The Black Bauer Power Hour?

I thought Curtis was the Black Jack?

I really do hope Jack comes back in some capacity.

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 6, 2017

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I gotta admit, I'm kinda interested to see how they explain how a teenager died all of a sudden to other people :allears:

I was thinking they're either going to blow everything up before people realize he's dead, or they're going to somehow pin the whole thing on him, like he died in a suicide bombing.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

The show is not great, but I'm going to stick with it until the end of the season, mostly because I want to see if they bring back any of the characters from the first season, or at least hint at them coming back. It's easy to think Jack just got offed by the Russians, but I like to think there's more going on. Here's hoping the next season starts with Tony and Eric busting him out of a gulag.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

I'm glad the main character isn't just a copy of Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

I don't understand why the show took such a massive dip in quality compared to the last one with Jack. Did Keifer make that big of a difference behind the scenes as well as on screen?

• Locked thread