Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Enjoying Flash vs. Sea immensely after not watching the pro scene in years... great post for a long AMTRAK ride.

I know hotkeys and opening builds from 15 years ago, I still play War3 ladder for shits and giggles but man do I miss this game.

If anybody else is in the old man boat of "knowing the game but incredibly out of practice" let's play some lovely 1v1s sometime.

edit: do pros use the default hotkeys? I know in DotA, etc. they re-map hardcore. I have a feeling that BW players don't really need to customize keys though - 1a2a3a4a5a6a7a....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Zorodius posted:

Pretty sure hotkey mods are banned in every major tournament. If you want a [P]robe, you gotta take the trip across the keyboard.

I thought so; in fact, I don't even know if custom hotkeys are easily possible in BW (unlike war3).

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I wonder if it'll be done with a 3D engine, or remain 2D in high-definition.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Shine vs. Mong already tons of fun from game 1, the classic fake-out

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Man, there is just years of great stuff to catch up on isn't there?

Lots of great crowd shots + crowd noise made this one awesome if there's more in the category of "hype in a language I don't understand"

I think I saw two women crying at the end

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Shine vs. Bisu will be Sunday night...?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The bag

What else is in the bag

The bag of builds

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Bisu vs. SoulKey is up, fighting for 3rd place

Still no Tasteless :-(

e: When's the finals???

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 30, 2017

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Zorodius posted:

PvT question: I've noticed a lot of pro-Protoss will stasis the first, closest clump of tanks they see. But ideally, don't you want to stasis the distant side of the tank line?

It seems important- sure, you froze some tanks, but now your zealots have to run a screen length under fire before they start hitting high-value targets. I get that it's risky to fly your arbiters that deep, and the players don't have perfect vision of their targets, but it looks like most Protosses are missing out on value from Stasis.

The tanks in the back will blow up their friends on the front-line if you can get some zealots meleeing the tanks in the front

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhUj1BAUbX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En6GfKEgKEc

Effort vs. Free from SSL last night

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol wtf are those shirts.

korean fashion in big-white-guy sizes lol

pretty good series, should free have really gg'ed so early in game 3? he looked on tilt

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 10, 2017

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

i don't really get the context - why is he so upset? got 3 hatch linged or something?

edit: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/commons/images/2/25/LarvaProfile.jpeg

things like that are the reason Koreans should let some people smoke pot

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

TvT is so much more fun to watch with the zoom-out feature

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I definitely have lost at least one game to brown units moving past my scouting ling without me seeing

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Go jaedong fighting~

His Ro. 16 group looks tough though....BISU!!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

OatmealRaisin posted:

a part of me is really excited for the stupid degenerate coinflip of a night group b is going to give us

Tastosis is gonna be great that's for sure

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

a cow posted:

Why did flash button and zip up his pants after his second game

Where is flash playing? I don't see anything new on youtube

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I seriously can't read The Other StarCraft Thread anymore. I would love to watch a first person video of the goon who can't use dragoons in the single player campaign because "the pathing AI is awful".

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

MF_James posted:

lol or if he'd just realize that, yes, the pathing is not amazing and you need to work around it, but go ahead and defend the guy that is complaining about mechanical issues in a nearly 20 year old game.

:smuggo: :smuggo: Well, I guess it's DIFFERENT when you're in a multiplayer game and everyone starts on the same footing. GOOD LUCK trying to move dragoons into the ENTRENCHED AI in a campaign mission. :smuggo: :smuggo:

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Are tastosis doing GSL? Is that star2 or bw?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Is Tooth and Tail as fun as Artosis makes it sound?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Wow. That's really lovely and weird.

Unrelated white person opinion on MMR.

After 100+ games I am still 1500 MMR... I'll lose a couple, get to 1400 or so, climb back up, lose to some Smurfs. Maybe hit 1650 or so, lose a couple, really lose to some Smurfs and then wind back up at 1500 after 10 games.

It also doesn't help that I swear every time I win a game (or three in a row) to, the ladder bugs out and gives me no MMR. Then, on the fourth game, you lose and WHAM all of a sudden the system works again! -22 MMR.

The lag bothers me more than any of that, but it's still nice to have a "play BW in 10 seconds" button.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah, no tasteless was kinda wack but it happens pretty often.

PvT on crossing fields looks pretty figured out at this point... That map is built for 3 base carrier like no other. Can't wait to see Flash totally flip it on some toss

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Game 1 and 2 were super awesome in Group D. dongr 4 life

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Is anybody doing spoiler-free youtube playlists or something? Now that we're in ro.8 I have to watch all the commercials and not touch my mouse to get timer-spoiled.

Awesome start to the ro. 8!!!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Fanatic posted:

Yikes, that was more one-sided than I expected, Bisu's constant worker harassment is crazy.

I love tastosis but instead of making jokes about quake circa 1998 they could have been explaining the probe a lot more

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Overwatch seems to be doing well despite being unwatchable for all the reasons given above

(I have never spectated OW and don't want to)

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

i really don't like them zooming out you get used to watching the game a certain way for two decades.

edit: lol what is this poker box commercial.

they always hold out on the best commercials for the finals

I also enjoyed the ad for what I think is a reality show where they play Lineage III online and yell enthusiastically when they level up

which somehow ends in wearing the "WetHat" as black oil drips down one's loser face

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I think it's a zealot or the hero guy who is a zealot

Those aren't DT weapons

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

That was some good last three weekends of ASL, anything from the early tournament I missed I should watch?

I already know I need to go back to light/stork to see carriers

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjiBqhcAc9s

FlaSh will play random for the first time August 4th

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

no mask on ShiNe, based and redpilled

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

That day 2 tan dress on the interview lady unfffffff

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I'm sure that nobody who was involved with the actual classic War3 development and patches have anything to do with the changes they are making today.

Has anybody queued for 1v1 ladder recently? Is anyone playing?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Larva is the gooniest pro ever, we're all on his side

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Who are the ASL English casters on the live stream? They have audibly worse sound quality, banter, insight, jokes, but ASL pays them full price?

I saw the Queen vs. Soulkey on ASL LiveStream like three days ago and Tastosis still doesn't have one up?

What happened with the ASL Tastosis fallout? It looks like it was really that bad. Who are these guys with no personality and no sound quality that still have ASL English jobs? Do they have families and babies in Korea like Arty and Taste do?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Elyv posted:

Is that the starcast TV stream? I think they're doing it themselves, I don't think Afreeca is paying them. If it is the starcast TV cast, the casters are Nyoken(a former top non-Korean Terran) and Scan(probably something like the 7th-10th best Terran in the world, made it to ASL once)

It was on the ASL website stream interface instead of youtube

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Elyv posted:

one of those rare cases where there's a 3-0 and it's not clear which player was better

fully agree - I loved watching artosis rage on his stream about TvP last night and then watching him watch game 2 of this

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

mortons stork posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HjSsaMqPb0

another ASL up and boy lemme tell you, this one is a hell of a series.
Rush played absolutely INSANE. Especially game two, broke through on soma like it was no big deal, he just played absolutely impeccably. that save on game 3 too goddamn

game 2 looked like loving tower defense!!! they make this game look so easy to play and it's so far from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Khorne posted:

starcraft is a game of imperfect information & he did not see or expect zerglings there because it would sabotage the zerg's growth to make them and zerglings are useless against the terran position [unless you walk out on the map to snipe overlords/force mutas to come harass your army]

it's not like it was a crazy amount of lings though, it's amazing how strong they are late game even in groups of 6-8