Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yooooo what did we do to deserve Legion? that premiere was loving insane and gorgeous and so loving weird. I LOOOOVE the moustache robot ladies, they're perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah The Monk appears to put you in your own personal (but contagious) Matrix. If you were in that room with the saline drip, and had a way to maintain nourishment, you'd probably fight with everything you had to stay inside it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

twistedmentat posted:

The more I think about it, the more I think Sublime fits perfectly with Legions world. A sentient virus from the dawn of time is weird as hell, but not as weird as the show is.

In general, Legion has the feeling of Morrison's X-men.

I'd assume something alive from the dawn of time would have a pretty vast intelligence and a giant collection of facts. Heck, that guy would make a good narrator.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think we are all unknown flying man, in our hearts

except me im definitely the slime frog

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oasx posted:

I have to wonder what the point of that was, I know that Farouk has a very high opinion of himself but he more than anyone knows what David is capable of. Why make him your enemy if you don't have to?

See... this is why you'll never rise above Shadow Prince.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zeal posted:

i wish i could watch this show again, but i got a dang ol :filez: C&D over torrenting the last season

it was great though

you dont torrent poo poo anymore you find a reliable wordpress style site (there are dozens of them DOZENS!!!) that lists the episodes of new shows that came out that day as individual blog posts, and each "blog post" is a bunch of people replying with sendshare, and myfilesite, and filezhound/etc links. So from there you can pick a link that will either stream the video to you, or let you save the .mp4 file.

The downside is that you gotta be pretty on-the-ball about saving the files within a week or so of the episode airing because links get DMCA'd pretty fast after a short window. For example I screwed the pooch on Ash vs. Evil Dead s3 so I'll probably just have to torrent the whole thing at once or else sift through a dozen THIS FILE IS UNAVAILABLE before I find a s03e01 that is still working at this point.

But it works p well if you're like me and watch things the same night they air.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
A several year break in between Fargo seasons is exactly what you want. Let the guy craft a proper story. Don't just poo poo one out every year because you have to.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Clockwork Orange homage was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWLByMshYIU

were there recreations of scenes from other films? I was only familiar with that one

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wafflecop posted:

The transitions around elderly David's scenes, particularly transition into the baby near the end, were 2001: A Space Odyssey. So just Kubrick homages? I didn't pick up anything from say FMJ or The Shining (maybe the scene in the car before David goes to Clockworks?).
The scene where the camera followed the bullet right to David's back was sort of weird and stood out to me as well

Blamestorm posted:

I don’t even need it to go anywhere. I like it being an exploration of what it would mean to be able to control reality, and when that answer is “not just superhero battles” I’m even more interested.
Agreed

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Serf posted:

There's pretty much no way to do a proper superhero battle on a TV budget, but Legion did it with that animated psychic battle. And the fun thing is that it could pretty much only work in this show.
Also it was a musical number. That fight scene was really well done.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Feenix posted:

No bad guy. No good guy. Can we move on?

There's only a guy who's been doing hosed up poo poo for hundreds of years, and a mentally unstable guy who is capable of doing insanely hosed up poo poo who has recently embraced the fact that he has done some hosed up poo poo.

Both are very dangerous. Both are very likable in their own way.

The end.
i cant read this tiny post from up on my soap box

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
All of this is sorta stymied by the fact that we SEE what happens to Other Davids in alternate realities and he doesn't necessarily become an evil world destroyer. Sometimes he's an invalid, sometimes he's a (dont get him angry) homeless dude, sometimes he's just a creepy captain of industry type (with a still-living but controlled sister).

But this David got pushed to become what he is by the people who were supposed to be on his side. Division 3 ended the world, they just used David as the device. He could have become whatever but now he's got no allegiances to anybody except Lenny.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

DaveKap posted:

gently caress me for forgetting this poo poo literally 1 week later. I admit, I am a terrible TV watcher! (And I need to binge this poo poo instead.)

Ehh, I wasn't even really clear what the tuning fork was doing on first watch. It shows Lenny shooting it, bullet hits, then David breaks out of the ropes that were wrapping him up. I thought the bullet hitting the thing instantly weakened Farouk allowing David to escape the binds but then the wave hit them and they both got knocked down.

So David just broke free on his own and the tuning fork didnt really have anything to do with that part but it confused me a bit

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They literally showed us and told us what the choke did in the penultimate episode when the moustache bots carried it into position.

The show: "This tuning fork thing is called the choke and it nullifies powers"

Next week, goons: "Why were they so unclear in what the tuning fork thing does?"
we were discussing an editing decision during the scene not the function of the device. maybe direct some of your unique refined tv watching skills to the thread??

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gonna need more cylinders to fire on

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
David going full ham after getting his arm sliced was everything I wanted to see from a "power fight" on this show. If it's all dance numbers from here on out, good.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Goofballs posted:

Was Syd holding a tooth at the end? and did that belong to Switch?

Offhand it seems like there is something where David can't protect himself from Syd. She wastes him 2 times and you can see other randoms shoot at him and not really get anything done even when he doesn't see it coming. Maybe its degrees of people he cares about who can do him harm because kerry got to chop his arm off. Or maybe its the end of scarface twice.

Medullah posted:

When she was time traveling earlier she wiggled a tooth. Guessing that means each time she jumps she causes damage to herself

Ya it was when she went thru the door to Farouk. I'm. Guessing bigger jump, you lose more of yourself

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wafflecopper posted:

idk much about marvel or comics but i thought that was deadpool?

no deadpool is immortal and pined for by big titty goth Death

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
we didnt even see him go bald from being too drat psychic

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That VFX article is cool, I had no idea the vermillions have so much prosthetic work on them

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I think a lot of it was CGI replacement, it looks like they have wide open jaws in a few of the scenes I was freeze-framing through

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hakkesshu posted:

dude literally has a loving harem of female love slaves but no, it's not about gender

i swear a few of them were men, but yeah it was like 95% female

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

scary ghost dog posted:

its weird to say but rick and morty really is the only show with a protagonist that approaches david in his omnipotence

man, i just did a re-watch of rick and morty season 1-3 and it really is a fuckin shame about the fanbase. It's such a good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

here's a secret: I actually like johnny the homicidal maniac and invader zim. I think jhonen vasquez is talented and funny.

i can never admit that in public because i'll get some absolute waste screaming "TACOS" within five seconds.

not da tuNNAAAAA??????? >.<