Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

5* RB Lorenzo Lingard to the U.

Early but i'll take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

His cousin who's a 2020 kid also committed, and talks all miami but I'm not even going to name him because it doesn't even really matter until the year of the next presidential election.

3* DT Nesta Silvera commits. Kid has good tape and is the type of DT that coach kool loves.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Aside from a bunch of other 2018 recruits, Miami picks ups grad transfer CB Dee Delaney, a FCS all-american who had a mid-rounds NFL grade. Our defense might be really, really scary again this year.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Crotch Bat posted:

Richt has never struggled to recruit.

People have said he's had a hard time recruiting good OL and a bunch of good WR.

So far so good.

I'm expecting 10 wins this year, and making a playoff push in the next 2 years. We have a super easy schedule this year, but I don't think our QB play will be good enough to make a push this year, mainly because we face FSU in Tally week 3.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Really good 4* WR Mark Pope commits to Miami. With a name like Pope, he was always a take for richt.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

pillsburysoldier posted:

Akeem dent just decommitted from Miami. Top corner

2019 kid. Makes sense since it's looking like we're bringing on 7 kids this year.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

And one of the 7 also committed yesterday.

good rear end 4* Safety/CB Gurvan Hall commits to Miami.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Doronin posted:

To CB's point, recruiting writers with actual journalism experience or talent are few and far between. But simply on the fact that it's such a copy-cat business and writers, even across rival networks, share so much information that I can't believe more than one guy fell for it.

Although all the Florida based writers are dished so much bullshit from players and/or handlers so frequently that it's not surprising it was a South Florida guy to debunk it. Andrew Ivins is one of the good ones.

Ivins isn't actually that good. He aggregates a lot of info from places, but doesn't validate it as he should. Probably the best one i've seen is Peter Ariz, and he covers Miami only. He's actually gotten picked up in a couple news papers and radio shows as well.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Al blades Jr officially commits to Miami on Father's day. There's been a blades on most of the teams that either won a championship or laid the groundwork for one.

Dilber fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jun 19, 2017

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Kim Jong Il posted:

AFAIK every Miami fan thinks this will happen, and every Rutgers fan thinks it happens and Sitkowski (yeah he is a backup for IMG, I don't care) comes home.

I kinda hope we don't get Sitkowski. He's looked real bad at Rutgers. The uncle of Brian Hightower and a former cane player is on one of the sites, and apparently he's not well liked at IMG.

Also, I don't think Eason comes to Miami. Rosier is streaky as gently caress, but he's way better than he was before. When Richt first came to Miami, he outright told him "you will never play for me". Dude managed to change his mind. Nkosi Perry also has the potential to be really good once he matures a bit.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Also, pretty sure it's mutual. He's done real bad at IMG, and was bad before that.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Nigel bethel attempted to commit to Miami last night. Was told no more room now. Immediately commits to UF.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Randy Shannon loves MNW.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

He wasn't good in his opportunities when he was in the Wing-T either before.

We're going after the UK commit, Williams.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Joshua Jobe flips from Miami to Bama. I think he's going to be one of the few prospects that leave Miami that will legitimately get a hard time from the community when he comes to visit. He'd been committed for 3 years, and constantly compared himself to Sean Taylor.

Miami is now going to try to flip Asante Samuel Jr, and continue going after Tyson Campbell and patrick surtain Jr.

Dilber fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 16, 2017

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Ehud posted:

4 star DE/LB Andrew Chatfield picks UF over Miami.

Miami didn't send him a NLI. I'm guessing they knew he wasn't coming.

We did hold onto Nesta though.

Got none of the AH CBs. We're the only team that hires a HS coach and almost none of the kids come.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Miami fans calling for the heads of half the staff, cause a top 5 class wasn't good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

vikingstrike posted:

This is the best Miami class in a bit, right?

by far yeah. It's way more offensively focused than defensively, and there are some concerns with defensive roster management. We needed more DL than we got, and we really needed more CBs. We also missed on our top targets at CB/S in Jobe and Campbell.

Our CB coach has coached Campbell since optimist, and Campbell had considered him a second dad so he was considered a layup.

Welp

• Locked thread