Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i knew some rod and todd flanders type kids who couldnt say "beavis and b**thead" without giggling/getting in trouble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Junk posted:

Yeah, what buffoons! Haw haw haw!

Yes, believing in fairy tales to the point where you throw people in prison for flying around and drilling holes in armpits makes you a buffoon, as does thinking that Harry Potter is going to teach your kid about ritualistic sacrifice. I'm glad we're in agreement here.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

My Pet Monster, He-Man, Yoda, My Little Pony, Smurf... and a rubber snake? Who are the other guys? Thundarr and Panthro?

skeletor

are you sure about that my pet monster? it could be a gremlin too

and that snake thing is the snake mountain set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgBgxepjplo

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
the evangelicals spread that poo poo around

the satan worhipping panic happened in finland in the nineties and relatives thought that we were worshipping satan when we were playing roleplaying games

and the school got visit from a former satan worshipper that had jumped ships and was now fighting against satan. tbf he looked like a pedophile

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Evangelical MLM scam company Amway spread rumors that their competitor was a satanist.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol these states are allowed to execute peoplei

e well texas is those morons in massachussetts have correctly decided theyre too stupid to be allowed to decide whether people live or die

XMNN fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 10, 2017

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

food court bailiff posted:

Yes, believing in fairy tales to the point where you throw people in prison for flying around and drilling holes in armpits makes you a buffoon, as does thinking that Harry Potter is going to teach your kid about ritualistic sacrifice. I'm glad we're in agreement here.

totally man, let's put on our best fedoras and laugh at the sky wizard believing dum-dums together

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
So, if you believed in the nonsense necessary to make satanism profitable, why would you not immediately go for jesus instead? I mean, belief in the devil kind of necessitates a belief in Jesus, right? So If you believe in Jesus, you become immortal and exist in utter ecstacy after you die, forever and ever. If you go for old nick instead of young jeezy, you get rich for like 70 years maximum, then you go straight to hell forever and ever. How is devil worship in any way logical?

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 11, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Nigmaetcetera posted:

So, if you believed in the nonsense necessary to make satanism profitable, why would you not immediately go for jesus instead? I mean, belief in the devil kind of necessitates a belief in Jesus, right? So If you believe in Jesus, you become immortal and exist in utter ecstacy after you die, forever and ever. If you go for old nick instead of young jeezy, you get rich for like 70 years maximum, then you go straight to hell forever and ever. How is devil worship in any way logical?

well a guy can sign up for an eternity with the guy responsible for, like, you; or he can roll the dice on the Trump option

naem
May 29, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

This is good thinking

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

People who think satanism is a real thing think that there are people craven enough to pick that option. It is a super hosed up worldview but they tend to sleep pretty good at night.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I have to explain to my mom that the JRPGs I played growing up are basically DND and that a whole culture she knows nothing about isn't actual devil worship.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Junk posted:

totally man, let's put on our best fedoras and laugh at the sky wizard believing dum-dums together

Yes, this is definitely the thread to get up in arms about people bashing religious zealots.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Turns out the only thing courts hate more than black people is Satan

And if a black satanist ever went to trial ohhhhhh man

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
The Satanic Panic thing sort of seemed to die out with the rise of grunge, so there's that. It's something I've sort of mentioned before but the 80s/early 90s metal and hard rock scene just sort of somehow had a lot of focus on the satanic, wiccan and demonic associations it had and were sort of easy targets. The long hair, tattoos, clothes, iconography, sinful lyrics, etc.

Then grunge and rap start to hit big, as well as college alternative in general, and the secret satanism of popular music was sort of quickly lost, which possibly helped lessen the whole secret satanic cult fear through the rest of the culture. It's probably a little hard for people to get worked up over a satanic panic on a generation listening to REM, TMBG and MC Hammer.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

General thinking is you get sweet power and influence on earth and then Satan takes you aside and says: M'boy, you did well up there! I'm going to give you a job down here and maybe the pay's not great but the benefits are spectacular!

And then you spend whatever time you got until the second coming pitch-forking people in the butt while flying on your new bat wings.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Very tempting!

ProfessorYesNo
Dec 10, 2006
What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in what?
Ronnie James Dio made a pretty strong case for Satan in the 80s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

ProfessorYesNo posted:

Ronnie James Dio made a pretty strong case for Satan in the 80s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU

The only hidden secret about that song is that it's about muff diving.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Junk posted:

hmmm yes, you're right, how could i ever think that sometimes religious zealots go too far and hurt peo-- https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809323

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

as it turns out you can, actually, criticize things that are bad without owning a fedora and gobbling dick dawkins' dick, just to spare you this embarassment in the future moomin man

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Testikles posted:

General thinking is you get sweet power and influence on earth and then Satan takes you aside and says: M'boy, you did well up there! I'm going to give you a job down here and maybe the pay's not great but the benefits are spectacular!

