Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

GaussianCopula posted:

The big advantage is that NE does not have a single really bad contract on the roster, with the exception of Amendola who can be cut relatively painless if he doesn't restructure. Other than that the worst contract is probably McClellin for $3.2m cap.

But the expensive contracts will be Butler (if they do a long term deal) Hightower and whoever else they retain on defense. Bennett will be gone if he gets >9m py somewhere else, because that's Gronks number.

That and paying players under the table so it doesn't count against the cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why do the Raiders hate Latavious Murray?

He's easily replaceable with a late draft pick and they may get a comp pick for letting him go.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

All three facts in this post surprised me.

The bears? Is their stadium super small or something?

Smallest stadium in the NFL until the Chargers start playing on a soccer field.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's possible to underspend so far that you can't make it up, but it's really, really hard to do that and so far only the Raiders have even come close.

Not really. People don't understand how dead money works and that's why they think the Raider's weren't going to "make it."

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Chromatic posted:

- Berry might not play this year
- Poe is gone
- D-line is bad outside of Chris Jones
- ILB is trash. DJ is old and won't be back to form. The others couldn't stop the run to save their lives
- OLB was supposed to be the strength of the team but Houston is always injured, Hali gets 6 snaps a game anymore and is old, and Dee Ford completely dissapeared in the 2nd half of the year.
- Peters is the only good CB.

That defense is going to crash very loving hard.

It's the Raiders division now.

Oh, and Alex Smith is coming back which is just loving peachy.

Chargers won't be as injured and will be good and the Broncos will be still good.

• Locked thread