Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Go to the south of France and do totally old-school hedonism. Check in at the best hotel, eat oysters with champagne for breakfast, best cheeses with best wine while sitting at the sea side. Ask the chef to grind a truffle into your borcht while you dine.

This, but France doesn't need to be your only destination. Iceland, or Australia, Thailand or Japan. Pick somewhere and go. Do a couple of the big touristy things, but don't crowd your schedule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Armagnac posted:

If you want a bit of adventure with your decadence:

I hear Carnaval in Salvador de Bahia, Brazil is the one in the world to go to.
Also, just go to Rio for two weeks. Such a glorious city.

If you're a bit more tame, but still want an amazing time:
San Sebastian. Best food city in the world. It's got the highest concentration of Michelin Stars in the world, *and* some of the best surfing in europe.

Just grab an AirBnB in both places, and make sure you stay for at least 6-7 days, especially for Rio, half the fun there is making new friends.

How long has it been since you've been to Brazil? I have an uncle that's lived there for years, who is about to move back to the States because crime/corruption have gotten so bad. I haven't been in almost 20 years, and maybe it's just where he is, but still.

• Locked thread