Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Today is the 16th anniversary of Derrick Thomas' death, so let's marvel at how absurd of a player he was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs5oKB-jVwM

Fun fact, the guy who's the Chiefs' current o-line coach is the dude who gave up 7 sacks to him in 1990 lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Can I get a link or smth geeze

https://twitter.com/ischafer/status/829500863794274305

Basically he went after James Dolan, the incompetent shitheel who's been running the Knicks into the ground for the last 15+ years, mayhem ensues.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Spags is a good DC if you have a d-line that's stacked and a pretty good secondary.

I mean, you can say that about a lot of coaches, but defense definitely wasn't the problem with the Giants' last year. I'd think about dumping the o-line coach though...

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

John Brown posted:

Why were people cheering?

Oakley was a really popular player for the 90's Knicks, and NYK fans absolutely detest James Dolan's guts. He's the NBA's version of Dan Snyder, except more incompetent & sniveling.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Chargers are destined to be dogshit as long as the Spanos family owns the team, whereas the Ravens are a competent organization. So they won't be playing each other in the playoffs hth

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The problem with saying that the Chargers will make a quick turnaround is that they're perpetually one of the most injured teams in the league, their offensive line is absolute dogshit, and they hired Anthony Lynn because they didn't want to offload Whisenhunt. Not that I think Whis is a bad OC, but i'm not a fan of foisting coaches from a previous regime onto a new HC whatsoever.

Rivers is also starting to slip, and it doesn't help that they'd rather overpay for another team's castoffs (seriously, Orlando Franklin sucks so much) than spend high picks on linemen that can actually keep him upright. I guess they're going to be a good defensive team if they stay healthy next season? It's still hard for me to see them making progress in a murderous AFC West.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Chromatic posted:

what was jeff george's problem again? stupid or just too much of an rear end in a top hat to get it

that arm though

He was a douchier Jay Cutler, more or less. One of the strongest arms ever but was so much of an rear end in a top hat that basically nobody wanted to put up with him after a certain point.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GeorJe00.htm

^ Notice how his stays at every team he was on got shorter and shorter as his career went on, except for at the end with the Redskins. It's a shame he was a head case, because good lord that arm.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Chromatic posted:

Could anyone tell me why the bears offense looked so great under marc trestman for one year(2013) then dropped off quicker than dabbing? FFS even josh mccown looked like a pro bowler under that offense.

was it just a situation not unlike chip kelly where the offense was figured out and failed to adjust?

Edit: looking at pff and man that offense was stacked. cutler, prime forte, prime marshall, good alshon jeffery, and bennett.

IIRC both Marshall and Jeffrey got nicked up very early in that year and they became more of a dink 'n dunk to try and make up for it, and it didn't really work out very well. I vaguely remember Bears fans also talking about how Trestman would ditch the running game almost immediately even if Forte was getting good yardage on the ground.

And also Trestman apparently had no idea on how to handle a locker room so that Bears team became a toxic mess of personalities fairly quickly.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

MrLogan posted:

Chargers won't be as injured

That'll be the day.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

89 posted:

I remember when Poe was like the strongest man that ever lived during the Combine.

Back injuries ain't nothing to gently caress with, especially for a huge man like him.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
gently caress Bill Polian and his garbage philosophy for building teams.

Kalli posted:

I will never forget watching the raiders that year, watching Andrew Walter take these gigantic 7 step dropbacks while his receivers ran routes that'd take 5+ seconds to get open and then he would get crushed by every pass rusher at the same time.

That was also the year when they beat a concussed Roethlisberger by pick-sixing him twice and we were all convinced Nnamdi was the best CB in the league.

The 06 Raiders had drat near the worst offense i've ever seen. I remember Walter just getting crushed in the MNF opener against the Chargers over and over again, it was gruesome.

Their defense honestly was pretty ok though. Warren Sapp had a good season and Nnamdi really was one of the best players in the league at time.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Volkerball posted:

They've had a lot of guys put up a lot of yards, but I don't think any of them ever scared me as bad as Charles. Dude was so loving good.
This is going to sound super moronic, but Larry Johnson before he got grounded into dust was the Chiefs RB I always felt worried about more than any other one. I can't really explain why, because Charles was a much better player overall; he didn't have the physicality, but he was such a better receiver and pass blocker against the blitz. Still, that combination of hard running power & agility always worried me whenever the Chargers played the Chiefs in the mid 2000s.

Caveat: he's a godawful person and so dumb that he couldn't put 2+2 together if you drew it for him in crayon. But hey I said it was a dumb post so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The fact that he's making GBS threads on Owens and Moss for being locker room cancers while previously throwing a conniption fit over Marvin Harrison not being a first balloteer - despite the fact that Harrison was probably a much worse person than TO or Moss, but his shittiness doesn't count because he wasn't in the locker room - should tell you everything you need to know about Polian's stance in general.

Also Marvin was MAYBE 85% of the player TO or Moss were, but that's beside the point

• Locked thread