Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Barry Convex posted:

Uh, did everyone bail on this show after the pilot or something?

Has it been a week already? Is it on tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Chokes McGee posted:

It looks like all his poo poo is optics related,. He can probably project optical illusions, see into the astral plane, notice where bullets are going and not be there, etc.

How he made memory guy pass out just by putting a hand on his head, I dunno. Maybe he made him see something traumatic. Or maybe he's just "is powerful don't question it" levels.

He's probably telepathic as it relates to visual junk, and made the dude pass out by overloading his senses or wahtever :shrug:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Elite posted:

That was a great episode.

Self-to-self exposition was great. "You're british?" "Like I said, I'm your rational mind" :britain:
Silent movie part was great.
Reverse "They Live" was great. Though "these glasses will show what's real" seems kinda silly when everything is a mental projection.

I mean, I thought it made perfect sense - especially visually. You're using someone's mental artifacts to help pierce the veil of someone else's projected world. They could have gone with a glowy eye effect after being knobbed on the head or something, but the glasses also show a fragility of the guy's power versus the Shadow King's - like how they were knocked off during the fight.

I guess ultimately it was just a fun effect.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Oasx posted:

I don't really see the Mojo comparison, they don't look much alike.

Yellow eyes -> yellow body.
Fat.

You know how it goes. Lotsa people struggling to fit in any character they can because "fans".

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Well, this entire season was the dude fighting Shadow King.

What would people have wanted, a Potter vs Voldemort wand battle?

I think it was fine. I have no idea about the drone at the end, however.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

Isn't hearing other people's voices/thoughts part of his superpower?

Yes, but are they REAL people, or people in his head he's created?

I thought it was pretty neat at the end when David was talking to the Shadow King about how maybe he wouldn't be himself anymore if SK were removed from him, since he'd been there since David'd been a baby. Wish they'd've done more with that proecss than them sprinting at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Farouk is the current intelligence that Shadow King has sublimated, right? People just call SK Farouk because that was the last body he was known to use - real Farouk was used and got his mind eaten. is that right? or IS Farouk and Shadow King one and the same?

Chokes McGee posted:

It was very much a security thing: otherwise he's within a hand's distance of a captor and being handed glass to attack with.

You can tell by his eyes that he was going to pull something, too. He's military-ish, he knows tactics. Fortunately for the Not X-Men, Kerry is real good at fighting and tactics, too.

I mean, she's plot-great, she's not that great at fighting.