Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dryzen posted:

It being cute doesn't really help that it lost any of its initial draw after nothing kept happening over and over and over and over again. If nothing happens again from the current thing that's happening then it pretty much perfectly illustrates what everyone doesn't like about it.

Nothing's going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

With the latest developments, Tomo-chan is on the verge of becoming the perfect manga.

It's just missing one thing.

A romantic rival for Tomo's affections.

Misuzu was introduced pretty early.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

No, thats what shes deluded herself into thinking. She needs to admit she wants to date Carol.

Misuzu wants to date both of them, and I wish her luck.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can't believe Misuzu is going to destroy these thugs and then Carol is going to destroy Misuzu.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Wait, what's going on with Carol here. Is that last comic a joke about Carol feeling disdain towards Tomo's lack of knowledge of fashion, or is it Carol having a blank face because she's acting crazy/weird?

edit: I'm guessing the former but I dunno about Carol man

She's disappointed Tomo thinks it's ok to wear a conservative and bland swimsuit to the beach.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I feel like this plot already happened.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i hope she beats him up and steals tomo away for herself

But then she'll have to fight Misuzu for her.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rodyle posted:

Tomo should ditch that zero and get with Misuzu

:yeah:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

Carol is always great because she gets to the point.

She should just tell Misaki she likes him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Things haven't been going according to Misuzu's plan in ages.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

My money's on making Misaki jealous by dating Jun.

Jun would go along with it because he wants to try fighting a pissed off Misaki.

Anyone want to bet against?

It's probably that but Jun doesn't realise any of it's happening since he's dense.

She thinks this will get Tomo to hate her since she's flirting with Jun and that it'll make Misuzu hate her because Misuzu plans on getting Jun and Tomo together since she's using that as an excuse to hang out with Tomo. Though there was a whole thing about how Misuzu's having second thoughts about that plan probably since it means Jun will end up closer to Tomo than her anyway. So I dunno, it's likely going to be pretty silly.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You really can't blame him for this.

Che Delilas posted:

If this isn't a clever ploy to light a fire under the plot I'm going to start using the S-word again.

That's a fools bet and you know it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jun's definitely going to cry.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm impressed Jun isn't crying yet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Really though at this point the main obstacle between Jun and Tomo getting together is Tomo rather than Jun

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jun is running to Tomo.

To beg her to save him from her scary friend.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's only sensible to be scared of Carol.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jun was never going to confess because it needs to be Tomo so she'll actually show some growth.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Tomo already confessed

Then at the festival where the comic just outright said "if she confessed now it'd probably work out." She decided not to because of cowardice or stalling or something. And although Tomo hasn't actually gotten any focus since then that's what's going to need to be explored because she's the main character.

I mean, Jun's dumb too. Probably more dumb. But he's not going to be the one to get this relationship going.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 4, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Before the actual relationship to happen, they have to wrap up the DS thing. There was that whole flashback about how Jun and Tomo met and Jun giving Tomo his DS and saying he would take it back when he beat her. But he's never even challenged her because he still has his unrealistic image of Tomo he developed during that flashback. Jun has to fight Tomo and win

Yeah Jun also needs to stop putting Tomo on a pedestal as someone he can never measure up to, but that was never going to happen from Carol loving with him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

Before the actual relationship to happen, they have to wrap up the DS thing. There was that whole flashback about how Jun and Tomo met and Jun giving Tomo his DS and saying he would take it back when he beat her. But he's never even challenged her because he still has his unrealistic image of Tomo he developed during that flashback. Jun has to fight Tomo and win

Dang, you called it good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rodyle posted:

iirc the position taken is that Jun is default stronger because Penis, but that he can't beat her in proper matches, only unrestrained brawls

it's dumb on many levels

I think it's sort of implied Jun only thinks that because he idolises her.

It's kinda garbage.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I still don't know what Carol was planning to get out of this.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

why is she surprised that he knows? why does she think he wouldn't know? why does she think any of her friends wouldn't know?

just... I missed the point that it was supposedly a secret

It's a secret because she still hasn't actually told him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tomo how are you this dumb??

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Recognising Tomo as a girl isn't even Jun's main problem. He's got several more pressing issues that are getting in the way of this relationship.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can't believe Carol would take advantage of Tomo in her weakened state.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tomo deserved a talking to.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Of course being sick means Tomo isn't dumb right now. This could be the chance she's been waiting for.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

The point may be for Jun to get over that whole thing.

I don't think Jun really thinks that though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

But the other girls are monsters regardless of perspective.

The Gyarus are good actually.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he acted like it was the most absurd thing in the world like 5 minutes prior, but when tomo reacts more or less the same way he did it's some terrible affront.

I mean it completely threw him for a loop and shocked him to his core, while Tomo is just laughing it off. He is probably just astonished at her ability to not be bothered by it and complete faith that nothing can change in their relationship, which he will now attempt to emulate for the rest of time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He's going to end at 1000 an hour

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Biggest revelation is apparently Misuzu can crack safes.

I'm not surprised

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Misuzu will definitely succeed in her strategy because the biggest self-own will be if the plan works and there is some actual progress in the relationship.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jun is actually going to die here isn't he?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Misuzu would be fine with Jun experiencing extreme trauma from Rawr part 2.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jun is going to will himself to death out of shame and fear.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Jun is going to catch her because that would be the biggest possible own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Time to begin Misuzu's greatest self-own, attempting to sabotage Tomo/Jun and in doing so get them together.

The better own was Misuzu actively trying to help Tomo and Jun get together without realising how much she is against the whole thing.