Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

even if they bench really well, i still won't believe it.

on the other hand, the bar is so low that it would be difficult not to surpass expectations. they released a lemon architecture and locked themselves into three revisions. they gave up producing high end desktops after the first revision, and left us with a parting gift of a 220W cpu. it would have been fine if they stuck to the original roadmap, and had been done with the bulldozer nightmare in 2014. it is now 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

not exactly the market of the future, but i think the "enthusiast" crowd still exists and is very prepared to go with anything that seems a bit flashier than intels offerings. i expect they can make some quick cash there, and then longer term get another go at servers going

this is their strategy. the enthusiast market are the beta testers for the server chips that will be released later this year. they don't want to be pushing microcode updates to servers to fix bugs, or even worse sending out chips with a subtle design flaw. it's a new architecture and a new process, so there's going to be bugs to iron out

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

infernal machines posted:

it'll get better, we promise!

amd's sonic cycle begins anew

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

akadajet posted:

why is walter crying?

because a decade ago he would have been a busty lady in skimpy clothing, or a sick rear end metallic robot-demon thing.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

akadajet posted:

why is walter crying?

core temperature is reaching dangerous levels

• Locked thread