Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007
I agree, I agree, it's all about that skreee.
If there are spots left, I'd gladly take command of a brigade pour la patrie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007
Général de brigade Hephasto confirming that the 54e stands ready to repel the hated invaders.

Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007
Orders for the 54ème Brigade

The 54th enters the map near Dallas.

It then proceeds to advance towards the Bois de Baguette as depicted below:

Upon nearing the Eastern edge of the Bois de Baguette, the brigade will assume the following combat formation:

The 54th will then to proceed West, pausing at the other edge of the wood (Bois de Baguette). At this point:

If St. Croissant is clear, the 54th will advance on the town.
Otherwise, the 54th will hold their attack until 11:30am/Turn 9, 22nd Div. elements start moving on the town, or the 55th brigade begins assaulting the town (whichever comes first).

Once St. Croissant is clear, the 54th will advance north via the eastern side of the railway towards the town of Veine, keeping pace with the 55th brigade. Once the town is reached, the 54th will assault the town and clear it of all enemy elements.

After the enemy has been driven from Veine, the 54th will advance West towards Faibleimpot and assault the town.

Automatic orders:

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Keep moving along original path
When attacking the enemy: Use rifle fire
When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Do not pursue
Break Off automatically when: 3/4 casualties are taken

Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007
Well chaps, looks like you're in a spot of bother. Let's see what the B.E.F. can do about that.

The BEF 2nd Brigade enters the map here in marching formation.

It will immediately divert West directly towards Quatreprouts.

When the town of Graisse is in sight, the 2nd will assume the following battle Formation:

During the advance on Quatreprouts, if any Germans are sighted in the area between Graisse and Quatreprouts (including within the town of Quatreprouts itself) the 2nd's infantry companies will immediately advance upon them in a bayonet charge until the enemy are routed or destroyed.

During this time, the brigade's artillery asset will move into range of the enemy and begin unlimbering. Once un-limbered, they will fire until there is nothing left to fire at. The brigade's machinegun company will be deployed, base to base, left of the artillery asset for defensive purposes. At the same time, the brigade's engineering will create a barbed wire barricade between the artillery + machine gun assets and the enemy. Brigade command will take up a position behind the artillery.

Once the bayonet charge is inevitably succcesful at driving off the cowardly Hun, the artillery will re-limber and the brigade will resume it's original march on Quatreprouts, taking and securing the town.

When the town of Quatreprouts is secure, the 2nd will assume the best approximation of the following battle formation, oriented north towards La Oeuf.

It will then advance on La Oeuf, once again bayonet charging any German assets between themselves and the objective. When engaging the enemy the artillery, machine gun, and engineering assets will repeat their orders re: unlimbering + firing and defensive machinegun and barbed wire placement. When the enemy has been driven off the ridge, the 2nd brigade will take up the following reverse slope defensive position on La Oeuf.

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance:
Turn and move directly towards enemy

When attacking the enemy:
Launch a Bayonet Charge

When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed:
Do not pursue

Break Off automatically when:
2/3 casualties are taken

Now then, let's give the Hun a thrashing shall we?

(Note: this is my first set of orders incorporating artillery. Feel free to notify me if something is off.)

Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007
(Reformatting this post to make it more readable - blame the fresh out of school translator who has never actually spoken French out loud until today)

Second draft of orders for the B.E.F Second Brigade

The 2nd Brigade enters the map here in marching formation.

It will immediately orient itself West towards Quatreprouts, take the following battle formation, and then advance on Quatreprouts using the following vector.

During the advance on Quatreprouts, if any Germans are sighted in the area between Graisse and Quatreprouts (including within the town of Quatreprouts itself) the 2nd's infantry companies will immediately advance upon them in a bayonet charge until the enemy are routed or destroyed.

During this time, the brigade's artillery asset will move into range of the enemy and begin unlimbering. Once un-limbered, they will fire until there is nothing left to fire at. The brigade's machinegun company will be deployed, base to base, left of the artillery asset for defensive purposes. At the same time, the brigade's engineering will create a barbed wire barricade between the artillery + machine gun assets and the enemy. Brigade command will take up a position behind the artillery.

