Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers are going to resign tolbert and go after eddie lacy and alshon jeffrey

we'll have the fattest skill group the league has ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gently caress yeah the bears!

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/829411255622447108
Jared Goff on that “biggest bust of all time” trajectory even if his flame out isn't as dramatic as Leaf's.

Who cares? Rams wr are complete trash and if all of them were cut tomorrow it wouldn't impact LAs overall skill at the position.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 8, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bill_simmons_charles_oakley_with_michael_jordan.txt

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ahahahah

quote:

The Hamilton Spectator reports free agent Johnny Manziel worked out for the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders in January.

Naturally, it was apparently an illegal workout, as the Hamilton Tiger-Cats own Manziel's CFL negotiating rights. The team has denied working out the washed-out NFLer. Going north of the border might be Manziel's only real option at this point. It would make a ton of sense for both the player and league.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The panthers team president, Danny Morrison, has resigned.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/roguepotusstaff/status/830051106705256449

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Also it might be a Russian disinformation operation since they've been caught with a few russified typos

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I was firing up the ownage cannon before I noticed the poster

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hifi posted:

blacked.com is realistic

Also top of the industry production values.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who was the first successful head coach that really went out of his way to surround himself with incompetent people?

John Fox kept complete assholes around him at all time and chased off anyone with a shred of talent.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Former raiders bust Quentin Moses died in a house fire.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He can come to Carolina but only if he can hang with kelvin and Tolbert at cook out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

astroturf was basically thin carpet on top of concrete.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:drat:

https://twitter.com/thinkprogress/status/831314764823482368

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

You realize we elect people to then make decisions about things they have literally zero experience in?

jed york was elected?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

athanatos wtf are you thinking

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

https://twitter.com/JimOwczarski/status/831613466565890048

I don't know anything about this guy but it sure sounds like they are going to let Dre walk

He was cut after the Falcons - panthers game when he clearly looked out of shape and disinterested.

He didn't stick anywhere for the rest of the season.

He did break his leg in late 2015, he's still young ish, and he has a lot of good tape.

But lol at there being a market for him.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 15, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Atlanta's zoo had an online contest to name a baby panda a few years ago.

"Bling Bling the Panda" won.

They didn't go through with it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Harsh, but fair.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

How are you unconscious for 10 minutes after being laid out

severely concussed

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My second high school was South Mecklenubrg in Charlotte. total poo poo hole. there were bad fights like two or three times a week. we had cops on campus constantly. It wasn't as bad as like Vance or West Meck but it was rough.

There was this giant senior when I was a junior who was like 20 years old. He wasn't all there, but dude was like 6-2 250 of pure muscle. He was a really nice, caring, gentle guy, and if he wasn't on the spectrum and could legally play football maybe south would have won a game while I went there.

Anyway somebody said something to him one time during lunch and he just loving snapped. He hit this other guy, one time, so hard he fell out of his shoes. It was amazing. Guy was on his back, his air force ones were like a foot from him. He was out for fifteen minutes. We all thought he was dead, but I guess they didn't call 911 for insurance reasons or whatever. The school nurse just kinda came and gave him an ice pack and held his hand until he woke up.

When the cops came and saw who had just done it, they just went up to him really nicely and said "Okay, we need to arrest you now, okay?"

And he just said, "Yeah, okay," and let himself be handcuffed.

I saw cops spear kids into trophy cases while I was at that school, and a bunch of grown rear end men took a look at this guy and asked him to let them arrest him.

it loving owned

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

whypick1 posted:

vvv They were in a movie: "Man Getting Hit by Football Player"

on the set of We Are Marshall extras got paid a bonus if they volunteered to be hit on kickoff coverage.

The people playing opposing teams were all former D1 and D2 players, tons from duke, who were all making less than the actors playing the Marshall players. They even had a get back coach to get them pumped up between takes.

On top of that, the Marshall players were supposed to be little and look like they weren't football players because of the circumstances surround the team.

