Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Haha, that SCAR info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

South Carolina people seemed convinced Xavier Thomas is committing to Clemson this weekend at our Spring game. Clemson people are putting a wet blanket on it. The meltdown on their 247 board is great though.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

lamentable dustman posted:

South Carolina people seemed convinced Xavier Thomas is committing to Clemson this weekend at our Spring game. Clemson people are putting a wet blanket on it. The meltdown on their 247 board is great though.

:smug: Just need to get Zamir White to finish off the top 3

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

4* DB out of GA Kyler McMichael committed to Clemson.

A Rivals guy wrote this and it made me laugh

quote:

McMichael realized less than a week ago after a visit to Tennessee that there was no reason for him to delay his decision any longer.

He committed to Clemson Friday morning

Our class is filling up, 12 commits already when we are taking 14 or 15. Still need a RB and have been targeting Zamir White but sounds like he is going to UNC. He commits next week. Other big target is DE KJ Henry.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

this Trevor Lawrence kid is gonna be pretty good imo

https://twitter.com/ClemsonEditz_/s...617606272143360

https://twitter.com/_sam_butler/sta...626120713457668

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Sounds like Cade Mays is going to UGA too, thought we had him at Clemson. Ohio St mods are starting to CB Jackson Carman to Clemson though, has been expected to choose OSU forever.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Komet posted:

5* defensive player (DE/LB) Micah Parsons picked Penn State over Ohio State. I haven't followed closely, but there was some sort of gently caress up by Ohio State in recruiting him, something to do with pictures with Kirk Herbstreit one Gameday. He's the 247 #4 player in the country, and this makes Penn State's 3rd 5* in this class.

When Gameday was at Ohio St earlier this year Parsons was there that weekend on an official visit. He was invited on stage at Gameday and given a small tour and took pictures with all they guys including Herbstreit. Normally this would be fine if he was there on an unofficial visit but there is a rule about making a recruit available to the media when someone is there on an official visit. Ohio St self reported the infraction and voluntarily quit recruiting him as a self imposed penalty.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Carman picked Clemson :toot:

Thoguh posted:

I thought I read that they got him credentials from the ESPN producer to go behind the scenes on Gameday vs him just "randomly" ending up on set.

Could be, was just going from memory on the whole thing.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

KJ Henry choose Clemson :toot:

4 of the 247 composite top 10

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

South Carolina's home board is in the middle of a meltdown making some weird conspiracy theory about Clemson cheating by embezzling funds through the local mega church and being protected by the NCAA. They are looking into maybe organizing together to hire a PI to investigate. I remember making this church joke like 5 years ago.

Anyways, college football owns.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Ehud posted:

Having lived in upstate SC most of my life I 100% believe it

Which mega church? Newspring? I know they're all huge Clemson fans.

Yep. They have like 12 or 13 churches across the state now including 2 in Columbia and at least 1 in Florence and Charleston.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

https://twitter.com/Aj_Marshall17/status/957663345284472833

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Ross choose Clemson over instate Bama and Auburn.

Means #1 player in GA, AL, OH and SC

A lot of great 5* players but disappointed in the way we handled recuriting overall this year. We were originally planning a small class but had a lot of transfers this year and will only have like 80 players on scholarship next year. With all the seniors and jr leavers next year we will need to sign 30+ players. I'm guessing the early signing period threw everyone for a loop because all the low 4* and high 3* players we usually back fill late with were already signed.

e: I guess we technically got the best player out of Florida too but Thomas out of IMG should probably be considered SC

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 7, 2018

• Locked thread