Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SC2 competitive was so disappointing, long live SC1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

While searching for footage, I found this really neat channel by programming enthusiasts, who write bots that play Brood War against each other 24/7. It's kinda like Brood War Saltybet, minus the actual betting component.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Give me Brood War Remastered, Blizzard :pray:
I'll settle for just an official widescreen hack, even.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

It's twenty-loving-seventeen and Bisu just made a Scout.

God drat I love brood war.

I love that, even through the frenzied commentary, you can hear someone go 'hah, Scout!!'

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

That DT at 1:00:10 :eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Clearly the solution is mass Queens :getin:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

That sneaky nydus :eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

It's live :woop:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

dogmother1776 posted:

it's 2-1 Shine and Outsider is next

These are some stunning matches so far. Go Shine go! :eyepop:

Outsider is a rad as hell map, btw

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SHINE WINS?!? :supaburn:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I have no clue how this'll go. Flash is the macro master but Shine just busts out these insane strategies. I guess it depends on just how deep the Bag of Builds is. The dichotomy is REAL

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 4, 2017

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Nutty cheese, yum
Gimme some of that Beaufort :yum:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

WDIIA posted:

The unfortunate part is that apparently during this tourney Shine's wife left him and took the kids :smith:

That's why the whole bit with his son was kinda odd :smith: :smith:

Seriously? That's awful :stonk:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbG6ixavW4M
New video, and the first matchup is the appropriate Effort vs Lazy :laugh:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

TvT is the best matchup because it's a full on WAR. You almost never see the entire map being taken up like that, nor nearly the entire tech tree being put to good use. It's one hell of a slugfest.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Weren't there supposed to be some games from now to Tuesday? It's already the 18th in Korea but I haven't seen any videos of the supposed game on the 17th.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Loiku posted:

Looks like day 4 is up on youtube finally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu0VVj1BMu8

I bless the Rain down in Afreeca

e: what the gently caress is this 4th game, Ghosts and D-Web Corsairs

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 18, 2017

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

I forgot about that -- you need a fleet beacon in order to buy the upgrade. And given that corsairs are used most against zerg and carriers aren't really useful in that match-up no wonder dweb isn't used much at all.

You know what else you need a Fleet Beacon for? Scout upgrades :laugh:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

WDIIA posted:

Group A : Also kinda legit shocked that neither Mong nor Shine, who both looked like straight killers in there groups, didn't make it out. But Baxter really did play well. Maybe mutas are coming back into the meta?

Same, I was shocked to see Shine and Mong get knocked out. Mutas are and always have been the best unit in the game; looks like it's time to make people remember that.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I never knew PvZ could be TvT :eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Elyv posted:

Game 4 was great but man that was a disappointing series, just a lot of weird multitasking mistakes and super early wins.

That's ZvZ in a nutshell. It's almost always over in a flash and comes down to who made more micro mistakes than anything.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I love the dichotomy of the last two posts. It's true that the talent is slowly leaving or getting older, but Flash is still on top of the heap by an enormous margin and never seems to slow down. Is he some kind of vampire??

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6MdBOQHnDs

Larva vs Bisu live

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

Anyone catch WEGL last night? SoulKey 2-0'd Flash :aaaaa:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202192866
VOD for those who wanna watch.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I actually love TvT because it's so long and drawn-out. I love how it takes up the entire map and really puts the entire tech tree to good use. Watching resources dry up and the inevitable Cruiser wars is thrilling :allears:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Pretty neat maps; can't believe they're putting an island map in a big tournament these days. I like the looks of the 3p maps, and Sylphide really reminds me of Tau Cross, which is good.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Some extremely crazy games this set :eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mymla posted:

I hope island maps end up being where protoss unironically win games by building scouts.

I hope island maps end up being where terran build ghosts to counter scouts.

I think that Scouts might actually be an important linchpin in the Protoss army to counter Devourers. Just a few to snipe them down to save your Corsairs might be a tactic we see in the future, I hope.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mandoric posted:

Hell of a first match tonight.

Hell of an... EVERY match tonight. Grade-A games all around :eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

pyromance posted:

RO8 d2:

Mind lost the entire series off bad micro mistakes. He had some really good ideas, and his proxy factory on third world was ridiculously planned, but then he got almost nothing done with those vultures, and the 2nd one literally shot an egg and then got surrounded by lings while he wasn't paying attention.

Also, losing all those wraiths to the mutas while trying to be cute with micro put him in a hole he never recovered from. I just don't know what was going on with that because surely he could see he was getting shredded by the mutas.

ABV: always build valkyries

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Does anyone know how much gas the Zerg-only geysers have in them? 'Cause that seems like an obvious place to balance, crank it down so it's just a little boost to start instead of 'lol who needs to expand'.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

This series has been all over the place. Some of the highest highs, some of the lowest lows... I think it's been pretty fun overall though, with its weird experimental maps. That being said, I'm a-okay if next season is some plain-rear end Circuit Breaker and Gladiator again.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I think this series has been pretty great at letting some of the lesser-known/appreciated players get some limelight. A lot of the real big names have been absent or eliminated early this season. I've got a lot of respect for Snow and hope he goes on to win.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Why does the archon fuse instantly? Does that matter?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

why the gently caress are people still trying to make that idiotic goliath tvz build work, it's so fuckin bad :psyduck:

Just Use Valkyries(tm)

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

NoDamage posted:

(Ro8 spoilers)

Not terribly excited at the prospect of watching up to 21 PvPs in a row.

I'm not sure if Stork can beat Rain but I didn't think he could 3-0 Jaedong, Last, and Best either, so I hope he takes it all the way.

That's a wonderful thing, because it makes it statistically more and more likely that we could see a Scout being built :allears:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 29, 2019

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I hope Defiler teching for PLAYGU becomes a thing. Having your army become permanently 50-70% less survivable is pretty huge.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Re: Stork vs Mini

I was so focused on the possibility of Scouts that I didn't even consider a loving SHIELD BATTERY :eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Nostalgamus posted:

Finally got caught up on wednesday's games. Having twice as many games to watch is kind of annoying about the format change.

I got curious about the game Tasteless and Artosis were talking about with the supposedly amazing mindgame, so I went looking (after having to listen to that part several times in order to make out the search terms they were suggesting), and I think I found it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRS0UX3xOhA
Holy poo poo, that's amazing.

If anyone is wondering exactly what's happening here (starts at ~5:35), Terran knows the Overlord has vision on the minerals... but nothing further than that; Casy then sends SCVs to start mining, creating the illusion of an expansion there, and therefore masking the incoming rush :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Elyv posted:

the flavor is that you can broodling anything that living creatures inside and is grounded, so I think the only ground units that can't be broodlinged are archons, dark archons(because they're spirits), probes, and reavers(because they're robots)

Yup, everything except those 4 Protoss units. Broodlings are theoretically amazing, but it's just so much time, money, and effort to use this unwieldy instant death spell. Just like an RPG!!! :pseudo:

quote:

Spawn Broodling fails if the Queen dies prior to the projectile connecting with its target.
This is a real problem too in regards to proper usage of Broodlings.