Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol love to see that random Mizzou hail mary offer in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Did they stop by Wake Forest because it was on the way?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

drat, was hoping he'd choose Mizzou. They're gonna whiff on a lot of their 4-5* in-staters this year, aren't they?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mizzou's 2018 class is going to be comprised solely of 3 and 4 star Texas and Alabama kids.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I quite seriously do not understand the unblocked WR screen, and it happens quite a bit. I mean, I can get it if you have a single guy split wide on one side of the field who's getting a 12 yard cushion because he's fast. Maybe that gets you 5 yards, or maybe you even spring it for a chunk if the WR breaks a tackle and the defense is slow to rally to that part of the field. But that doesn't seem to be a requirement to call that play for a lot of teams.

Some coaches seem so happy to gain 2 yards in the best case scenario on a passing play, I don't understand.

e: Oh poo poo I thought this was the GDT, not the recruiting thread. On topic I predict that Missouri will not have a good class. Because I like to go out on a limb like that.

It's pretty hilarious that the best in-state recruiting class in well over a decade gets to see this Mizzou team and coaching staff. Another 5 years in the wilderness unless they make a homerun hire.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I think Mizzou just got a commit from like a 23 year old.

quote:

A product of Maplewood, Mo., Thompson originally committed to Mizzou as a high school senior-to-be and signed in February 2013, in the same class as current Mizzou fifth-year seniors J’Mon Moore, Eric Beisel, Anthony Sherrils, Jason Reese, Joe Burkett, A.J. Logan, and Alec Abeln.

As this lovely PowerMizzou piece from May explains, the road took some twists and turns from there. He became a father in June 2013 and left the junior college to which he was signed and placed by Mizzou. His first attempt to return to school was a false start, but he finally landed at Highland Community College, where he recorded 11 solo tackles, 21 assists, and three sacks as a freshman in 2016 and earned a mid-three-star rating from the 247Sports Composite heading into 2017.

Thompson stands 6’3 and weighs in somewhere between about 290 and 305 pounds, evidently.

It appears he’s redshirting this fall, which means he should have three years to play three in FBS. And after ending his Louisville commitment earlier on Tuesday, he is now back where he started: on Mizzou’s board.

Thompson becomes the 13th commit for Mizzou’s 2018 class, the second listed as a defensive lineman, joining Blue Springs product Daniel Parker. He’s got a hell of a story, and it appears he’ll continue it in Columbia.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Christ if there's ever a recruit Barry loving Odom should get it's a linebacker from a Missouri school. Why'd he decommit from UT?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

So Barry Odom is pulling in like 2 of the 10 4 and 5* Missouri recruits this year. Great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

So did Barry Odom completely whiff on Missouri's best high school class ever? I think he maybe grabbed the #9 or 10 guy and that's it.

• Locked thread