Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Volunteering for the German side. Not that it matters too much, we'll all be home by Christmas anyways.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Well that was certainly interesting

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh I hope we are, because I've already read most of the French thread. Sorry if I wasn't supposed to.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Trin Tragula posted:

On the subject of Cryo ... dude needs to take a corps command next time he plays.

Well, if you insist

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Welcome. It would be much appreciated if you could take a nice full brigade and march it at some entrenched machine guns for me.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

This is gonna be one hell of a battle, if the new rules are anything to go by.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Wait are the Entente not getting their own Metal Gear?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Hey you told us that the R'lyeh mechanics were German exclusive, why's the Entente talking about shoggoths :colbert:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Well, I might as well break the news to you guys - I'm resigning. I read past the sirens in the Entente thread back on March 6th and it's more than enough to taint anything I did, am doing, and will do for a very long time.

I do want to say that it wasn't intentional, but that doesn't change anything. Also, give credit to mossyfisk for figuring out the armored cars, that's legitimately his deduction.

Still, I hosed up. No way around that. I made it worse by keeping quiet about it. Please feel free to ridicule me and/or anything/everything I've done.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 10, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oystertoadfish is a Map God, though. Now if only Sandman would pay attention and actually finish his orders...

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Whenever Trin gets around to starting the adjudication today.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The next few turns are going to be VERY interesting.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

If the Germans receive a charge in the town they're probably gonna get absolutely mulched, unless I'm forgetting a rule. If they counter-charge the British cav, it's Xthetenth who's likely to be cut to shreds. The next two initiative rolls are going to make or break a lot of things, I feel.

Also, the whole not realizing there's a second brigade in the town is going to lead to some top quality "oh gently caress" moments.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

:magical:

Well, I guess if anything can be expected of WWI it's horrific bloodbaths

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 16, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Operation: Sneaky Bridge is hopefully gonna cause some top quality moments when the Brits wake up to a brigade or two on the wrong side of their river.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

If I were in charge I would totally abuse the system to flick out a rude message in morse or something.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Ikasuhito posted:

The Brits were just being good sports and setting up a defensive line for us, you'll see.

This is unironically what's actually happened, isn't it?

E: Beaten

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh my. Things are about to get properly interesting, aren't they? That was really lucky for the Brits that they had someone just barely within range to see the little tussle. Also, Blob is looking MIGHTY prime for some hilarious instances of fuckery.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I now somewhat understand how Trin must have felt back in the beginning of the first round.

Cackling maniacally is FUN.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I think the fundamental flaw in the Entente reasoning is that they're still fixated on stopping the Germans from getting across the stream when that ship sailed with Operation: Sneaky Bridge.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

"We're not panicking. We're not panicking! LOOK AT HOW LITTLE WE ARE PANICKING I'M SO CALM LOEL'S SO CALM EVERYONE IS CALM!!!!!"

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Are those Brit infantry brigades about to wheel around and head north, or are the Germans about to cross basically unopposed?

E: Also, the Entente got pretty lucky with their infantry positioning, some relatively minor differences and all their guns would have been Dejeunered.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh my god what the hell even is this game anymore :psyduck:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Primo salt from Stein in the German thread, 10/10.

You'd think that after the last round AND MULTIPLE PEOPLE INCLUDING TRIN EXPLICITLY POINTING IT OUT AS A MAJOR FLAW IN THE POSTMORTEM, they'd stop splitting their forces and halfassing two things instead of wholeassing one.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

:allbuttons:

What the hell did I wake up to.

E: Ah, the Spirit of Sandman yet lives

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 26, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah, just Oystertoadfish alone is a one-man staff department, he's incredible. It's interesting to watch, really. The Germans could be absolutely hammering the Entente if the ghost of Sandman, memories of Dejeuner, and a few other problems weren't haunting them so much.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 26, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Well, Tatonkatonk's new orders seem like he gets it, at least. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Are you trying to imply that the glorious and infallible German/Entente general staff can't manage a breakthrough and be in Paris/Berlin by Christmas? :colbert:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

If they dogleg it south to follow the CC I think it makes a pretty good line, actually. The Germans aren't here to take as many square meters as they can, as long as they can get as far west as possible they're in a good position. Now, the fact that this plan commits them to a northern thrust that may find itself drowned if they do TOO well is a potential long term problem, but only we and probably a sneaky Entente player or two can figure that out.

E: Oh the Germans have a trench now, using that would shorten the line considerably

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 27, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

So the Germans have blown a hole clear through the northern third of the map and have 4 fresh brigades to concentrate against a trickle of British ones arriving in the night. Anyone sane would concentrate their forces and start breaking everything that doesn't wear grey with overwhelming force.

But this is the Germans we're talking about. So of course I won't be taking you up on your wager, here's to another 20 turns of feeding units to British guns piecemeal.

E: Who knows, though, maybe the leadership shakeup will bring new life. Hopefully they'll at least properly leverage their artillery deathstar.

E2: Oh hey speak of the devil. Tatonkatonk is displaying sufficient élan, carry on.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 29, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Did the Belgians ever show up now that the Germans are in the FdE?

E: Oh wait that was their trigger only on the first day nvm

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Aw drat it Tatonkatonk you've gone too far in the other direction. All I want is glorious ill-advised offensives, is that too much to ask?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Except for the whole Ireland thing

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Smart of the Brits to start pasting the northern fords with indirect fire, that could seriously chew up the Germans

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

How many more reinforcements are in the pipeline? It looks to me like if the Germans can survive the night with their guns intact and get the phones fixed, they can punch holes with the artillery deathstar - holes the Brits might not be able to fill if the tap gets turned off.

Unless I'm WAY overestimating how good arty is, especially against entrenched targets. Which is very possible.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The Germans can break through, and if everything goes perfectly, even roll up the line and march way west. BUT they have to fix their phones, and survive the artillery that the Brits are blanketing the forest with first.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Oh man those new British artillery orders are gonna HURT if they land even just a portion of the shots

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

The German thread hasn't passed a morale check since like the first round, malaise is par for the course at this point.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Wow, turns out artillery can really hurt if you get caught sitting still in the open. Though I was actually expecting the Germans to come off even worse, failing the morale check and saving the remainders will probably be real useful in the future. (As long as a unit's brigade command is intact it can get a trickle of reinforcement companies, right?)

Anyways, this is gonna be the day that makes or breaks the battle on both sides. The Germans and the Entente both have potentially game-winning moves, and the next few updates are going to get very hairy indeed. Though the Belgians appearing if the Germans make it to the farms could throw a spanner in the works of any marches on Effyaders. The emergency Belgians, marines, and flooding are all still in play for the Entente, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

If the Germans can mass their forces and punch hard in the north I think they can really do some damage. At the very least eat all the heavy British guns and roll up some trench lines.

• Locked thread