Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I will, for the 25th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
:siren:55th 25th Brigade:siren:

Enter map, head to the position indicated.

code:
Conditional orders while moving:
Turn and move towards enemy
Bayonet charge
Pursue
Break off at 2/3rds
code:
Conditional orders while defending:
Use rifles
Do not pursue
No retreat 

sullat fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 31, 2017

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Tevery Best posted:

While we wait: I am in the process of updating the banners, so if anyone does not currently have a banner that reflects their actual command and wants one, please quote this post.

Thanks! Am in charge of the 25th brigade.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I guess I should try and move north to contain the southern edge of the forest?

Also, not too late to send the southern infantry brigade over to mess with the enemy artillery. Should be able to sneak up on them in the dark.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
The theory is that the enemy is all in in the north. I'm not 100% sure what your role is now, acting as a bridgehead across the river waiting for a new offensive? Maybe?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Still got a month before the king comes to visit, conditions on the front could change dramatically.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
We can switch positions in the morning. Need full strength brigades to keep the cauldron closed.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
We should try to keep the enemy division contained in the forest. Don't think we should move the 25th until they're destroyed. The brigade across the river can be a very sleepy tripwire no matter how fatigued they are.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
:siren:25th Brigade:siren:

Alright lads, quit lollygagging around and we're going to shuffle on over here. You can sleep when the war's over.

sullat fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 2, 2017

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Well, the brigades lost in the forest are probably resting. As best as they can, did we drop fire on them? They've got a nice gun line right next to the middle river, too, so if we want to do counterbattery fire, that would be a good spot to do it.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

my dad posted:

I don't think it's a good idea to get info on something we're going to find out soon one way or the other. Either scout the southeast, to see if we can push the brigade in the trench up to La Dand, or the area around Ferme Inutille, to know what we might expect them to have left. I favor the center left edge of Ferme Inutille, gets it lets us see both the north half of Chemin Creux road, and a peek into the woods.

As for the timing, well, the more we wait, the better the info, but the worse the weather.

I agree, they should be getting a fresh division, we should try and watch the roads to see where they're headed.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

If we can get Bloody Stupid Johnson on our side, we can start to make weaponized ho-hos.

And I'll have so see if we can turn that trench into a trout pond...

That will happen naturally once the rain begins.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I agree, that southern bridge is ours now. They haven't shelled your guys yet so they may not realize anyone is there! They will soon, though.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Loel posted:

Strongly considering sending out the La Dand commando brigade, unless anyone has major reservations about the idea.

Personally, I think this is the best time for it, we've already scouted the path, the boche are committed in the north, etc.

The scout heard artillery moving up in the darkness, I think. Might surprise them.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
:siren:

Alright lads, nevermind the corpses. Reshuffle a bit so we can get more eyes on the front.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
:siren:

The Grand old Duke himself has ordered us to fall back from those forward trenches. Move due south like so; the other companies fall back along the inside of the forest to stay out of sight. I'll be moving my HQ back to that lovely clearing in the woods, out of sight.

As usual, we'll defend these positions to the last drop of peasant blood.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

What's up? They are still bumbling around in the backfield. If they want to attack out of Effyaders with their super-sleepy brigade, let them. Our arty should see them off nicely.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Don't we have two arty brigades, though?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
See, the 25th held admirably. Knocked out 1200 men without much fuss. I think they were chasing the engineer, and probably had conditional orders to fall back if they saw more than X chits. Either this is going to be the legend of the "mad minute" or the "kindermorte".

sullat fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 8, 2017

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

professor_curly posted:

I've got a brigade of heavy artillery and more ammunition than I know what to deal with. Those germans in North Effyaders are about to have a Bad Time.

They're in trenches, though, so they will mostly be suppressed. We should have the northern brigade go over the top, walk across no man's land, and bayonet them while they're still shell-shocked. Something like, two turns arty fire, turn 3 brigade attacks. The arty can shift to bombard the forest in case anyone else is sneaking up.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
When are the new brigades arriving? Guess we should wait till they get here before moving. We haven't let the enemy in Effyaders rest, so they should be getting really tired.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
So I'll be shifting over to the southern trenches once the reinforcements arrive?

Although, maybe we should keep divisions together. Can join our buddies in the north, don't want to let them have all the fun of attacking enemy fortifications in the dark.

sullat fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 9, 2017

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

AbortRetryFail posted:

I can't find it written anywhere so I ask again, what turn is the division arriving?

Edit: it's turn 40.

So we're just going to hang tight until the fresh troops come up next turn, right? Not going to leave the south undefended, and if nothing's doing up north, we needn't do much other than hope the enemy wastes his artillery on more empty trenches.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
:siren:25th Brigade :siren:

Hold Tight.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Or Bacc solo'd a brigade in the alleys and byways of La Dand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Sounds good. Maybe we can figure out a way to play soccer between the threads while we're on break.

• Locked thread