Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Noted "great character guy" Marvin Harrison def belongs in the hall though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
so can jamaal charles. but man was he fun to watch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

As happy as I am about locking Berry up I'm equally sad about this. It probably needed to be done but goddamn he was amazing.

He's the best RB you guys have ever had

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

As happy as I am about locking Berry up I'm equally sad about this. It probably needed to be done but goddamn he was amazing.
same here. i was so happy because i thought the chiefs were gonna gently caress up berry's deal and we would lose him forever.

but thinking about the fact that i will never see jamaal's effortless looking stride again is making me insanely depressed. gently caress

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

a neat cape posted:

He's the best RB you guys have ever had

They've had a lot of guys put up a lot of yards, but I don't think any of them ever scared me as bad as Charles. Dude was so loving good.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Here's all of Jamaal's touchdowns. One of the GOAT imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNarYL-Mbk8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBwZwF-Gwas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JucZvPdRj1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVW-0v074QE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EwGOrxGCP0

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

They've had a lot of guys put up a lot of yards, but I don't think any of them ever scared me as bad as Charles. Dude was so loving good.

Took the words out of my mouth

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Reminder that Bill Polian claims he had Tom Brady ranked as a first round QB, but won't explain why he didn't just take him in the fifth round.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The only running back in NFL history with better yards per attempt than Jamaal Charles was born in loving 1920, to put it in perspective. :stare:

Next best was goddamn Jim Brown.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao if you don't think T.O and Moss both shouldn't be in the Hall.

This is some old white man bullshit logic.

"Well they just showed to much energy on the field!!!! Didn't care about the TEAM!"

Bullshit. Bill shut the hell up. You drafted Manning and rode the wave.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles hitting free agency would have been NUTS 2 years ago.

Now? :(

They broken :(

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone who honestly believes Randy Moss did everything right and wasn't a bum, and it's just some old white man talking point, never saw him with the Raiders. He's a loser.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Anyone who honestly believes Randy Moss did everything right and wasn't a bum, and it's just some old white man talking point, never saw him with the Raiders. He's a loser.

would you put even 25% effort in if you were on a mid-2000s raiders team

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alaois posted:

would you put even 25% effort in if you were on a mid-2000s raiders team

no but i'm a loser too

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Who was even throwing him the ball with the Raiders?

A 35+ old Rich Gannon ?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Volkerball posted:

If I were the best in the world at what I do and stuck in an organization that aspired to mediocrity in a few years I'd get pissed and stop trying too. It's got to be infuriating seeing your talents utterly wasted and know you're never getting those years back.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

A Man and his dog posted:

A 35+ old Rich Gannon ?
Kerry Collins

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

A Man and his dog posted:

A 35+ old Rich Gannon ?

Kerry Collins and uh, Aaron Brooks. Also I think Andrew Walter got in there for a few games

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

evilweasel posted:

If I were the best in the world at what I do and stuck in an organization that aspired to mediocrity in a few years I'd get pissed and stop trying too. It's got to be infuriating seeing your talents utterly wasted and know you're never getting those years back.

Not many people in the hall of fame would agree with you.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Moss went for 60 / 1000 / 8 his first year in Oakland with an aging Kerry Collins at QB then had a garbage year his second because the Raiders went with Andrew Walter at QB with an offensive coordinator who hadn't worked since the mid 80's and was managing a bed and breakfast for the previous like decade because Al was completely off his rocker by then.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I still remember them interviewing him and him not being able to like describe how bad it was there.

"It's weird...man. It's just...weird."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

Moss went for 60 / 1000 / 8 his first year in Oakland with an aging Kerry Collins at QB then had a garbage year his second because the Raiders went with Andrew Walter at QB with an offensive coordinator who hadn't worked since the mid 80's and was managing a bed and breakfast for the previous like decade because Al was completely off his rocker by then.

The first year he was the only person who was getting the ball thrown to him. His catch percentage was abysmal. Guys like Brandon Marshall had a lot more success in similar positions. He didn't even try to catch balls half the time. And the second year he completely quit. Oh boo hoo, the team was bad. Walk a mile in Larry Fitzgerald's shoes. Have some real problems.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I will never forget watching the raiders that year, watching Andrew Walter take these gigantic 7 step dropbacks while his receivers ran routes that'd take 5+ seconds to get open and then he would get crushed by every pass rusher at the same time.

That was also the year when they beat a concussed Roethlisberger by pick-sixing him twice and we were all convinced Nnamdi was the best CB in the league.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

I will never forget watching the raiders that year, watching Andrew Walter take these gigantic 7 step dropbacks while his receivers ran routes that'd take 5+ seconds to get open and then he would get crushed by every pass rusher at the same time.

That was also the year when they beat a concussed Roethlisberger by pick-sixing him twice and we were all convinced Nnamdi was the best CB in the league.

He was!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Volkerball posted:

The first year he was the only person who was getting the ball thrown to him. His catch percentage was abysmal. Guys like Brandon Marshall had a lot more success in similar positions. He didn't even try to catch balls half the time. And the second year he completely quit. Oh boo hoo, the team was bad. Walk a mile in Larry Fitzgerald's shoes. Have some real problems.

You're really mad about the best player to ever wear a raiders uniform

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
He did open a yogurt shop!

*how the hell do I remember that*

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Time posted:

I didn't know we were talking about Bo.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Time posted:

Not as mad as Randy Moss is about the catering.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Flikken posted:

I didn't know we were talking about Bo.

Randy moss is unequivocally better than bo, and also every other raider ever

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This was such a beautiful game:

Raiders won 20-13 I think without ever sustaining an offensive drive.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TO and Moss both owned and obviously deserve to be in the HoF.

Along with Fred Taylor and/or Jimmy Smith. :negative:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

This was such a beautiful game:

Raiders won 20-13 I think without ever sustaining an offensive drive.

Nnamdi said it was his favorite game he ever played in.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Time posted:

You don't know Bo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The podcast where the SI writers laid out why TO wasn't being voted in did a pretty good job of explaining the anti-TO stance.

I still think he's a HoF'er, but I at least understand why they end up going for other players over him.

Now some of those players they choose....

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Time posted:

I appreciate what you're doing here but...yeah.

To stave off the response maybe Randy should have used some stickum.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Watching Randy Moss in 2007 was watching football played at its most perfect.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Randy Moss might not even be top 5 with all the olineman that have come through the Raiders.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Grittybeard posted:

I appreciate what you're doing here but...yeah.

To stave off the response maybe Randy should have used some stickum.

Jerry rice is a system receiver

(I forgot about jerry. Randy is second best ever)

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Time posted:

Jerry rice is a system receiver

(I forgot about jerry. Randy is second best ever)

Jerry didn't buckle like a belt at the first sign of adversity, and neither did Tim Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Bill Polian is a dildo.

• Locked thread