Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We need to try and break the Boche control strip they have that basically runs from the north east to south west corner or we lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At this point I am hoping that the Germans are closer to their breaking point then we are.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
97th Brigade orders

pre:
 This is it men. The final hour. The chance for us to redeem ourselves and win glory eternal for ourselves and the brigade. 

À la mort et à la gloire!
All surviving units charge into Graisse and kill any Boche trying to enter the village.

Conditional Orders

Hold place no matter what
Retreat when: Never

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Cavalry

Cavalry are to rally and charge to Graisse to defend the village to the last man.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Somehow we managed to hold on

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So we traded 7 chits each but we are in a much stronger position then we were last turn.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
These are the two possible plans the Germans may have.

1. Shift everything to the left. As in the brigade in Saint Croissant goes to La Oeuf and every other brigade shifts in to cover them.

2. All out push on the East front in the hope of breaking our army before we break theirs.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well half of our forces just did that.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
97th Brigade

Everything but the machine gun charge up the hill and kill any Boche who seek to claim the hill. Priority goes to targeting artillery if possible.

Machine gun is to provide covering fire for the Brigade

Conditional Orders
Once hill is clear of the enemy then the brigade is to assume this formation whilst the machine gun moves up to offer support.

If the enemy is sighted in attack stance then they are to hold unless they have artillery
If the enemy has artillery then the brigade is to fall back behind the crest of La Ouef and then hold out.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Where My Dad shows pessimism which has spread much confusion among the rank and file.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am glad to see that my Graisse buddy did so well in slaughtering the Boche.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
A good quote that sums up what just happened. "I suppose all he'll (The Boche Runner) report is that 4pouts is seized, and that somehow summoned an angry war god

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think we need to set conditionals around killing the runner. As in if he is still alive then we press on forward and try to kill enough Boche so that they flee before enemy reinforcements can come.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

sullat posted:

I suspect the Germans may try an night attack in the east to neutralize the advantages of our guns. I certainly hope so, since they may not be aware of how we have reinforced the lines, but we should remember that when our guys start shooting, the enemy artillery will somehow sense which flashes of light are ours and zero in on them.

They don't have much artillery left as Roland has already seen to almost all of their big guns.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The more Boche causalities we can achieve whilst they are out of position the closer we come to winning.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The total number of chits we have commanded is 242 by my count.
Meaning we have lost 54% of our total force and that if we were to lose 47/8 more chits then we lose.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Trin Tragula posted:

Your flyers have many demands on their time and will not be available to the Corps Commander again until tomorrow.

Are my calculations correct in regard to total number of chits deployed?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Trin Tragula posted:

I'm afraid this falls under the "I'm not your mum" clause; teams are responsible for their own bookkeeping.

Fair enough.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I thought the idea was that my survivors are supposed to remain there.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
97th Brigade

pre:
 "It is time for us to once again move to Dejeuner Ridge. This time though we will not move from our spot and will hold it to the end.
Infantry are to follow the arrows towards Clemenceau. Once there we shall pick up the artillery and guide them to Dejeuner ridge. Upon arrival we will entrench and wait to see what becomes of us.

Conditional Orders

If enemy approaches us in battle march: Hold ground and drive them off
Enemy retreats: Hold ground.
Break Point: N/A

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 2, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Can I commandeer the British artillery and direct them towards Quatreptrouts?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I have no idea where the remnants of the 97th are and I doubt they have any idea either.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At this rate I am worried about wondering straight into Saint Croissant.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
97th Brigade

Orders are to keep on moving towards Dejeuner ridge. The first man to find the ridge gets his choice of wine on me.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I thought we were not allowed to split our brigade like that?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bacarruda posted:

We did it once with the 97th. I figured I might as well try it again.

That was with artillery though.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At this point we just adopt a creeping bombardment and kill everything outside of Saint Croissant. We have more artillery pieces on one flank then they have in their entire army.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They have given up on anything other then defense. Let us reward this cowardice with a never ending barrage of shells.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Exactly. Lets figure out what we need before worrying about anything else.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
To go along with what xthetench said, the best charge in the game was a combined charge of both cavalry and infantry.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Quick Roll20 highlight. My Dad can barely contain himself at the thought of commanding an entire cavalry brigade.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Loel

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Quoting Trin: This battle contains a fatigue mechanic that only kicks in if the battle goes into a third day

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sixkiller posted:

Since our divisional and corp commanders are almost decided, I'll be calling dibs on the 'metal horses' , if that's OK with everyone.

I feel like we need to split up the cars into smaller units then just the brigade level.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I will volunteer for Engineer Commander position. This role will help stop me from developing tunnel vision whilst also allowing me to help set up and support our forces and the battle as a whole as the engagement develops.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Here are some general thoughts on the usage of Engineers:

Trenches: Going by last game they will be visible to the enemy the moment they go up. Using this I argue we create dummy trenches to make the Germans guess where our entrenched defenses are and hopefully allow us to pinpoint where they will have parked their artillery.

Barbed Wire and Road Blocks: With proper timing we can use them to seal off retreat points so that the enemy pursuit of our cars is slowed down.

Cavalry engineers: Active defense as in setting up road blocks and barbed wire to slow down the Boche.

Infantry engineers: Setting up our static defense while providing supplies for the Cavalry engineers.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I will post time tables as well. Of note I do not think my engineers will arrive in time to help turn the town into a quagmire.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Here is a rough timetable for what my mounted engineers can achieve.

Roadblock both roads in Stethoscopes: 12 turns
Barbed wire the entrance to Stethoscopes: 14 turns
Roadblock m1: 11 turns
Barbed wire m2: 13 turns
Barbed wire m3: 13 turns
Roadblock m4: 9 turns
Barbed wire m5: 11 turns
Barbed wire m6: 11 turns
Roadblock m7: 8 turns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Loel posted:

Excellent. Youll probably want to think along the lines of starting at Stethescope and going west (route to be determined)

I am all for aggressive thinking, but I think my engineers can help set up a more aggressive push without going to Stethescope. The more wire and road blocks I set up the more we can funnel them up. For example by setting up a road block on m4 and then putting our artillery behind it, anything hoping to push aggressively into our center will be slowed down enough for our guns to force them back.

Edit: I haven't had to worry about a traveling salesmen problem in forever.

• Locked thread