And then you spend whatever time you got until the second coming pitch-forking people in the butt while flying on your new bat wings.

Sounds like a MLM pitch.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Satan made Aatrek do it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rambling Robot posted:

Satan made Aatrek do it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

God knew

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
this is a classic joke reference to the mods willful knowledge of a pedophile mod, in their very midst, for many years

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

as it turns out you can, actually, criticize things that are bad without owning a fedora and gobbling dick dawkins' dick, just to spare you this embarassment in the future moomin man

religious extremism is hosed up for sure but when you reduce christianity to "fairy tales" about a "magic all-knowing Superdad in the sky" i can hear your e-cigs clinking together in your cargo shorts from all the way over here

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Junk posted:

religious extremism is hosed up for sure but when you reduce christianity to "fairy tales" about a "magic all-knowing Superdad in the sky" i can hear your e-cigs clinking together in your cargo shorts from all the way over here

It is fairy tales lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

hmmm yes i may have been a bit hyperbolic for funsies there, on this comedy forum, but in tripping over yourself to point out what a loser idiot neckbeard i clearly must be you look like a moron in this thread, especially when my post was about things that actually happened and are indeed still happening today

http://banninggandalf.weebly.com/satanism.html

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1485.cfm

http://www.vigilantchristian.org/harrypotter.html

someone who definitely is sane and not softheaded from obsessing about demons posted:

"avada kedav__" (which is spiritually offensive so I did not type the last two letters).

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

hmmm yes i may have been a bit hyperbolic for funsies there, on this comedy forum, but in tripping over yourself to point out what a loser idiot neckbeard i clearly must be you look like a moron in this thread, especially when my post was about things that actually happened and are indeed still happening today

http://banninggandalf.weebly.com/satanism.html

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/n1485.cfm

http://www.vigilantchristian.org/harrypotter.html

The last guy had a hilarious YouTube channel.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

JediTalentAgent posted:

The Satanic Panic thing sort of seemed to die out with the rise of grunge, so there's that. It's something I've sort of mentioned before but the 80s/early 90s metal and hard rock scene just sort of somehow had a lot of focus on the satanic, wiccan and demonic associations it had and were sort of easy targets. The long hair, tattoos, clothes, iconography, sinful lyrics, etc.

Then grunge and rap start to hit big, as well as college alternative in general, and the secret satanism of popular music was sort of quickly lost, which possibly helped lessen the whole secret satanic cult fear through the rest of the culture. It's probably a little hard for people to get worked up over a satanic panic on a generation listening to REM, TMBG and MC Hammer.

All the talk of illuminati death cults is sort of a throwback to Satanic panic

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

pushpins posted:

Yea, but those are totally real.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

It is fairy tales lol

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

4 pages in and no mention of the West Memphis Three?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Memphis_Three

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'd gently caress a Satan

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'd gently caress a Satan

I would molest satan so he only remembered it after extensive prodding from an evangelical christian hypnotherapist.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I fully support banning STYX albums. But not for the alleged backward satanic messages you can hear if you drag the vinyl for "Snowblind" in reverse really slowly.

30 years ago a scary amount of Americans were terrified by the fact that music sounds different when played backward at a slower speed. That's all the proof they needed to destroy random lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APhbwoQ7NWs

and of loving course even today YouTube is slammed with idiots posting videos of their interpretation of gibberish. humans are dumb and it's a terminal condition.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
This fine documentary from the "Pagan Invasion" series by Jeremiah Films is a joy to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db5XSsf2B4E

This man is a recipient of Satan's blessings:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Satan is like, the only common god so might as well go Unitarian. :shrug:

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing op he didnt molest all those kids imo

no justice for pedophile satanists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

pushpins posted:

That's something that I was sort of wanting to mention, too, but wasn't really sure how deep that rabbit hole really goes in terms of mainstream popularity.

Alex Jones and others seem to talk about it, but at the same time there felt like most of the 90s sort of painted people sounding the alarms of of secret Illuminati, NWO, etc. plots in society as sort of fringe voices as opposed to the mainstream media attention satanic music and horror films were getting in the 80s/early 90s.

As odd as this sounds, a thought I had was that fear of 'satanists' gave way to sort of a more overall fear of 'godlessness'. The modern illuminati-style stuff does often have satanic connotations to it to people, but at the same time it feels almost more 'faithless', 'atheistic', etc. Like it's a conspiracy that feels like it hints more at mortals who want the status, power and respect of becoming deified rather than them serving some actual gods, devils, etc. in their hidden theology.

• Locked thread