Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Ugh that metaphor doesn't work because if you were trained wrong as a joke you'd still get all the reinforcing messages that "green" to you means stop from society, media and just generally living in the world. Like it only works if you specifically reserve the reveal for a one off prank.

Also, David is totally the big bad that they need the Shadow King to fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The correct counter to a hurricane is an NCAA commissioner.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

I don't want to be attracted to Tim Curry :(

https://youtu.be/iemGXdBdupM?t=93

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I love the show for being creative, but I'm worried that they're already repeating the ”get the band back together out of Astral jail" device that just seems like an artsy-fartsy way to burn an episode or two. Melanie's motivation was just spelled out last week ffs.

See also: Division 3 security is useless and David/Amal Farouk/mid-life crisis Airbender waltz in to do mind things. I'm fine with journey before destination, but the journey then needs to be more original than confirming that each character also feels that the power they have is also a burden.

Edit: love the two security dudes posted out front like it ain't no thang.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 18, 2018

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

It's hard to square "love makes you weak, buckle up princess" Syd with "He's my man" Syd that's been presented thus far unless she's just cynically staying close to the biggest heavy in the room.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Their relationship was presented as rather superficial in the first season, so I think you're right that this does help me understand the appeal for Syd.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Don't most mutant powers express at puberty because it's not at all a metaphor?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Farouk did nothing wrong. He wasn't a God-Emporer ruling from a skull throne in the recent past. He was just a chill dude hanging with some fly ladies when some imperialist ivory-tower academic wanted to start some poo poo.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

So the subplot was basicallyOliver and Melanie are stuck in the astral plane, they protect and nurture a Syd who was knocked down to studs by the Legion. He fights a malevolent entity on the plane but doesn't kill him and Syd puts herself back together on the good fight narrative?

I don't get why Melanie was happy about the fantasy ending at the end.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

It would be a bit of an anticlimax, but I could see the Moroccan showdown ending in a stalemate like before and Syd saving the world by ensuring David grows up loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Watching Sesame Street with my toddler and juuust made the connection between Carey and Mr. Noodle.