Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

kayakyakr posted:

That's odd. I mean, I'm not aware of many OL that were graduating from the Big XII. It looks like there were only 5 that the NFL graded. I know of 1-2 more, but it just wasn't a big OL class for the league...

I mean your average high schooler is pretty dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Thermos H Christ posted:

Looking at 247, Herman seems to have packed this class with blue chips, but I find the lack of beef disturbing. We desperately need upgrades and depth on the offensive line, and a lot of the depth Strong recruited on the defensive line is transferring out. I hope we manage to hang on to what we've got and pick up at least a couple more big boys.

Y'all are going to have the best 7 on 7 team in the state

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Doronin posted:

Not sure where 4-star LB Ayodele Adeyoe is going to sign, but it won't be with Texas. Illinois and Missouri seem to be trending.

Also, I said a while back that Rutgers was recruiting IMG the most aggressively. And they had two coaches on campus just yesterday. But Illinois is suddenly making Rutgers' efforts look pedestrian, by comparison.

Interesting. OU seems to think they’re in on Ayodele.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Thermos H Christ posted:

Texas seems to be bringing in a pretty great haul everywhere except for the DL. Two 4* QBs, three 4* OL, a ridiculous group of DBs including the #1 and #3 safeties in the country, some 4* WRs, a desperately needed placekicker...

I think I saw we're tied with OSU for most ESPN 300 commits. I know being psyched for good recruits at Texas seems silly, but we really haven't had a class like this in a while. Strong's two good classes were both around #10, this one could easily end up top 5, and that's with a relatively small class.

Yalls DB class is ridiculous. I’m so glad we were able to flip Tatum and keep Perkins from y’all.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I genuinely believe that most of the P5 schools have hundred dollar handshakes and boosters paying bounties for good performances at a minimum. The bigger schools doing poo poo like setting up incredibly generous car leases. I do think though that the programs handing out high 5 or even 6 figures to kids to commit are limited to a few schools.

lamentable dustman posted:

South Carolina's home board is in the middle of a meltdown making some weird conspiracy theory about Clemson cheating by embezzling funds through the local mega church and being protected by the NCAA. They are looking into maybe organizing together to hire a PI to investigate. I remember making this church joke like 5 years ago.

Anyways, college football owns.

Salty rival fans launching private investigations owns. Hell it worked for Mississippi State.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
None of them have really been a surprise, but OU is closing strong with 3 highly rated defensive commitments in the last few days.

They got a few days ago at the Under Armour game composite 4* OLB Nik Bonitto from St Thomas Aquinas in FL, which I believe is the first recruit we've ever got out of there.

Earlier today at the Army All American Bowl composite 4* (Rivals 5*) CB Brendan "Bookie" Radley-Hiles.

And then just now tonight they flipped composite 4* LB Deshaun White from Texas A&M.

We're at 23 commits for the class (22 really as Jordan Austin is expected to go elsewhere), so only 2 possible spots remain. Remaining targets are 4* OG Tank Jenkins from AL, 4* LB Solomon Tuliaupupu from CA, 4* S Leon O'Neal from TX, and 3* DT Moro Ojomo from TX. I don't think theres anyone else we're really in on.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Joey Freshwater posted:

I mean, to a point sure. The difference between a 3 and 4 Star is probably negligible. But this kid is different. He wasn’t on anyone’s radar. He wasn’t attending camps and was largely focused on track instead of football. Last year he didn’t play much but this year he played and put up fantastic numbers and then recently started attending camps and people went “...oh!”

Interest is starting to increase for him, but Tennessee made an offer before His rating jumped so that meant a lot to him. He’s said he’s gonna take a look at Auburn and Miami who have invited him for OVs. FSU has invited him but he doesn’t seem interested.

Some 3s and 4s are close, but some are ridiculously far apart. Both ratings are really broad. I would say that for any individual prospect star rating doesn't necessarily mean all that much, but for a class star rating is incredibly telling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Doronin posted:

- Oklahoma only finished No. 9, but they secured a lot of guys I know can play and know how to win. That could be a really great class if they develop like I think they can.

I’m extremely excited for this class. Last year we had a great class, but it was largely built with offensive guys. But this class is the best defensive class I can ever remember us signing. Our DL class in particular is up there with any other team. Perkins, Tatum, Thompson, and Redmond are all real legit blue chip guys. And I think Bookie will make a huge impact. We haven’t had a true shutdown corner prospect like that in a long time. Also pretty excited about TJ Pledger. RB is stacked for a long time. And then Brey Walker is just a monster on the OL.

• Locked thread