Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
guys i heard the new generation of amd cpus might be... good?

it even clocks up to four gigahurtz. i thought the average was 2.66, this is very unsettling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Skim Milk posted:

you amd bro?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

I bought an i7 920 in late 2008, bumped it up slightly to 3.2 ghz, and rocked it in a gaming machine until like... late 2015. Even then I had to seriously consider whether a cpu upgrade was worthwhile. Justified it to my nerd brain by going for one of intel's 6-core offerings.

That 920 is now in my living room, hooked up to my tv and used to play fairly current games regularly. I don't think I've ever made a more worthwhile purchase in my life

:same:

the only reason i got more than one pc in the last 5 years is that i live in two places for about half the year and can't be bothered to ship a desktop pc around. both pcs will get a new gpu at some point down the line but unless something breaks there's no point upgrading the cpu, and if i really need to throw cpu power around i can just buy a bargain basement 2x8 core sandy bridge xeon workstation

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

glad the right guy won

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

but what about nvidia vs intel??? the intel hd graphics is a legitimate high performance* gpu

*yes totally

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

well now that AMD has become semi competitive in CPUs it's only fair for them to suffer five years of poo poo GPUs

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Paul MaudDib posted:

the standard R7 chip (1700, 1700X, 1800X) is just a pair of dies glued together though, so Nipples will actually be 8 pieces of silicon glued together

it's the same interconnect in both cases, the performance of the interconnect between a pair of dies still tells us a little about how it might perform between 8 dies - although the 5960X is not really the relevant comparison there since you'd want to look at the big quad-die E5s/E7s where the interconnect is being stressed a little harder

make more dies.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

is that the german delidder guy?

i mean yeah if i had infinite money i would buy a shoebox of ryzens and then go full threadripper on them because i can :cadfan:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

A Pinball Wizard posted:

idgi why did he break the socket

*mounts processor in vice*
*applies hammer and chisel*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

also needs platfrom somewhere

• Locked thread