Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

mishaq posted:

use the cloud, bitch

lol and rely on Comcast for everything? lmbo

little AMD Turion is pretty miserly on power and can transcode 720p no prob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

seriously I think I've bought two desktop chips in the last ten years and the last one was a non-k i5

i think the last desktop chip I bought was an Athlon XP 1800+

even the one "desktop" i purchased recently is a ProLiant MicroServer and it has a Turion

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

haha these are such poo poo, last time i had to work on one it ended in me building the firm a new server

it's fine for a little home backup box that can do other things, i stuffed 12GB of RAM in it and run a bunch of KVM VMs and LXC instances on it

i sure as hell wouldn't use it for real work

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

tbf i think we could have managed a computer simulation of kurzweils brain which was good enough for all practical purposes at any point since 1973

that's two years too early

Pet Rock wasn't introduced until 1975

• Locked thread