Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I loved my Nature/Earth build when I played which was basically letting my wolves and golem munch the enemies while I ran around like an idiot.

Pet builds are always fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Man I love this game, and I'm glad we're getting a more modern lp than the one in the archive that was recorded at like 240p.

Also the summon playstyle is ironically weakest in normal difficulty. In the later ones your summons get ridiculous boosts and rip through enemies while they peak in normal around act 2 and you spend most of act 4 resummoning them.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Agent355 posted:

This is an accurate description of how I remember it. I wasn't going to go summoner at all but I read that they buffed it a bit in the patch so here we go boiz.

Still deciding how I'm going to build later on, right now it's just wolves4days

If you get the heal they're pretty good, especially with the weird aggro in multiplayer.

Also I literally beat the game without killing a single enemy personally after I got wolves (and later the core dweller) online so its not like summons are ridiculously bad or anything. You just struggle in some fights (like Act 2's end boss :suicide:)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Agent355 posted:

Warcraft 3 was like 20 years ago!

Exactly 15. I thought thats why you picked that as the cutoff :kiddo:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also, Agent, you can't put enough points into Wolf Summoning in normal to get the third wolf natively. You need to max it and have either a piece of equipment with +1 Nature skills, or max it and find one of those shrines that temp boosts your skills to have 3 running around in normal.

Definitely recommend maxing them ASAP though, helps loads with their suitability.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
1) Valley of Kings was built over a century for a variety of Pharoahs, not one dude and his wives

2) Robert Jordan literally died before finishing the Wheel of Time and they had to get another author to finish it off his notes. Also his planned 'final book' had to be split into 3 thousand page+ tomes because goddamn. Let it be a lesson not to marry your editor.

3) Set killed Osiris and buried him around the world. His wife Isis ran around putting him back together and he became god of the dead since he was a hosed up multipart corpse for a year.

Good LP update, nitpicky bullshot aside. Egypt is probably my favorite part of the game I think and part of that is this tomb diving session. It just feels better than the bland greek caves in the last act and they actually throw mixes of enemies at you instead of throwing waves of one kind of dude at a time.

Zore fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 22, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
I wanna say the fish dudes from before you go sewer diving are also new to Act 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

For pets, the spooky warlock sorcerer class has a raven and a hellhound and some good buffs, and the druid has a big tanky, angry ball of thorns and hurt, and some good buffs. Together, they are the Summoner!

Dump points into the base hellhound skill with warlock and then mix with whatever class to taste and branch out once you have your angry fur ball maxxed is what I've seen or the lazy pet mans game. Same applies to the druid but with his pet. That's what I've seen. I dunno how well it works.

Looks up the Lazy Pokémon Master guide on the GD forums.

Yeah, that build is ridiculously strong and good. You just sit back while your tree abomination melts things at first and eventually you have an army of horrors killing stuff.

Still slightly annoyed skeletons are going to be a temp summon for the necro. What is even the point :(

• Locked thread