Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This was such a beautiful game:

Raiders won 20-13 I think without ever sustaining an offensive drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The podcast where the SI writers laid out why TO wasn't being voted in did a pretty good job of explaining the anti-TO stance.

I still think he's a HoF'er, but I at least understand why they end up going for other players over him.

Now some of those players they choose....

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Watching Randy Moss in 2007 was watching football played at its most perfect.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eli Wiggum posted:

Honestly the only negative (for me) of the Pats not winning it all that season was Moss being denied a ring.

And Junior Seau I guess

This catch (and the one before it isn't bad either) is my favorite just loving ridiculous plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QJS7SQ_U8I&t=120s

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

WHOOPS posted:

Was this posted earlier this month? Every Randy Moss 40+ yard touchdown to celebrate his 40th birthday?

https://youtu.be/1Q7lGl_EfbE

It's 10 minutes long cause Randy Moss.

I've watched the whole thing 4 times now.

The best part is it ending on an Alex Smith pass.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The most likely scenario if Zeke is one of the better backs in football is they extend him after year 3 to a large, but not crazy extension and they ride him until he's ~30 and then let him go.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Raku posted:

imagine if tom brady wasn't 40

https://gfycat.com/SomeEverlastingAdmiralbutterfly

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This is a real good article on what it's like at the combine and why it's designed to make players neurotic messes:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/how-to-survive-the-nfl-combine/

quote:

Rule 2: Don’t screw up your interviews

As a player, you’re allowed to have up to 15 private interviews with teams during which you meet with the GM, head coach, position coach, and maybe a few other coaches. When you arrive, they give you an index card with all your meeting times on it. It gives you an indication of the level of interest in you. If you have all 15, you’re probably going in the first round. I had one.

If you don’t have an interview, you go into this big conference hall where teams are standing around. It’s like a bizarre college job fair. You kind of walk around with a big smile on your face like, “Hello sir, I’d like to be your new left guard!” and representatives from teams literally grab you by the arm and start asking you questions on the spot. Then a horn blows after five minutes and another team grabs you.

My only private interview was with the Seattle Seahawks. This is where things can get intense and you can field some unusual questions. I personally wasn’t asked anything weird, but I remember that Mike Holmgren pulled up one of my game clips from Oregon. It was a game against a lesser team and he said, “It doesn’t look like you’re trying as hard here.”

He was absolutely right. It wasn’t like I was getting beat, but I wasn’t going 100 percent. It was right there on the tape. I couldn’t say anything except, “You’re right.” I didn’t think they would notice stuff like that, but even if you’re a lower-round pick, they have guys who are watching all your clips. They remember your college games better than you do. It was a hell of a lesson.

This is also why the one-on-one O-line vs. D-line drills at the Senior Bowl can be misleading. The drill is pretty much rigged for O-linemen to fail. A lot of the D-linemen aren’t playing in their normal position, so their footwork and positioning is different. As an O-lineman, there’s no context. You don’t know what type of pass rush you’re going to get. Most importantly, the defensive lineman doesn’t have to worry about getting his head taken off on either side of him, so he can try all kinds of crazy moves. Based on what you hear on TV, that drill gets a lot of hype. I don’t think it’s a great indication of what happens on a Sunday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

... awh damnit.

• Locked thread