Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

deadlifting is great for building brutal, powerful strength....you just start loving packing on mass!!

Hang cleans too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Steelers just cut Justin Gilbert

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kalli posted:

Which NFL player is most likely to go all Charles Oakley on his team's owner?

(ps, go check twitter if you haven't)

Can I get a link or smth geeze

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Randy Moss is the best WR I've ever seen play. That highlight video is fully sick.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Did anyone mention that Jerry Sandusky's adopted son has been arrested for sexually assaulting a child?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Late but there's a whole lot of drunk mofos on the South Side that desperately need knocked out. Revis is a hero

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kalli posted:

The "terroristic threats" were "I got more guys coming" and "You want to be next?" according to the police report.

Revis needs safety help to beat up random 20 year olds.

Players and coaches just need to resist the lure of the South Side Bacchanalia. That's also where Joey Porter found himself in a jackpot in the back of a cop car during the playoffs

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ben isn't retiring. He's a passive-aggressive drama queen who was mad at the coaching staff for the embarrassment in Foxborough.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

Sure, I don't think he cares about the quantity that much. But guaranteed money and signing bonus do more than just line his mansion; they help ensure that he'll get to chance to play at least one more season, which he probably does care about.

In terms of concessions, those only go so far--his agent is the one doing the negotiation and Tom Condon isn't a "massive paycut for my client" kind of guy (he reps both Manning bros, Brees, Stafford, and Ryan).

I didn't think my statement implied that I really believed that would happen, but if you need to offer a fervent defense, sure

"Fervent defense" unlike the Cowboys

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

*shrug* at least the good half of our team showed up in the playoffs

I think you'll find that the lack of playoff success was caused by "noted Choker Tony Romo," friend

That's cool, at least the Steelers won 2 playoff games this year

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

And then pittsburgh files a motion to dismiss and wins in 12 seconds

The Rooneys will get the charges reduced & claim Revis off of waivers when the Jets cut him

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

evilweasel posted:

no way they take that contract

Good point. I wasn't entirely serious, but bringing up his contract reminded me about the whole story of him possibly coming to Pgh after being cut by the Pats, which was derailed then by that contract

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

I guess? I'm really finding it hard to be invested in this weird little pissing match over which team won more playoff games because I made a joke about Roethlisberger retiring. Like, cool--they beat Miami and Kansas City in the playoffs. Neat!

I think the issue here is that you keep either assuming my quip-like responses to you are somehow a pissing match instead of just, you know, banter.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Intruder posted:

The Steelers win over the Dolphins was about as legit as the Texans over the Raiders

extremely legit

It was so frickin' cold at the game that staying after AB had 2 TDs in the 1st 8min was pretty much torture. I'm willing to suffer for my fandom tho

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

oh, my bad. Well, I'm full up on banter, thanks

congrats on your playoff wins

unlike the Texans' MNF loss to the Raiders, which was just total bullshit

Hahaha look at this sour Jane

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

How can the most competitive division have the last decade's worst team in football?

because the other 3 teams average 10+ wins per year, and the Browns are almost never bad enough to pick #1 so there's usually someone worse

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/836262321995440128

:hellyeah:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Le'Veon Bell has been franchise tagged

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

AB signed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788040/article/steelers-sign-antonio-brown-to-fiveyear-extension

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Hahaha holy poo poo that AB contract wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

Yinzers are going to be really salty about it too since they hate the idea of good players getting paid for their worth.

NGL, that's a frightening number, but he deserves to be paid

• Locked thread