Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

And he's one of the worst OL coaches in the NFL
Ugh at least somebody agrees. I've had a lot of Chiefs fans try to argue that he was good. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gronk is going to end up retiring in a few years and will spend his nights in front of a pool hall talking about how he likes them high school girls.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

I keep getting older and they stay the same age.
Yes they do
Yes they do~

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The best thing that could happen would be the Berry situation taking too long so Dontari Poe walks. I think he was part of the problem of the leaky Run Defense.

Fat man touchdowns are cool and good, bit his production on Defense wasn't as good.

Houston will be fine this year, they got a lot of picks to address the front 7 and I think you're wrong about the CB part. Mitchell did well when he got the starting role and Nelson is good if they keep him in the slot. I really don't think secondary is the issue.

Alex sure sucks yeah, but that's why you improve the running game. I have a good feeling his replacement is going to be drafted this year.

Sure they probably won't have a rabbits foot stuck in their rear end while they cruise to 12-4 again, but I don't see them being any worse than .500.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Spencer Ware showed that he can't handle the load as the lead back, so they will need to find one. He still makes a good complimentary back.

The Chiefs invested a lot into the secondary a year ago and Mitchell did well enough to have a chance at the starting role this season. Who knows, maybe Gaines will finally be recovered from his ACL and rebound? I wouldn't blame them if they took a corner, but I'd like to see how all the pieces they've already got will pan out.

Dorsey has been a wizard at finding defensive backs.

The bigger issue is the pass-rush. They absolutely have to find someone not slow to play Tamba's Elephant position, which Dee Ford can't handle. Dadi Nicholas looked promising, but I'd like to see more better quality depth overall. Think they need to find 2 OLB's.

Really think this is the time to address QB. No loving way Alex Smith is a 20 million dollar QB, or deserves an extension. Andy won't start a rookie QB if he can avoid it, so they need to make it happen this year. They could also stand to do better than Bray on the depth chart and don't have a #3 at all because Joel Stave is just a camp arm.

Start Offensive Lineup probably isn't going to change. They seem to really like Ehringer and Ldt and while Fisher is mediocre, they're stuck with him for awhile. I could see them upgrading from Jah Reid though.

They could use better TE depth and more good Special Teamers.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They aren't going to eat nearly 10 million in dead cap for Alex and Romo doesn't change the fact that they have to draft a QB. They just need to draft a loving QB finally.

Think Andy and John are genuine when they talk about Alex, but I'm sure they know they've hit the ceiling with him and his physical ability is already eroding. Once his arm starts to go, it'll be a quick and horrific downturn that can happen any day now.

Ware looked a lot slower down the stretch and than he hurt his ribs. West is a terrible version of Jamaal so it wouldn't hurt to have him on the bench more.

This team isn't going to repeat what they did in 2016 unless Dorsey nails FA and the draft.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 27, 2017

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I hope they realize that they aren't going to fill every hole and just get some good rear end players. It's not like they're going to ride the arm of Alex to the Super Bowl.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I knew they liked Ldt more than fans did, but jesus poo poo.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

There was no way they were bringing in Romo. Who else was going to start?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I wouldn't get pissed yet. I think they're going to draft a QB.

Now if they go all Thursday, Friday without taking one than yeah get pissed off.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

With Frenchman taking a much larger cap hit and Berry likely getting quite overpaid, I don't see how they can afford to franchise Poe without some.major contract restructuring.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I do not want to franchise Poe.
I'd rather they let him walk too. I feel they could get more value from a traditional nose like Logan at half the price and play Jones in his spot in sub packages.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I hope by cart, they mean shopping cart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Getting a DUI and a felony from stealing and wrecking a shopping cart would be a hell lot cooler.

• Locked thread