Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

fsif posted:

Just saying, even his intangibles are poo poo!

He started in week 11, under a backward thinking HC, in one of the worst offensive schemes in the NFL, with a poo poo o-line and terrible WRs. I'm not sure that's a situation anyone's "intangibles" are going to shine through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/830143611849240576

Justin Smith should be the new HC next year (and every year after that).

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Tom Tucker posted:

News: rumors* are that the Browns, Bears, and 9ers may be interested enough in Garoppolo to fork over a 1st + other picks, especially due to the untested draft class at QB.

Views: If the net result of Deflategate is that the Pats win the superbowl and, because they got to highlight Garoppolo for 1.5 games, come away with net more draft picks I may well pass out from the pure strain joy.

*totally not started by anyone in Boston, honest.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/830907041862426624

This is the worst thing to happen to the 49ers in the 2010s :(

RIP 49ers.

Some team that runs power not in the NFC West needs to pay him a shitload of money.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Oh god gently caress no don't do it Rathman

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/831321576717090816

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Capitus Von Doom posted:

I have recently been watching old NFL videos(around 90's and early 2000's era) and I noticed that the fields don't use the same turf that they use today. I also noticed that they aren't wearing cleats. Does anyone know what those old fields were made of?

Bits of brain matter and discarded tendons.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/status/834201507742482433

There you go, Seahawks fans.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Spoeank posted:

Gronk's brain just stopped growing at 15 and that's a-okay in my book

If you disagree, pull the stick out of your rear end

As long as he never runs for public office, or takes a job with any level of responsibility beyond judging contests that take place on, near and/or involving water, he's awesome.

My greatest fear is Presidential Candidate Rob Gonkowski.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also probably, but then again, Chip also chose to start Blaine Gabbert for five games, to the tune of a 68.4 passer rating

His only other option at that point was Christian Ponder.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Kaepernick wasn't too hurt to play for all five of those games

He wasn't cleared by his own doctor to even practice until the very end of July, and I can't remember the date the team's doctors cleared him. The word from the coaches (and all the beat reporters backed it up) was that he was having trouble because of lost muscle mass while recovering from surgery; you may recall the reports of arm fatigue/"dead" arm. They started him just about as soon as they physically could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

TheChirurgeon posted:

I know he wasn't cleared to practice until July, but I think you're forgetting a fairly large part of the whole ordeal was the contract renegotiation. Per Rotoworld, in October:

Kap started his first game of the season on Oct 16.

Edit: Ninja edit on the date! vvvv It wasn't a fairly large part of the ordeal if he only missed a game (maybe 2?) because of it, is my point. Contract negotiations also don't reflect on Chip Kelly, which is my larger point.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 27, 2017

• Locked thread