Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KKKLIP ART posted:

He would probably be a career clipboard holder at UGA if he came; Eason will be on board for 2, maybe 3, more years, and then Fromm fro either 1 to 2 years depending on Eason.

The Matt Cassel Trajectory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

So Matt Corral is a Gator. I'm down.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Oh my god. I just realized Mac's recruiting roll coincides with the start of Shark Week.

:quagmire:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Mac fuckin that shark rear end up and down the recruiting trail

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/AllKindsWeather/status/912414754211278848

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Eason should have picked UF :mad:

Why would he want to come throw unblocked screens on 3rd and long?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

I was just telling a friend of mine that screen passes make me feel physically ill.

Nuss seems to call them without rhyme, reason, or design. An unblocked screen run into 4 or 5 defenders for 1 yard serves literally no purpose other than wasting a play.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/richardg813/status/921482640816930816

this is why Mac is gonna get another year

The class next year is insane

Chip Kelly gonna have a solid foundation.

[quote="“Nissin Cup Nudist”" post="“477115942”"]
I remember when PSU had him first
[/quote]

Penn State took a lot of firsts.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It's a real Sophie's Choice—sacrifice 18 class for change or stick w Mac and Nuss and preserve it?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Godzilla07 posted:

Mac and Nuss failed to develop offensive talent, and couldn’t deploy said talent properly. Being able to acquire talent without the ability to develop and deploy it properly turns you into Butch Jones’s Tennessee.

Yeah, this is where I am. I hate to see a good class crumble, but I'd prefer to see a 'lesser' rated class handled competently by the coaching staff.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Feels like it is more likely UF loses Corral in pursuit of Fields than it is that they flip Fields.

Yep.

Corral has been very committed to UF. I'd hate to lose him over Fields. Seems like a lost cause.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

On the other handm, if Mullen manages to snipe Fields I will pray at the altar of our new Coach Messiah.

Its a gamble.

I will say that Corral has no shortage of confidence though. I'm not sure this'll shake him. Dude seems to be way into the gators, and super competitive.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Doronin posted:

I think he probably chose the Gophers because it came with the least pressure. Since the spring, he took on this '8th wonder of the world' kind of thing with people coming up to him, tugging at him and asking for photos, and he hated it. Especially after The Opening. Now he has a place he can develop and not have as much attention on him and play with his best friends.

That's awesome. Good for him. :3:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:getin:

I guess we toss Franks into the twenty-teens UF quarterback scrap heap, along with the desiccated remains of John Brantley, Skyler Morninwheg, Luke Del Rio, Treon Harris, and Austin Appleby.

(not pictured, Driskel, Murphy and Brissett smiling and loving life at La Tech, Boston College and NC State, respectively)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

If Jim McElwain had stayed on at Florida, I have to think that this year's recruiting class would have been a complete and total bust.

He was recruiting well but I think there was a feeling the class would collapse considering how loving awful the team looked.

Besides, a top 15 class under Mullen is way more desirable than a top 5 w Mac.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

:vince: I had no idea he was doing that well. At any rate, all the talent on the planet would not have saved that coaching staff.

Yeah the class was really rolling. But you’re right:

A) UF conditioning under Mac is the worse id ever seen and
B) I have a feeling Mac would’ve retained Nuss no matter what. He’s that arrogant.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I don’t think I like this thing where UGA is prob going to be good for a long time fuuuuuuhhh

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Pretty neat

I should've never gone to Dan Mullen's wiki because now I know he named his daughter "Breelyn" :negative: fuuuuuuuuuuck

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

pillsburysoldier posted:

lest we forget

I remember reading this with the sinking feeling that Mac’s tenure was doomed. Woof.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

lamentable dustman posted:

Yep. They have like 12 or 13 churches across the state now including 2 in Columbia and at least 1 in Florence and Charleston.

Hm. I didn't know Newspring was an offshoot of a Greenville cult. I thought Seacoast cornered the market around here.

Prob too many flip flops and linen shirts for the upstate brand of evangelical.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Khakis had their darkest hour with Charlie Weis. It will never be that bad again.

They had a separate Gunt Compartment, with an industrial-strength elastic sling. No other way those stay on his body.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Doronin posted:

Either way, UF will very likely finally end their drought of recruiting at IMG. But it also helps that a motivated recruiter is in charge there.

You mean Mac cheesin' with no socks while Nuss blew off blue chip QBs during their visits wasn't an effective recruiting strategy?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I'm confused--I thought this ended up being a really good class for UF?

Jeez, what a bitch. I never understand these parents being assholes to their kids on TV. It isn't their moment.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

I don't understand either. It is currently a top-15 class. FSU is the only program in transition with a higher-ranked class, and let's be honest that program was in better shape to begin with.

I'd take a top 15 class with Mullen coaching them over a top 5 with Mac.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

scuttlebutt is she wanted him out of florida because he has issues with gang activity. She eventually did come back and was crying, said something to him and they hugged.

I guess that's understandable but A) those problems tend to follow you anywhere if you aren't ready to change your life (see Hernandez, Aaron) and B) that isn't the time or the place to make a scene.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Seems pretty easy to judge the situation from your office watching it online or whatever, you're right, gently caress her she's an awful person.

:allears:

She's certainly entitled to her opinion, but its kind of a dick move to make a scene during one of your kid's biggest and proudest moments.

Then again, I had a mother who was prone to making huge ridiculous scenes, so maybe I'm a bit more sensitive to how lovely it feels.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Oh and they're comparing our class to UGA which is just lol at the moment.

I don't think UF fans realize this is our new normal until one of these coaches has some success on a more national scale.

Or at least fields an offense in the top 100 in the country lol

That's dumb. UGA's class is better on paper than UF's 2006 class with Tebow/Harvin/Hernandez/Pounceys.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Do you not get that she's worried about the kid staying/getting wrapped up in gang stuff and wind up dead? This isn't a 'she really likes orange/crimson and is kind of afraid of alligators so she caused a scene'. She's literally worried about the well-being of her son. For all you know he told her he was going to UT/Bama and him choosing UF shocked her, which seems pretty likely given the situation.

Tuscaloosa is closer to Escambia than Gainesville is.

I get the argument you're making, and it's valid to be worried. Showing your rear end during one of your kid's biggest moments is really poor form.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

I can't get over '10 Florida being #1. That class was 1-3 in the WLOCP, lost to Georgia Southern, and played exactly one good month of football (October 2012) in four seasons. Y'all should fire Muschamp again somehow.

Lots of busts.

Chiefly, Ronald Powell.

:negative:

• Locked thread