Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee picked up a commit from 4-star QB Adrian Martinez out of California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
4-star DT Greg Emerson committed to the Vols tonight. #1 player in Tennessee.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

He should be a 5* the kid is ridiculous

Our D-like for 2018 is gonna be ridiculous if they all stick around.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee gets a commit from 4-star safety Trey Dean out of Georgia.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

nate fisher posted:

Tennessee is having a pretty good year recruiting. I figured by now some of that Jones luster would be worn off. I keep saying this, but it looks like some coach is going to inherit a very talented team (hey Jones prove me wrong this year).

They are, so far. I feel a lot will jump ship if Tennessee goes 7-5 or something, so Butch still needs to produce some wins. This team has a bunch of talent, there's no reason they shouldn't win AT LEAST 9 games again.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee lands a commit from 4-star CB Jaycee Horn.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think Mays comes back in the end, but we'll have to make an impressive hire.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Welcome friend

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

The fact that Pruitt could feasibly pull in a Top 20 class is pretty amazing considering where this class was a few weeks ago.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee got a commit from 4-star WR Jordan Young today.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lot of smoke lately that Tennessee is going to flip current Alabama commit Quay Walker, who is a 4-star LB and the 3rd ranked OLB in 2018. Would be a huge get if that turns out to happen.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think we end up getting Walker and 4-star WR Jacob Copeland. Pruitt and staff are doing work.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ehud posted:

Mike Farrell of Rivals is saying some people in Gainesville are worried Copeland might pick the Vols.

That would suck!!!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee has picked up 3-star DE John Mincey and 3-star S Trevon Flowers this morning.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

5* LB Quay Walker to UGA. He's one guy I really wanted and thought we had a good shot at him.

UGA has a pretty good payroll
He hasn't announced yet though?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah sorry, I'm in meetings and a buddy texted me. Fucker.

hahaha. All signs point to UGA though, so he's probably not wrong.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol he throws the UT hat away. drat dude.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Jordan Young flips to FSU, thats a kick in the nuts

Yeah, this isn't shaping up how I thought this day would go. At least we kept JJ Peterson.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
That wet fart you hear in the distance is coming out of a butt painted with orange and white checkerboards.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Because of Walker? Griffin? These are guys that were not guaranteed to sign and were more or less long shots anyway. Pruitt has only been HC for less than 60 days and walked into a tire fire. Take off the noose and realize considering the situation he walked into, this is not a terrible class.

Be disappointed we didn't get certain guys that we had a small shot at, but this is not a bad class. We kept Peterson and pulled 4* CB Norwood from Memphis. Copeland and ITS still have to announce too.

Worry about the ones we got, not the ones we didnt.

Just disappointing how strong Pruitt started off in December and we've basically struck out on every recruit today. We aren't getting Copeland or ITS either.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Joey Freshwater posted:

Jesus stop this whiny bullshit, we wouldn't have even been in consideration for those recruits if it weren't for Pruitt. We new this class wasn't going to be a top 10 class. You just gonna ignore that Peterson stayed after Bama pressed him hard? Or the 4* CB flip from Memphis? Look at how amped this guy is to be coming to Tennessee:

https://twitter.com/StephenHargis/status/961261993981300738?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E2

I'm not whining, and I never said this was gonna be a top 10 class. I think it's normal to feel disappointment that we didn't get certain guys. I am not worried. If this happens next year I will start worrying.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol kid got owned by his own mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols snag 4-star JUCO DE Emmitt Gooden

• Locked thread