Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Why is he still using Lenny's image? Does he just like the look?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Pellisworth posted:

Lenny is by far the creepiest and best-done of the SK manifestations, the actress did a great job and her and Oliver are going to make a fantastic villain duo. Oliver asks "where should we look first" and Lenny says "south where it's warm." My bet is that SK wants to assemble his own team of mutants to go against Team Legion and SK is going to be a long-term villain which is great.

I've seen speculation that he's looking for Farouk's body because it's immortal or something.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

This show was really loving good. One question I had after watching is who torched the pool room in the first episode? It looked like a mutant power but I don't seem to remember anyone actually having a fire based power.

Some unnamed pyro on the team.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Except Syd told him through the manipulated memory to get underwater because of the incoming explosion, so it had to be someone in the group that broke him out.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

She had a stroke when she was 20 which, IIRC, she partially thanks for her unusual demeanor.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

And I was confused wasn’t Lenny actually a dude and Farouk just reality warped her into a woman to appear more vulnerable?

Both Benny and Lenny are two real separate people. Benny was the fat guy David was friends with when he was a junkie. Lenny was his friend played by Aubrey Plaza in Clockworks. The real Lenny died when Syd-in-David's-body put her in a wall in the first episode. Then Shadow King assumed her image to appear to David and manipulate him, since he and Lenny were friends. Shadow King also altered David's memories and replaced Benny with Lenny so that David's perceived bond with her would be strengthened and therefore the manipulation too.

Any memory you see of David and Lenny together before Clockworks (the stolen stove, the frog vape) is edited by SK to replace Benny with Lenny.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Tortolia posted:

If I recall the general idea:

Benny was real and David's friend before the asylum when they were getting high and such.

Lenny was real and David's friend in the asylum. She actually died during Syd's freakout.

The Shadow King took advantage of David's confusion and mental state and melded the two people into one in his memories so he would be reliant on the advice and guidance of a "long time friend". Shadow Lenny acted as a bridge between the parts of his adult life to basically consolidate his influence and control over David.

This is correct.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

I've been watching Atlanta on the website for free, anybody know if they do the same for Legion? If so, is it available same day?

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Thanks dudes.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

They've released an album of the season 2 covers. It owns

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

S2E6 owns and nobody can convince me otherwise, if only for the "Change the World" cover.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Vernacular posted:

My memory about S1E1 is super hazy, but...wasn't Syd intentionally planted in the asylum to recruit David to the mutant crew? I always assumed that was the reason why she went along with the girlfriend thing so willingly.

I remember getting that impression too, but I think it was just because she was with the group that broke David out at the end and she seemed like an established member of the group, when she had actually only recently been brought into the fold.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Here we go :dance:

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

God this owns

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Fartbox posted:

Farouk saved this show imo. The actor nailed every single scene

I never got the transition from fat blob monster to suave and chill man though

Fat blob monster was a form he took just to frighten David. Suave and chill man is his "true" form.