Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Terrifying Effigies posted:

The German flank is going to get chewed up, no question, but if it gives them time for the other five/six brigades to dig in around Croissant it's going to be a very tough nut to crack. Taking and holding Croissant meets (some) German objectives and prevents the French from reaching theirs, which is what really matters in the end.

I think it's going to come down to player morale. I'm betting that the Germans panic when they start losing on the Eastern flank, and mess up their coordinated assault on Croissant trying to perform a 90-degree turn with their entire army. But if the Germans can just hold on their plans and spiky hats, I believe they would have the advantage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

my dad posted:

It's possible that we lost 4 artillery chits, including both 155s before the battle even started because of a screenshot-related misunderstanding. One (1) of Loel's creenshots didn't include them, every screenshot he made after did, though, and apparently they haven't been deployed to the field because of it.

I don't see any French 155s on the map. It looks like the French were so ELAN they forgot all their heavy artillery :madmax:

Despite that grievous error, I think this fight is still winnable for both sides. It's all going to come down to who fucks up most with the first set of new orders.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

V. Illych L. posted:

i honestly feel like the french were a little harshly punished for that heavy artillery cock-up

it doesn't seem as though they're actually going to get much use out of those guns at all at this point

It increase the number of casualties they can take before making moral checks. But otherwise I agree. Those 75s and 155s are basically a +1 morale at this point.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I don't know what's going on in The Sandman's mind, but I'm glad he was a part of the game. This is the best impression of a brigade commander suffering a mental breakdown I've ever seen. He swung from total depression to hyper-aggressive mania in a single update.

• Locked thread