Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

mastershakeman posted:

That's just ay/a. Which takes ints into account. A much better measurement would be where ints are thrown from and to. If you can pass all day between the 20s but throw ints in the red zone that should be treated worse than throwing ints from your 40 to the opposing 20 , especially on third down.

Like DVOA which you hate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pershing posted:

Works fine for me.

It worked for me too, but there's literally zero mention that the man was fired for repeatedly showing up to work drunk at USC.

Like, yeah, he's a coach who had some success. And alcoholism sucks. But...uh...that's something to worry about. Or if not worry about then at least mention.

e: Oh I missed that was a Falcons link. Let me revise that to say it's something to mention if you're anything other than the team who hired him.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 10, 2017

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Grittybeard posted:

e: Oh I missed that was a Falcons link. Let me revise that to say it's something to mention if you're anything other than the team who hired him.

I thought it went without saying :)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

Yeah, like by the time you want to massage the statistics based on situation, you're pretty much down to either DVOA/DYAR or QBR and I think you can go ahead and toss QBR out of hand.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

sean10mm posted:

argh, my petard

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Durandal1707 posted:

https://twitter.com/ischafer/status/829500863794274305

Basically he went after James Dolan, the incompetent shitheel who's been running the Knicks into the ground for the last 15+ years, mayhem ensues.

Why were people cheering?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Chris Long says he won't be visiting the White House: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chris-long-says-he-wont-be-going-to-the-white-house-with-the-patriots/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I'm cool with the Walsh signing. He's already won us a playoff game and it seems like his problems are purely mental. It wasn't long ago that he was one of the better young kickers in the league. He's got a big leg and kicks touchbacks more often than not. Hopefully he just had the yips and gets over it in Seattle.

I'll miss you, Hausch Money. I hope you either land somewhere you're happy, or have a cool new career lined up.

Fantastic.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/derekcarrqb/status/829706951286149120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"child labor is cool" - derek carr, qb of ostentatious' favorite football team "the oakland raiders"

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

John Brown posted:

Why were people cheering?

Oakley was a really popular player for the 90's Knicks, and NYK fans absolutely detest James Dolan's guts. He's the NBA's version of Dan Snyder, except more incompetent & sniveling.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

https://twitter.com/derekcarrqb/status/829706951286149120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"child labor is cool" - derek carr, qb of ostentatious' favorite football team "the oakland raiders"

children should do nothing for the first 18 years of their life besides getting fat.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

incompetent posted:

children should do nothing for the first 18 years of their life besides getting fat.

They should get fat only if they can't throw a ball and are naturally slow. That's how offensive lineman are created.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/roguepotusstaff/status/830051106705256449

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Is that account just for funsies?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Ehud posted:

Is that account just for funsies?

It claims to be real. I'm pretty loath to believe its real because it keeps telling me exactly what I want to hear and that makes me suspicious.

The only thing I know of that suggests it might be legit is that account tweeted out something about trump planning on signing an anti-lgbt EO, and other news sources subsequently reported on that, but I never bothered to track down if they actually broke that news first (the order was later kiboshed because gays are probably the one minority trump doesn't have a problem with and that was right about the time he got mad people kept having him sign things without explaining what they were in small words). If they were actually the first to break it that suggests its legit, but my suspicion is that they weren't, or they broke it when it was rumored around DC but not firmly enough for people to report on it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
it's not real dummies

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also it might be a Russian disinformation operation since they've been caught with a few russified typos

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

It claims to be real. I'm pretty loath to believe its real because it keeps telling me exactly what I want to hear and that makes me suspicious.

The only thing I know of that suggests it might be legit is that account tweeted out something about trump planning on signing an anti-lgbt EO, and other news sources subsequently reported on that, but I never bothered to track down if they actually broke that news first (the order was later kiboshed because gays are probably the one minority trump doesn't have a problem with and that was right about the time he got mad people kept having him sign things without explaining what they were in small words). If they were actually the first to break it that suggests its legit, but my suspicion is that they weren't, or they broke it when it was rumored around DC but not firmly enough for people to report on it.

It's fake. There is no White House staff that stays on when the administration changes that would even entertain the idea of creating such a highly partisan account and have such an high output. All the attempts to proof it to be legitimate have, as far as I know, been disproven by earlier reports of the same content in addition to the fact that they often use vague phrases like "POTUS plans" etc.

As for the actual Tweet, the idea that Trump would lobby Kraft to cut players who skip the WH visit is absurd, given that actually doing that would destroy the franchise and even Trump has to understand that. It's more a "what would a comically stupid dictator do", aka. what plays with the Democratic base.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

As for the actual Tweet, the idea that Trump would lobby Kraft to cut players who skip the WH visit is absurd, given that actually doing that would destroy the franchise and even Trump has to understand that. It's more a "what would a comically stupid dictator do", aka. what plays with the Democratic base.

that's not a thing in today's world

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

It's fake. There is no White House staff that stays on when the administration changes that would even entertain the idea of creating such a highly partisan account and have such an high output. All the attempts to proof it to be legitimate have, as far as I know, been disproven by earlier reports of the same content in addition to the fact that they often use vague phrases like "POTUS plans" etc.

