Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

pagancow posted:

h.265 encoding is a serious problem, even on some of the fastest intel processors it's barely 1 fps with a single pass encode on 4+ghz quad core systems. Someone needs to up the game.

sounds like u hosed up by not using the Intel Quick Sync Video hardware HEVC Main10 codec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

that's from 2015; kaby lake and above has 10-bit

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

i just use lagarith to make sure i retain as much of the vhs grain and noise as possible

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I'm still mad about single-thread performance.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Intel HD graphics four thousand achieves surprisingly high opencl performance with beignet

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

maybe HP will finally release their memristor-based stuff and we can ascend to the fourth level of computation

lol no they gave up on "the machine" as a memristor based thing and made it some piece of linux software

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Fabricated posted:

we use a lot of autodesk poo poo at the university I work at but i have yet to hear of any workplace that actually uses it

like they're always Creo with Windchill, or NX with TeamCenter, and/or solidworks, and Mastercam

or CATIA or w/e

there a specific industry that actually uses autodesk products other than Maya??

architects use revit

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

you'd be stupid not to take advantage of the increased bus speed tolerance you get with PCI over VLB

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

how dense is SRAM these days and why don't we have like 32mb of L1 cache

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

a neural network designed to validate emails

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Paul MaudDib posted:

please, this is a solved problem

just use the following regex that 99.99% works

yes, but you can't run the regex as a generative network to explore the multidimensional space of email addresses

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

It's a bit more complicated than that. The caches might be unified but there are four memory controllers and each core is only able to directly address two at a time. The crossbar provides the interconnect from the two halves of the processor with the two sets of memory controllers. Hitting the crossbar incurs a latency and potential bandwidth bottleneck so CoD defines the numa domains so the memory manager can attempt to avoid that when possible for everything except extremely large VMs or large/parallel workloads. I don't believe it splits L3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmtzQCSh6xk

• Locked thread