Once the bayonet charge is inevitably successful at driving off the cowardly Hun, the artillery will re-limber and the brigade will resume it's original march on Quatreprouts, taking and securing the town.

When the town of Quatreprouts is secure, the 2nd will assume the best approximation of the following battle formation, oriented north towards La Oeuf.

It will then advance on La Oeuf, once again bayonet charging any German assets between themselves and the objective. When engaging the enemy the artillery, machine gun, and engineering assets will repeat their orders re: unlimbering + firing and defensive machinegun and barbed wire placement. When the enemy has been driven off the ridge, the 2nd brigade will take up the following reverse slope defensive position on La Oeuf.

Standing orders before Quatreprouts has been taken:

Continue towards original objective

Launch a Bayonet Charge

Do not pursue

Fight to the last man

Adjustments to standing orders AFTER Quatreprouts has been taken:

Turn to face the enemy

Pursue the enemy

Hephasto fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 25, 2017

Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007
The 2nd Brigade will immediately charge on Quatreprouts, bayonetting or routing any Germans in the town and surrounding environs. During this time, the artillery will remain in position and take what shots they can.

*IF these orders are received on the first turn, the 2nd Brigade companies on top of La Oeuf are to attempt to form the default battle formation as best they can before advancing.

With Quatreprouts taken, the 2nd Brigade will form up in the default battle formation as best it can and advance upon the marked crossroads north of Toiletteschamps and south of Fraisechamps, with a slight easterly detour to rendez-vous with the artillery. When the infantry and artillery are reunited, the artillery will re-limber. Once the artillery is mobile again, the whole brigade will advance on the crossroads. At the crossroads, the 2nd Brigade will take defensive positions, the artillery will unlimber, and the brigade will wait until dawn for further orders.

Standing orders BEFORE Quatreprouts is taken:

Launch a Bayonet Charge

Do not pursue

Fight to the last man

Adjustment to standing orders AFTER Quatreprouts is taken:

Use rifle fire

Hephasto fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 2, 2017

Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007

Hephasto posted:

The 2nd Brigade will immediately charge on Quatreprouts, bayonetting or routing any Germans in the town and surrounding environs. During this time, the artillery will remain in position and take what shots they can.

*IF these orders are received on the first turn, the 2nd Brigade companies on top of La Oeuf are to attempt to form the default battle formation as best they can before advancing.

With Quatreprouts taken, the 2nd Brigade will form up in the default battle formation as best it can and advance upon the marked crossroads north of Toiletteschamps and south of Fraisechamps, with a slight easterly detour to rendez-vous with the artillery. When the infantry and artillery are reunited, the artillery will re-limber. Once the artillery is mobile again, the whole brigade will advance on the crossroads. At the crossroads, the 2nd Brigade will take defensive positions, the artillery will unlimber, and the brigade will wait until dawn for further orders.

Standing orders BEFORE Quatreprouts is taken:

Launch a Bayonet Charge

Do not pursue

Fight to the last man

Adjustment to standing orders AFTER Quatreprouts is taken:

Use rifle fire

Addendum: while the 2nd brigade's infantry companies are assaulting Quatreprouts, the brigade's artillery will re-limber, move west to bring them in range of Quatreprouts, un-limber, and begin firing on any visible German targets.

Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007
I'll stick around as a staff officer this time unless a post needs filling by the end.

*Edit* also voting for my dad as corps commander.

Hephasto fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hephasto
Oct 11, 2007

Loel posted:

Working list
3rd Cavalry Division commander -- Bacarruda
RNAS Armoured Car Brigade commander sixkiller / Vincent Van Goatse
? Cavalry Brigade commander -- mydad
? Cavalry Brigade commander -- xthetenth
Royal Horse Artillery commander - abortretryfail

7th Infantry Division commander -- thabastardken
? Infantry Brigade commander -- Acebuckeye13
? Infantry Brigade commander -- mllaneza
? Infantry Brigade commander -- Eddy-Baby

Royal Artillery commander - lenoon
Royal Engineers commander -- Hunt11

KYOON GRIFFEY JR -- Open XO
grassy gnoll -- Open
Terrifying Effigies -- Open Brigade
sullat - staff

Let me know if I missed you.

I'm available as staff to review orders or submit emergency ones if necessary.

• Locked thread