Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
this poo poo has been my jam and jelly for a while now

i've been able to catch it on sale for 4.99 before, and I've seen it as high as 8.99(lol) it p good for some quick jerky behind the convenience store

the garlic hot pepper one is my second choice cause i like the spices and peppers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
oh god drat it,

well talk about jerky or gettin jerkied i guess

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I'm a fan of Oberto jerky. There's a salty dry one that is sold at gas stations that is good poo poo too but can't remember the name of it.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk op

seems like backpage was taken down so i don't know how to comparison shop hookers online anymore.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

op is a jerk and can be had for a reasonable price since he's worthless.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I used to eat this local jerky that was crazy good. But the old man who used to make it stopped doing it and his butcher shop slid into decline, and now I can't get my tasty rear end jerky. I would kill a man where he stands for some excellent bejerked meat treats but there are none to be had, and I don't trust the Internet not to gently caress with me. Goons, what jerky should I get?

FisheyStix fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 6, 2017

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Make your own, I do it all the time. You can buy a cheap 2 pound roast for like $6 and even after drying you get 1.5 lbs of jerky from it. Its a pretty solid deal, especially when you see tiny rear end bags of that Jack Links poo poo at the store for the same price, if not more.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jazzyhattrick fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 6, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
SPICY FATTY JERKY

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i read a sci fi story once about all these people that get trapped at a drive-in movie and they survive mostly by rationing out the candy and popcorn from the concession and everyone starts to go crazy from malnutrition but one of the main characters has a secret stash of beef jerky that he gives out to the people only in his group of friends. and thats how they stay healthy.

so jerky saves the day i guess.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

JiveHonky posted:

i read a sci fi story once about all these people that get trapped at a drive-in movie and they survive mostly by rationing out the candy and popcorn from the concession and everyone starts to go crazy from malnutrition but one of the main characters has a secret stash of beef jerky that he gives out to the people only in his group of friends. and thats how they stay healthy.

so jerky saves the day i guess.

Sounds kinda fictious

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

luv 2 date boys posted:

Make your own, I do it all the time. You can buy a cheap 2 pound roast for like $6 and even after drying you get 1.5 lbs of jerky from it. Its a pretty solid deal, especially when you see tiny rear end bags of that Jack Links poo poo at the store for the same price, if not more.

What do you use for curing? And what about for dehydrating? It's a lot of spices to buy also.

I've made a bunch of teriyaki style using soy sauce, but I've wanted to go a different way. JGTOW

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Oddly enough I'm making some oven jerky right now. How timely this thread is! :allears:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Best jerk is at the jerk store, OP.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
One time me and some friends took a trip to Detroit in 2011.

It went even worse than you might think, on our way back we had no money, no gas, and no food. The only way we survived for a few days was that I was very good at stealing beef jerky at 7/11s.

That's my jerky story.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Hell Yeah posted:

op is a jerk and can be had for a reasonable price since he's worthless.

Everyone has a price, and mine is definitely reasonable, and I offer a sliding scale :wiggle:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

One time me and some friends took a trip to Detroit in 2011.

It went even worse than you might think, on our way back we had no money, no gas, and no food. The only way we survived for a few days was that I was very good at stealing beef jerky at 7/11s.

That's my jerky story.

What is the best way to steal beef jerky from 7-11s?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The jerk store ran out of the op. Despite this scarcity he still isn't worth a god drat thing

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

dang how much is the rent for a penthouse apt

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sheep-Goats posted:

What is the best way to steal beef jerky from 7-11s?

The same way you steal from any store, look like your browsing nonchalantly and shove that poo poo down your pants when the cashier isn't looking. I was a grimy kid.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
https://nuts.com/snacks/jerky/original.html
19.99 a lb for 5 pounds of jerky.

I linked to the black pepper, which is wonderful. The teriyaki is also good.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Hardawn posted:

Sounds kinda fictious

dont you think you could survive longer eating jerky than eating candy?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have worked in a movie theater and ain't no way the popcorn is running out before anything else imo; they have like giant sacks of unpopped kernels in storage.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

I have worked in a movie theater and ain't no way the popcorn is running out before anything else imo; they have like giant sacks of unpopped kernels in storage.

maybe but what is the nutritional value of popcorn? you wouldnt starve but you would probly get pretty sick after a while.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i'll jerk you off for a pizza

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

40 pounds of fatty jerky

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i'll jerk you off for a pizza

Are you going to deliver this time? I'm tired of your DiGiornos

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Hardawn posted:

Are you going to deliver this time? I'm tired of your DiGiornos

don't blame me if you can't get your crust to rise

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Krust is risen

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Sheep-Goats posted:

Krust is risen

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Hardawn posted:

What do you use for curing? And what about for dehydrating? It's a lot of spices to buy also.

I've made a bunch of teriyaki style using soy sauce, but I've wanted to go a different way. JGTOW

as a fan of a nice dry jerk i am also interested in this

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Teriyaki jerky always tastes weird.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I called the jerk store and they're all outta you, please fix these issues with your suppliers

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Make your own!

Get one of those cheap wal-mart dehydrators, a couple pounds of top round, some worchestershire sauce and soy sauce and whatever spices you want to add to it (I do black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and a bit of cumin. Some people like to add brown sugar or molasses but I prefer not to).

Do the worchestershire/soy mixture 50/50, add the spices, then add the beef sliced pretty thin into it. Store it in the fridge overnight in several large ziplock bags (or a huge tupperware container if you have one).

Next morning (or afternoon if you slept in), throw them slices into the dehydrator (after eating a couple before hand -- yes it's raw but there's no bad poo poo thanks to the sheer salinity of the brine and it is loving delicious), wait some number of hours, and voila! The best beef jerky you've ever had! And it makes your place smell amazing too.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Some goon made $15,000 selling beef jerky on SA Mart four or five years ago before it was discovered he was just buying something at Sams Club and repackaging it. There was one goon who was spending $150 A MONTH claiming it was the best jerky he'd ever eaten

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jerky is pretty loving amazing. My brother makes this bourbon jerky that's just plain awesome. Brazilian steak seasonings/marinade also makes some amazing jerky.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

There is a local company on the coast that produces very good jerky (Tillamook County Smoker, far better than poo poo like Krave or Oberto imo), and they have an outlet store next to their factory so I usually just stock up and buy a couple lbs when I'm out there (it's like $12-13 a lb). Making it yourself is very pro, but time consuming, sometimes butcher shops will make good jerky as well.

Otherwise the best widely available cured meat product is the Golden Island Korean BBQ pork jerky at Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice

Risen indeed

• Locked thread