I will never forget watching a bunch of guys fresh out of college just light up a bunch of actors take after take after take. It was incredible.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Genocide Tendency posted:

Nah..

If your brain has to reset after a head shot, it can take a few minutes. I was taken to a hospital and had a CT scan before they got any response beyond breathing after one of my head injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUqnd-KU7AQ

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah because the last NFCE aging QB that went to the Skins worked out suuuper well...

he played great and was getting ready to set their single season passing record before he was benched for reasons

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

From cams fingers to my heart

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

And the Panthers lose two draft picks for tampering...

Oh no how will they draft new obese players to keep Shomars in business

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

woof

quote:

University of North Carolina at Charlotte quarterback Kevin Olsen was arrested on rape charges Sunday, police said.

Olsen is the younger brother of Panthers TE, Greg Olsen.

Kevin Olsen was arrested on charges of second-degree forcible rape, cyberstalking, assault on a female, and second-degree forced sex.

7th flo krew represent

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If you criminalize nudity only criminals will be nude

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cam was broken down and playing behind a mash unit of an offensive line last year.

Kirk still couldn't beat him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:stonk:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

He said that to a bunch of grade-schoolers :xd:

https://youtu.be/SiFoE7LrwtM

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skills

Competition

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/jennalaineespn/status/834871619285684228

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hey what's tiki barber been up to

Tiki Barber posted:

“Cam Newton is the kind of quarterback who, he’s not going to make the risky or stupid throw,” Barber said on CBS Sports Radio’s Tiki and Tierney. “That means his completion percentage is lower. He doesn’t feel like that kind of quarterback, but he is that kind of quarterback. He’ll throw the ball away before he’ll take a sack or throw it into bad coverage, which is good. But it also makes him a kind of one- or two-trick pony. I’m throwing the deep ball or I’m firing it into Greg Olsen on a seam route or whatever it may be, or I’m tucking it and running it. So you become a one- or two-trick guy. So Jordan Rodgers is stating the obvious, but he said it in a way that actually makes a lot of sense. Kirk Cousins is actually the more viable option. Kirk Cousins will sit in the pocket and find his guy and read a defense and know pre-snap where he’s going to go with the ball, and if something breaks down, he finds his check-down back.

“So yeah, of course you take Kirk Cousins over Cam Newton, even though Cam Newton was MVP,” Barber continued. “With Cam Newton, you get an MVP season one year and you get what the hell we saw in 2016. What do you want? I’m not sure I want that roller coaster. I’ve seen that roller coaster – not with one guy, but with multiple guys over the course of my career. With Cam Newton, you’re getting year-to-year volatility. With Kirk Cousins, you haven’t had that. It’s been pretty consistent.”

Oh. Yeah that makes sense.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is there a world where cam ever throws the ball away because I would love to live in it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hey ross I'm at a wedding and one older guy from Nevada knows the Spanos family. He says they're all "loving assholes"

Also he constantly called the raiders the traitors and the niners the whiners.

Guy was like 80 and he loving owned.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

TFF has been so good to me. Thanks for everything guys.

Are you leaving?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mario Addison just got a three year contract from Carolina.

If you have no idea who he is, he was one of the most "efficient" pass rushers last year, meaning he was a rotational speed rusher who can't play all three downs.

Whatever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/rotoworld/status/836257829350752256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What the gently caress is going on here

quote:

ESPN's John Keim reports the 49ers are the only team Kirk Cousins is willing to sign a long-term contract with "right now."

Keim adds Washington will likely try to trade Cousins as there is a slim chance the two sides work out a deal, but this report puts a serious dent in his trade market. Teams are not going to give up any significant trade chips without assurances Cousins will agree to a long-term deal when he gets there, and it seems clear the quarterback's ultimate goal is to reunite with old OC and new 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan in 2018 if not sooner. Washington has bungled this situation from the start, and it does not look like it will get any better anytime soon.

Washington imploding is as unsurprising as anyone wanting to go to san francisco is surprising.

• Locked thread