Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I'm a loving idiot that can't see at night. I have 12 light bars and no turn signal. I like to back my truck into every parking spot really slowly and shittily because I'm batman and may have to leave suddenly to go do my job digging ditches for the state department of transportation.

I drove by some little bitch last night that was going down the road with 3 or 4 of these fuckers permanently turned on so I served him up a hot dish of street justice in the form of my reasonably bright high beams.

I have noticed recently that all of these bitches don't know when to turn off their brights on a single lane county road, and also that headlights have become more and more obnoxious over the last 5 years.

Post ITT to petition Donald Trump to put to death all light bar truck havers, and obnoxious headlight havers, and everyone that doesn't turn their brights off until they are 20 yards away (if at all).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
ya honestly agreed even a regular suv these days lights up my entire hatchback like an alien clean room while they tailgate my rear end at 140kph. I hate it, they are too loving bright, they don't need to be that bright, something needs to be done!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Walrus posted:

ya honestly agreed even a regular suv these days lights up my entire hatchback like an alien clean room while they tailgate my rear end at 140kph. I hate it, they are too loving bright, they don't need to be that bright, something needs to be done!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

The Walrus posted:

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
in independence day president bill pullman did this to the aliens and it started a war

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm the fog lights used on every clear night.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
LED lights are the devil.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I just ignore it and turn the other flipper on my rear-view mirror, but then again I am jesus

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Have you guys seen those loving LED lightbars though? If you can't have a train horn on your car I don't see how those are legal. The whole drat valley was lit up and the guy didn't turn them off as I was driving by.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
the worst thing about most truck and suv owners is that they'll go the entire time they own the vehicle without ever hauling anything or needing the space but they bought it to help portray a false identity

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dave_Indeed posted:

Have you guys seen those loving LED lightbars though? If you can't have a train horn on your car I don't see how those are legal. The whole drat valley was lit up and the guy didn't turn them off as I was driving by.

no but honestly if that truck in the OP was behind me i'd be pretty butthurt about it and prolly respond by going waaaaay under the speed limit

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I was behind a truck a few days ago that had one of those lightbars installed on the back bumper, so it would blind whoever was behind him. I got really mad about it, but couldn't follow him to find out where he lived without searing my eyes.

I wanted to murder him and hell, I hope I get the chance soon.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
no dave i havent seen trucks like that. most pickup trucks where I live are driven by construction ppl and the like and are almost invariably not lifted. its nice.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
No Git R Dun sticker? loving lame.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Truck bros are actually a public service and whenever you see a lifted truck, you're alerted to who in the immediate area is afflicted with the baby dick. So it's a Natural Selection sort of thing.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Maybe some of you guys are just driving obnoxiously slow but at the same time being too rude to pull over so a faster vehicle can pass?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Truck bros are actually a public service and whenever you see a lifted truck, you're alerted to who in the immediate area is afflicted with the baby dick. So it's a Natural Selection sort of thing.

The absolute smallest dudes are always in the biggest trucks. If they aren't tiny dudes then their dude is tiny.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

The Walrus posted:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

bongwizzard posted:

Maybe some of you guys are just driving obnoxiously slow but at the same time being too rude to pull over so a faster vehicle can pass?

Yes, because the speed one is driving has strong correlation with brightness of one's lights.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

extra stout posted:

the worst thing about most truck and suv owners is that they'll go the entire time they own the vehicle without ever hauling anything or needing the space but they bought it to help portray a false identity

permanent hard cover on the truck bed like somebody just designed a lovely L-shaped car for laffs

Dave_Indeed posted:

I like to back my truck into every parking spot really slowly and shittily because I'm batman and may have to leave suddenly to go do my job digging ditches for the state department of transportation.

seriously, why do they do this??? :psyduck: it seems to be universal with truckbros

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bongwizzard posted:

i mean when i'm going 80 in a 65 maybe stop tailgating me with your brights on

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

That's for sure.

I grew up on a farm and currently live in the middle of nowhere and every time I see one of these loving morons they are commuting to their job in the city or driving back to their house in town. They are never driving around the country outside of trying to find a cornfield to get their trucks permanently/illegally stuck in because they're unintelligent quasi-rural poor people everyone hates...

bongwizzard posted:

You don't pull over on a single lane county road, when you get broken lines on your side that indicates that you may now use the left lane (oncoming traffic lane) to go around them. That's not really the problem though, it's more oncoming traffic at night. You're thinking about someone on a highway in the left lane going slow I assume, which I agree sucks but again rtfmogtfo.

Mirthless posted:

seriously, why do they do this??? :psyduck: it seems to be universal with truckbros

By greatly increasing the time it takes them to arrive, and increasing the difficulty of parking and subsequently the chances their car will get scratched (by way of them scratching someone elses car), it allows them a slightly easier time leaving. If you are police, or a volunteer firefighter, or batman, sure... otherwise you're just a loving oval office holding everyone up in the lot and dicking over anyone that needs to park in the spot your back tire is sitting in.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I drive a 1990 Honda Civic with a carbon fibre spoiler and a stereo worth 3 times the price of the car.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

fyodor makes a good point

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

extra stout posted:

But I need my F350 for that one time a year I have to pick up a 10-foot 2x4.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Dave_Indeed posted:

You don't pull over on a single lane county road,

I do, all the time. I live in a spot with an insane overpopulation of deer and lol I am not going over 40-45mph at night anywhere near my house. Let the other dudes race ahead and get a fawn through the window.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Moridin920 posted:

no but honestly if that truck in the OP was behind me i'd be pretty butthurt about it and prolly respond by going waaaaay under the speed limit

Just slam on your brakes and when they hit you tell them you had to stop because you're blind Bing bong problem solved

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

lmbo 140kmh get out of here with that

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

bongwizzard posted:

I do, all the time. I live in a spot with an insane overpopulation of deer and lol I am not going over 40-45mph at night anywhere near my house. Let the other dudes race ahead and get a fawn through the window.

lol you literally stop and pull over instead of just going the speed limit. Learn to country you prissy city turd.

Bong Wizard pulling over:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dave_Indeed posted:

lol you literally stop and pull over instead of just going the speed limit. Learn to country you prissy city turd.

I believe OP is what you country types refer to as a "human being."

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Shaquin posted:

lmbo 140kmh get out of here with that

what is hard to believe? ppl regularly pass me going 150+ even though thats an automatic license suspension and impound

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dave_Indeed posted:

Where do you live where anybody does this or were you that 90 year old man driving through people's mailboxes I saw a few years ago?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

turn off the TV posted:

Where do you live where anybody does this or were you that 90 year old man driving through people's mailboxes I saw a few years ago?

I live in rural Ohio. Are you talking to me because you quoted me or are you talking to the nerd I am making fun of for pulling over because he is scared to drive too fast at night?

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

The Walrus posted:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Walrus posted:

no dave i havent seen trucks like that. most pickup trucks where I live are driven by construction ppl and the like and are almost invariably not lifted. its nice.

Carry heavy weapons so you don’t have to go off‐route to commit a little murder.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dave_Indeed posted:

I live in rural Ohio. Are you talking to me because you quoted me or are you talking to the nerd I am making fun of for pulling over because he is scared to drive too fast at night?

Oh yeah I got confused.

Still, I want to know where people apparently pull off of country roads which usually don't have shoulders.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

I'd say it's all the hep c and AIDS they spread between eachother and their fat tick wives through the usually highway gas station vectors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I put LED ground effects on my Ford Probe. The ole razzle dazzle.

• Locked thread