Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doronin posted:

So here's that picture of him alongside two five-star players...

So for comparison's sake #2 is what size if you can say? Like close to 6' and 220 or so?

It's crazy that the giant dude doesn't even look fat, he's just large. A very large person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ah that's a lot saner than I was thinking at least. Still, Christ that guy is big.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Woulda thought he used up his eligibility before that 10 year NFL career.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

What the hell, why? I can almost understand after the kid commits somewhere else, but just an offer? Dumb.

He...tweeted about it so he isn't loyal? I guess?

I swear college coaches might be the most touchy people in the world.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

Kinda sorta doubt what happened here is what really went down and NCAA rules basically ensure everyone will only ever believe the kid since the coaches can't address it until after the fact.

I believe the kid even more now.

Shame about those NCAA rules that constrict coaches from defending themselves attacking kids though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LeeMajors posted:

Nuss seems to call them without rhyme, reason, or design. An unblocked screen run into 4 or 5 defenders for 1 yard serves literally no purpose other than wasting a play.

I quite seriously do not understand the unblocked WR screen, and it happens quite a bit. I mean, I can get it if you have a single guy split wide on one side of the field who's getting a 12 yard cushion because he's fast. Maybe that gets you 5 yards, or maybe you even spring it for a chunk if the WR breaks a tackle and the defense is slow to rally to that part of the field. But that doesn't seem to be a requirement to call that play for a lot of teams.

Some coaches seem so happy to gain 2 yards in the best case scenario on a passing play, I don't understand.

e: Oh poo poo I thought this was the GDT, not the recruiting thread. On topic I predict that Missouri will not have a good class. Because I like to go out on a limb like that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doronin posted:

Not sure where 4-star LB Ayodele Adeyoe is going to sign, but it won't be with Texas. Illinois and Missouri seem to be trending.

Huh. Kinda just happy to be in the running at this point with the huge whiff Mizzou has had on this class.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

nate fisher posted:

They just punking us right?

I would assume Dan Mullen didn't literally punch out someone.

Although I would absolutely love to be wrong about this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

So Barry Odom is pulling in like 2 of the 10 4 and 5* Missouri recruits this year. Great job.

I mean...poo poo this is good news compared to a few months ago. 2 is more than 0.

Obviously still a huge opportunity missed, but I suppose it could be even worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Regnevelc posted:

This is coming from an Ohio State fan? Holy lol.

Without reading the article I suppose he isn't wrong as far as the tweet goes.

It's just that absolutely everyone cheats is all.

• Locked thread