No one cares you apparent racist

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Trump is a narcissistic, borderline sociopath who understands poo poo

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Trump is a narcissistic, borderline sociopath who understands poo poo

He also has orange skin

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I only want a fake account that tweets about nothing but his love of watersports.

------------------

Also here's some FCC complaints about the Superbowl:

quote:

Cottage Grove, Oregon

My husband, five children aging 6-17 were watching Fox telivion [sic], the patriots were getting awarded the Lombardi trophy after winning the super bowl. I was feeling inspiration for the kids, that anything is possible for my childrens [sic] future. The whole time they are walking the trophy down you hear the F word or MF over and over. It was ridiculous to have people that your kids look up to, hearing verbiage like that. I thought there was a mandaty [sic] time delay for reasons like this. I didn't invite that language into my house but yet it was there during family TV time. I'm outraged that the technology provided doesn't better protect innocent ones from those obscenities. I think this has to stop and someone needs to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. Totally dissatisfied with what you allow!!! It can be avoided!

San Antonio, Texas

The African American guy carrying a silver trophy was yelling "motherfucker" at least two times. This is inappropriate for young viewers and Fox has crossed the line as well as the NFL.

Rosemead, California

At the end of the superbowl [sic] a black teammate congratulated tom brady and told him "YOURE THE GREATEST, YOURE THE loving GREATEST, YOURE THE loving GREATEST!"

Hazlehurst, Georgia

I cannot believe Willie McGinest is so uncouth he cannot find a better word than motherfu##er while carrying the Lombardi trophy past players and fans. This happened after Superbowl 51 on Feb 5 2017. Obviously fox was unaware because it was not bleeped out. He told fans and players to kiss it, kiss this motherfu##er, tongue kiss it. I mean really. And while staring into camera.

Jupiter, Florida

I think the T-Mobile super bowl commercials are extremely inappropriate for young audiences due to the sado-masochism innuendos. This is much worse than Janet Jackson's accidental exposure!! I'm just glad it's a school night and my children went to bed since I live on the East coast [sic].

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

T-Mobile aired two indecent sexual commercials during the Super Bowl. This is supposed to be a family event. The kids already have to leave during the sexually charged halftime show and now they have to leave for the commercials. Families all over the country now have to explain BDSM to their kids and how their new campaign of #TheSafeWordIsUnlimited is appropriate.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

GaussianCopula posted:

whoa............

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Were the t-mobile commercials actually weird or is that just dumb people being angry? Also nobody mentioning Chrissy Tiegan nipple is kind of surprising but that's her default state.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Also it might be a Russian disinformation operation since they've been caught with a few russified typos

Yup. These typos they keep making aren't even the sort that Americans could reasonably make by accident.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Donald Trump is fat.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Rooster Brooster posted:

Donald Trump is fat.

looks like Jiminy Glick

Nov 6, 2002

lol you can't even swear if you win the super bowl

of course that bitch specified it was a "black teammate"

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Besides “elite”, what's the first descriptor that comes to your mind when you think of Joe Flacco? That's right, “handsome.”

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/830092718038622208

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

lol you can't even swear if you win the super bowl

of course that bitch specified it was a "black teammate"
I like how s/he said "African American" just to make it sound less racist

Nov 6, 2002

fsif posted:

Besides “elite”, what's the first descriptor that comes to your mind when you think of Joe Flacco? That's right, “handsome.”

https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/830092718038622208

There was a lot of data here.

http://wearefanatics.com/most-attractive-nfl-teams/

Rough year for the Jags.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GaussianCopula posted:

even Trump has to understand that.

trump is almost unbelievably stupid.

the pats have like five players way handsomer than flacco.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Groovelord Neato posted:

the pats have like five players way handsomer than flacco.

Is this where homerism takes us in February

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Edelman.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Andy Dalton is more handsome than Joe Flacco

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

JPrime fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Feb 10, 2017

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
So I'm right now debating whether teams should want Martellus Bennett on their team prompted by this tweet

https://twitter.com/MartysaurusRex/status/830099902466314241

Why you would want him? He is a good to very good TE that can block and catch passes.

Why you wouldn't want him? He declined a 7m py contract from New England before the 2016 season, which means his price is almost certainly considerably higher now. His track record with teams is not the best, often developing into some kind of locker room disturbance. In addition to that he is now used to winning and the Patriots way, which might make him flame out even faster if your team is struggles.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GaussianCopula posted:

In addition to that he is now used to winning and the Patriots way
jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

I sense a disturbance in the locker room. As if millions of cliches cried out and were silenced by one voice with an original opinion.

• Locked thread