Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

yeah but has your coach thumb wrestled him yet

My coach looks like a thumb does that count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Why does that mean Jordan Young isn’t going to Knoxville?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol it means nothing. FSU is taking like 4 receivers. This new guy would have been 3 including Young for UT. If anything it says more about Jacob Copeland who was a Tennessee target and just had another OV with Florida this weekend after Pruitt had an in-Home with him a few days before.

Austin Price talked to Young after his visit and Young told him he’s still “110% Vol” and then Young shut his social media down without doing any more interviews.

Anything could happen but Tennessee offering another receiver doesn’t mean Young isn’t going to end up in Knoxville.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

It is good and fun as a fan of college football to have two NSD's.

I still don't know if it's good for the kids tho.

I can't figure it out either. I guess it's good for the lower ranked kids because they can lock a school in early and avoid the inevitable situation where some kids get booted from a class because a higher ranked prospect commits last second on signing day. It's good for schools because they can lock kids in early and not have to worry about other schools flipping them last second.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Do they scalp somebody in celebration at the end of the day?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
5* LB Quay Walker to UGA. He's one guy I really wanted and thought we had a good shot at him.

UGA has a pretty good payroll

e: I was lied to and he hasn't officially committed yet

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 7, 2018

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

He hasn't announced yet though?

Yeah sorry, I'm in meetings and a buddy texted me. Fucker.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh that little poo poo

e: puts on a UT hat, his family's jaws all drop, then flings it across the room, stands up to show he's wearing UGA stuff

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jordan Young flips to FSU, thats a kick in the nuts

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
JJ Peterson official to UT, thank god

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

That wet fart you hear in the distance is coming out of a butt painted with orange and white checkerboards.

Because of Walker? Griffin? These are guys that were not guaranteed to sign and were more or less long shots anyway. Pruitt has only been HC for less than 60 days and walked into a tire fire. Take off the noose and realize considering the situation he walked into, this is not a terrible class.

Be disappointed we didn't get certain guys that we had a small shot at, but this is not a bad class. The only real disappointment is Jordan Young because we discovered him and without UT he would have been going to Coastal Carolina. We kept Peterson and pulled 4* CB Norwood from Memphis. Copeland and ITS still have to announce too.

Worry about the ones we got, not the ones we didnt.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 7, 2018

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Just disappointing how strong Pruitt started off in December and we've basically struck out on every recruit today. We aren't getting Copeland or ITS either.

Jesus stop this whiny bullshit, we wouldn't have even been in consideration for those recruits if it weren't for Pruitt. We new this class wasn't going to be a top 10 class. You just gonna ignore that Peterson stayed after Bama pressed him hard? Or the 4* CB flip from Memphis? Look at how amped this guy is to be coming to Tennessee:

https://twitter.com/StephenHargis/status/961261993981300738?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E2

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
She deserves to be upset for wearing both Bama and UT stuff at the same time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Pruitt has a ravenous need to succeed and has built up a solid staff; UT is a smoking crater so it'll take a while. I don't think the program is permanently Nebraska'd. (Hiring Schiano would've made that more likely, though.)

I'm not worried about it yet. Like I said earlier, we're not even in consideration for any of these kids without Pruitt here. Our class was in the 60s when he showed up. If this happens next year then I'll start to worry.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Jeez, what a bitch. I never understand these parents being assholes to their kids on TV. It isn't their moment.

scuttlebutt is she wanted him out of florida because he has issues with gang activity. She eventually did come back and was crying, said something to him and they hugged.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I guess that's understandable but A) those problems tend to follow you anywhere if you aren't ready to change your life (see Hernandez, Aaron) and B) that isn't the time or the place to make a scene.

Seems pretty easy to judge the situation from your office watching it online or whatever, you're right, gently caress her she's an awful person.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

:allears:

She's certainly entitled to her opinion, but its kind of a dick move to make a scene during one of your kid's biggest and proudest moments.

Then again, I had a mother who was prone to making huge ridiculous scenes, so maybe I'm a bit more sensitive to how lovely it feels.

Do you not get that she's worried about the kid staying/getting wrapped up in gang stuff and wind up dead? This isn't a 'she really likes orange/crimson and is kind of afraid of alligators so she caused a scene'. She's literally worried about the well-being of her son. For all you know he told her he was going to UT/Bama and him choosing UF shocked her, which seems pretty likely given the situation.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wow it’s like keeping lovely Ole butch far past the expiration date made for a lovely signing day

I think it's less keeping Butch and more the clusterfuck with Currie that did it.

I've said it before that a lot of these kids wouldn't have even been looking our way if it weren't for Pruitt and you also have to realize that the majority of them only made one visit to knoxville with maybe an in home with a coach vs other programs where they got several visits of each.

Friday will be two months since Pruitt was hired. I think we can all step back from the ledge and just take this class for was it is, a huge improvement over where we were when he got here. Yeah we missed on some guys we would have liked to get but realistically they were long shots (see above).

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Oh, whenever I see parents mad I assume that the other schools boosters promised better high paying secretary jobs for them or w/e.

Judging by Tennessee’s losses today I doubt it’s that

Also no one that was there for the announcement was wearing Florida stuff. It was all UT/Bama and when he picked Florida both his mom and aunt seemed shocked.

• Locked thread