Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Germans. We'll be in Paris by Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Well, that was fun.

For the record, the reason for my swing from extreme pessimism to a degree of optimism was finding out that we no longer had to worry about the loss limit. With that still in place, we'd have been attritioned to defeat by any major French attack, or so I assumed.

Also, wow. Those failed morale rolls on our part at the beginning really were devastating; I didn't appreciate quite how badly we hurt the French during that exchange.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Parisians Celebrating Flags (On the Same Day as the Battle of St. Croissant)

I suppose they're saving the German ones for 1915.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
I think the "don't stop marching" thing was to avoid something like what I did with my cavalry at Croissants in the opening turns: a single company forcing the entire advance to stop dead in its tracks.

We just didn't word our orders as "run past small forces but pay attention to large ones".

Also, we probably should have sent a brigade to Baguende, with the idea of turning it into a fortified zone. At the start of the game, we didn't really need to have a single line, we just needed to have our guys close enough to support each other; we could have had one brigade of the 19th head to Baguende and another to roughly the eastern Bois de Baguette without needing them to touch at their final positions.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!

Hunt11 posted:

I have been meaning to ask this. What was the German teams obsession about moving around in box formations?
In my case, trying to keep firepower concentrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
I can reveal one thing: the name of Tigre Bois was originally a joke on the German Roll20 map that didn't transfer to the final one. See, the original name of the town of Clemenceau was Clemenceau Country Club. Thus, Tigre Bois was both a reference to Clemenceau's nickname and a reference to the name of a certain golfer.

Also, Toilettes-champs was originally named W.C. Fields.

• Locked thread