Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Is there a YouTube channel doing games-only VODs of the matches this season? Afreeca’s actual YouTube channel keeps getting videos pulled over copyrighted music and their own mobile app is unusably bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Too slow loading for me to watch on mobile, feels like I’m back in the 56k era. But thanks anyway

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Last sucked it up trying to play a standard game so cheesed twice and got pretty lucky both times. I have no idea what Soulkey was doing though. Losing to Snow’s god reaver was one thing, but he went down to Last so badly. The delayed pool, wtf.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

If scarabs weren’t buggy pieces of poo poo then reavers would be too good. They do bonkers damage. If there wasn’t a chance that they would just fire off a wet fart and then die, people would just use them like siege tanks and build actual poo poo tons of them. Who cares if they are slow with that kind of consistent damage output.

I think that scarab weirdness is also just linked in to the weird pathing of Starcraft units as a whole. Scarabs aren’t especially dumb, it’s just that they can’t be microed at all so are left to figure out what you want on their own. If that means going around 15 probes and a whole mineral line to hit that probe of the far side, then by god they’ll do it. If you fixed this kind of behavior (assuming it is fixable without making the game explode) you would essentially have everything moving around blobwise with no trouble like SC2.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

That mine hit in game 5 today :eyepop:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Mini needs to cut his fingernails

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

It's on Afreeca itself, with the caveat that they are broken and lovely as usual.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah not a great final

when does ksl start?

Qualifying starts later this week, group stage begins on April 18th

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Do we have KSL season 3 groups yet? Seems like all the qualifiers should be done by now

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Lmfao what a blast from the past. Tasteless sounds so different now. Guess he shouldn’t have smoked so much meth

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

KSL season 3 groups start Thursday

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Sharp :ughh:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

That last game lmfao.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Last vs Rain was a really badass series. Might have to watch again. I feel like Last will destroy Stork though

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

I think shed be better paired with Tasteless than Artosis. Artosis is an analyst and Tasteless is an announcer — I’m not saying that to dunk on anybody, but Artosis and Cadenzie ends up kind of being the two of them pondering the strategic state of play quietly to one another while the game is busy happening. It’s fine, I definitely prefer that to Rapid who is just annoying, but it’s not as engaging a combination as Tastosis.

I think Tastosis + Cadenzie might be interesting setup. The Koreans have a famous three caster team with one from each race, right?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Bald dude is Creighton Olsen, he does some GSL casts. Not the best game knowledge but he can keep up a patter, and is less annoying than Rapid.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Wtf was going on in that last Light vs Larva game? Seemed like Larva was doing ok until all of a sudden he was 50 supply behind and the first serious push just completely rolled him. Was that all due to econ damage done by the wraiths?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Of the two zerg still left in the tournament I think Action is better than Sacsri. Maybe Larva too.

Definitely weird though, none of those guys is anywhere near as good at their race as Flash, Last or Rain is at theirs.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Action has looked good this tournament but he’s never won anything. Soulkey is a champion

Whatever happened to Hero, is he doing military now as well? That dude looked really good last year

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

It seems like it just doesn’t work at all unless the Terran is totally clueless and has no vessels and no anti air. Goliaths take out some of the queens whenever they close on the ground army and irradiates pick off the survivors so Zerg is constantly paying to replace them, and they cost so much that the ground army winds up too weak to take the Terran on.

Whoever manages to pull it off will look like a god though

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Not much opportunity for it just at the moment, almost every TvZ goes mech

Ensnare is a really badass counter to bio though

https://youtu.be/qib20kcWS2o

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Best and Stork are both looking great too, I feel like either of those guys could have got to the quarterfinals in any other ro16 group.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

well, at least action looked better this time around

that game two loss tho! Five bases including one hidden and he still got btfo.

Tbf Snow looked really good. I think this is the best I’ve seen him play without resorting to crazy reaver-shuttle stuff, unless that closer in game three counts.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

KSL season 4 will probably happen at some point but I don’t think any dates have been announced yet.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

There’s usually about 3 months between ASL seasons

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

JollyPubJerk posted:

will tastosis do KSL at all?

Pretty sure they were doing Blizzcon/SC2 stuff last week, I’d assume they’ll be back

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Am I crazy or does Soma just have way better macro than any other Zerg out there? It seems like his supply almost always keeps pace with P or T. Granted “infinity hydras” isn’t going to work as a strategy forever but...I have no idea how he manages it.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

It can’t be a light side Protoss because the psi dreadlocks are cut off

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Rapid said in this weekend’s BSL casts that ASL S9 qualifiers should start in a couple of days. I’m hyped just looking at that map pool...Hitchhiker :eyepop:

Also anyone dying to watch more Brood War could do worse than follow BSL. All foreign players and online tournament so there’s obviously a lower skill bracket and a lot of latency induced fuckups (shoutout to the guy who managed to irradiate his own mineral line), but it’s fun high level BW in English. No Tastosis tho.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

all TvT group coming right up

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

RIP soma, but that ensnare + ultra encirclement on neo sylphid was loving awesome tho

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

The campaigns ramp up quite fast. good old 90s game design spends the tutorial teaching you how to click and expects you to figure out how to play on your own. It’s definitely not the SC2 approach of “new unit, build 50 and a-move to win”. Have fun with the second half of the Brood War Zerg campaign especially

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Khorne posted:

When is there gonna be more brood war?

The new Afreeca team league is picking teams tomorrow and starts play near the end of the month

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

ASTL teams

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

abuse culture. posted:

no leta = no watch

E: why is sharp tier 3 there? He’s better than half the tier two guys. Also lol at best’s extremely weak group

Sharp was in tier 2. Not sure how the draw worked exactly but Soma and Action were in tier 1 so maybe something got changed around, or messed up by the fact that Stork is coaching so had to pick himself first? Idk

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

anchorpunch posted:

Does anyone have a link for a good english cast of the astl?

SaiyanSC on youtube did one for the first group. He does ok except for the 3v3 which blows his mind

Eonzerg and Nyoken did the second group, should be on one of their channels. Eon‘s accent kind of kills me to listen to, it’s not thrilling commentary but at least they both know what they’re talking about.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

It’s here, with Tastosis and everything

https://youtu.be/7IpF4cuyscs

I only caught the tail end of the last set (vs Bisu) which he rolled T for. So idk if he turns out to be pro quality at the other two races or what

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Nostalgamus posted:

Oh god, the second gas steal.

The observer zooming in on this made me laugh irl

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Bo1 is ok for a first round imo, it weeds out the worst players quickly while still giving a chance for upsets against higher tier players who get sloppy. I’m glad they don’t do the whole tournament that way but it has its place. What KSL was it where we had to sit through three games of Modesty vs Leta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Lmao at Larva’s nasty rear end feet