Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

Martellus Bennett is getting into arguments with Twitter trolls. Strongly hints that he's looking for cash or might not play at all, which is of surprise to absolutely no one.

What I love is when people, especially the "NFL media" frames it as "get paid by the man", not realizing that he doesn't take away money from the owners/teams but really just the other players in the NFL, who ruin their bodies and health at the same rate he is.

I wonder which desperate team will sign him for top TE money though.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Can someone explain to me the bears' logic behind trying to trade cutler now after all but flying a plane over halas hall saying they will cut him and any team can sign him cheaper

The big benefit for any team that trades for him is that they get his contract too, which has no guaranteed money left on it, which means you can kick the tire at a very reasonable rate by starting QB standards (12,5m + 2,5m roster bonus in 2017). If they cut him it's reasonable to expect that he will get at least 30m in signing bonus/guaranteed money given how much Osweiler made last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Julian Edelman responded to Brady's suspect board, which included him:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ0x39UBjPq/?taken-by=edelman11

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Christ, while I appreciate his love for South Park, please don't break your neck (or any other bone) while skiing.

Edit: I really hope that's just a friend of Tom and not the GOAT himself cause cripes, don't do that a week after saying "I got it figured out, I can't get injured".

GaussianCopula fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 23, 2017

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

fsif posted:

A few Buffalo reporters have been noting how little information they have about what's going on with Tyrod and how few leaks have been coming out of the front office this offseason. It's just strange, I wonder what could have changed.

The guy who never could should up and his brother were fired, that's what happened.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I mean, I was going for something that might be feasible. Long off season, have your all star game with its dumb rules aso the very first "game" of the year. The players that were in the superbowl get to play, everyone is excited for football to be back, turn it into an actual big event celebrating football being back and the hall of fame ceremony

OR your idea, I guess

I'm sure your all-stars want to play in absolutely meaningless game the week before (pre)-season starts.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

sean10mm posted:

The truth is you don't want Cam Newton because the refs unashamedly want him to die, and defenses are more than happy to oblige them.

The issue with Netwon is that his threat as a danger is integral to his game, and if you take that away, either because you want to protect him more, or because he will age faster than your average pocket passing QB, he is no longer in the franchise QB tier.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Gronk needs to stop doing stupid bro stuff and get on the TB12 program if he wants to get into the HoF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Yeah I'm sure the outcome wouldn't have been any different if the best running back in the league didn't get hurt. Yeah, that wouldn't have changed anything whatsoever

I'm not sure how a Cowboy getting hurt would have changed the AFCCG?

• Locked thread