Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If you had never paid attention to football an offer to go live and play football in Hawaii would be way more exciting than one from Alabama or some cold rear end big ten city

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Good job not reading the first part

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Mark Richt is good at most coaching things because he's a really good coach

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FizFashizzle posted:

Who cares

It's not like they throw the ball in the Big 10.

Just line up a poo poo load of nose tackles.

that isn't what a 3 tech is

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
DJ Johnson picks Iowa over notre dame and goes from 4 stars to 3 on 24/7 the same day this is a gotdang conspiracy

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Notorious ZSB posted:

As he should having the starting job stolen by injury and a 5* #1 in the country coming in behind him. See you at a Big 10 or CUSA school soon Eason! Wouldn't it be hilarious if Richt convinced him to come down to Miami LOLOLOLOLOL

He should legit do that, Miami's QB is loving awful

Grittybeard posted:

I quite seriously do not understand the unblocked WR screen, and it happens quite a bit. I mean, I can get it if you have a single guy split wide on one side of the field who's getting a 12 yard cushion because he's fast. Maybe that gets you 5 yards, or maybe you even spring it for a chunk if the WR breaks a tackle and the defense is slow to rally to that part of the field. But that doesn't seem to be a requirement to call that play for a lot of teams.

Some coaches seem so happy to gain 2 yards in the best case scenario on a passing play, I don't understand.

e: Oh poo poo I thought this was the GDT, not the recruiting thread. On topic I predict that Missouri will not have a good class. Because I like to go out on a limb like that.

I think it's usually a "check with me" thing where the QB has the option to audible to it if the other team is playing way off and it looks like it could go for decent YAC but that probably varies from school to school

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 11, 2017

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa offered Bob Stoops’ son. I have no idea if he’s any good but a second generation of Stoops at Iowa would be kinda cool. Maybe if this one winds up being a hall of fame coach we can actually hire him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I’m convinced that almost everyone still paying for those is at least like 50 years old. Hudl and twitter have rendered it completely pointless.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Is that the LB who everyone thought was gonna sign with FSU? Iowa was recruiting him too. Everyone wrote it off the second he took the FSU visit, and then suddenly he signed with Indiana out of nowhere.

Iowa isn't recruiting at anything remotely close to the level of most of y'all's teams but they did just sign their highest rated class since 2011. Its really strong in the defensive backfield (produce a Thorpe finalist two out of three years and I guess kids notice) and they did a really good job around the Indianapolis area this year. Recruiting seems to be steadily ticking up after a few down years, I think adding a lot of really young guys to the staff is helping a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

huh weird yelling at Trey Wingo on TV doesn't actually make you an amazing recruiter

• Locked thread