Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

5* thread title, imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

drat growth hormones in food these days, Jesus Christ

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Richt has never struggled to recruit.

Yeah he has always had talent and been able to put a team together, there were a few head scratcher moments (on-line) but completely changing offensive philosophy in terms of blocking, gap coverage, and all that crap just showed the the line we had really excelled in Bobo and Richt's more finesse based game rather than Schotty and Cheney's power power power game.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Korranus posted:

Isn't Georgia a better offer anyway?

He would probably be a career clipboard holder at UGA if he came; Eason will be on board for 2, maybe 3, more years, and then Fromm fro either 1 to 2 years depending on Eason.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So in the past day, UGA has had 2 comitments for the 2018 class. Some people were worried because there was a lack of star-power in this class, but considering the monster class the 2017 one was, this was always going to be a small class anyway.

4-star offensive guard Warren Ericson, which is a position of need even though this last class had a ton of o-line talent
2/3-star (depending on service) cornerback Rachad Wildgoose, which is a top tier name.

Wildgoose will be interesting considering that if you give a drat about overall star ratings, he seems like a head scratcher. Some of the UGA messageboards are gnashing their teeth saying that he is like 114th at his position why isnt UGA getting top 10 at his position. It would be great if he was one of those diamond in the rough guys and played bigger than both his size (5'10") and rating.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yeah it's pretty sad tbqh. Then again, message board fans for all teams are a special level of crazy, especially on pay sites

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Kim Jong Il posted:

Wildgoose is pretty good, we briefly had him as a commit before his recruitment blew up. Going over ratings from months ago before the sites did their homework is dumb.

I also know that the more you camp, (generally) the better your ratings can get because you can get more exposure, so I don't know if he hasn't done a lot of those camps. I don't have access to the UGA pay sites anymore because the guy whose account i was borrowing to read their forums let his account lapse and i'm to cheap to pay to follow SUPER INSIDER NEWS that is mostly BS anyway.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I just don't see him coming to UGA. 2 pro style QBs, Eason has 2 more seasons with us, Fromm takes a redshirt this year and has 2 or 3 as starter, so I don't see any big QB recruit this cycle.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I could honestly see Zamir going to either UGA or UNC. I think UNC would see him getting playing time faster, but if he lived up to his billing, I could see him being 1b to Swift's 1a. We already do that with Chubb and Michell depending on number of carries, what the down and distance is, and if someone has recently blown out an important ligament lately. I don't know what is up with Holyfield (maybe injury?) and Herrien seems good but inconsistent (though our OL has a lot to do with that), so who knows.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Zamir White chose UGA

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Dude says he models his game after Gurley. :fap:

6'1" and 225, I think when Gurley was a junior he was playing same height and 235 so he is in the same mold.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

2018 4* RB James Cook decommits from FSU, scuttlebutt has has him also coming to UGA which would be ridiculous.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA got a big-time WR commit which means apparently we have the #1 and #2 WR for 2019 (for now!) which is cool. If we can build an O-line so our quarterback has a second or two to target those receivers, that'd be cool too.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Some UGA trash forum says we have given up on fields for us, so take that for what it's worth.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ehud posted:

We also have Corral in tonight. I don't know if he's a backup plan or if he's become our chief focus.

Other than hearing that the staff wanted one or the other, I haven't read anything from ~*~INSIDERS~*~ saying much about Corral. Honestly it would be awesome to get either but I just don't see it behind Eason and Fromm.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I don't expect us to sign a 2018 quarterback. Maybe not even a 2019, but that would worry me. Eason is probably out at the end of the 2018 season to go pro. Fromm probably red shirts this year since we convinced Ramsey to stay, which means he could play his 3 and be at 2020, or 2021 if he decided to play all 4.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LeeMajors posted:

So Matt Corral is a Gator. I'm down.

Unsurprising but drat I didn't want him to go to Florida

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

My hot take is I do t like when my teams rivals recruit well. That's all

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA got a receiver which is cool and good and apparently a few more folks coming along this week maybe for 2018

https://twitter.com/e_moore03/status/897616531504472064

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA just offered Field's favorite WR and good friend a spot as a preferred walk on. Currently the dude only has offers from Air Force, but if it gets us a shot at getting Fields, that'd be cool.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Doronin posted:

Just chiming in to say that after seeing James Cook (Dalvin's little brother) play in person, holy poo poo he can ball. Georgia is going to get a really outstanding replacement for Chubb and Michel when he finally announces.

Thats cool, we can add him in with Swift, Holyfield, Herrien, and Zeus.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fields makes his decision tomorrow

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

All the ~*~*~INSIDERS~*~*~ are moving their crystal balls to UGA and apparently he isn't going to go to some FSU event, so folks are saying the writing is on the wall and he is going to recommit to PSU pick UGA.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Fields picked UGA

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Here is my super hot take: Kirby is a good recruiter and I think fields knows that if Fromm keeps the job, Eason leaves to go to somewhere else so he can take a redshirt and have 2 or 3 as starter depending on how things go, if not win the job outright. Now I know there were a ton of players who said they want to play with fields so this could end up starting a huge domino effect on other croots coming to town.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Doronin posted:

Barring any drastic changes, UGA is going to be adding one gigantic OL to the 2018 class at some point.

I don't really follow what doesn't pop up in our SBNation or the Atlanta Journal Constitution, so go on 🤔🤔

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If Eason wants to transfer, I think Miami would be a perfectly fine place for him to go.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Cook picks UGA to run the d*ng ball at

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Apparently he might be visiting uga for the Kentucky game

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

If Cade sends I his LOI in December like he said he wants to, it might not matter who they hire or when they announce it

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Do you have to commit somewhere officially before sending your LOI? If not I guess he could still send his LOI in whenever he wants to without having to be committed somewhere.

From what I remember he also said Dec. 24th-ish but at the very least before the All American game which is 1/6. I really hope we're not into January and Butch is still here/we don't know who the new coach is.

I think it was more he was going to utilize the early signing period, so in that case, if he does and faxes that form in, he is tied to whatever school he sends it to, even if Tennessee gets the holy grail of coaches.

E: I see your questions now. Yeah verbals mean jack poo poo and the only commitment that matters is the LOI, which is binding.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA lost a 4* dude, word is he might not have qualified academically?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA RB commit Zamir White apparently tore his acl after he took a helmet to the knee.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

As is tradition.

Usually happens when they are actually at UGA instead of before showing up.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thermos H Christ posted:

He's going to become a guard now

needs about 6 inches and another 150lbs to play at guard :v:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

LLCoolJD posted:

It's a meme ("I took an arrow to the knee...") from the video game Skyrim.

I know, I was being obtuse that if he wanted to be a guard after the shot to the knee, he’d need to bulk up

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I kinda miss having a friends login to the UGA Rivals boards just to read the drama but he let us lapse and now I don’t get to read all the ridiculous “insider” info.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

You guys leave Fields alone.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Gonna sign with Alabama and use the hate as fuel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pretty sure that as it stands and if it were true, Kirby would have to release him and not block Tennessee as a location and he would also have to get a waiver from the SEC governing body. Usually those are only given to grad transfers who want to go to another SEC school and can claim with the most minimum lip service that their intended program isn't offered at their current school. That's what we did with Mo Smith after Saban relented and released him.

• Locked thread