Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
You guys wanted a $20 H2H league with 10-12 people, by God here it is!

Buy-in: It's.....twenty dollars

Draft Date: Monday, March 27th 6:30 PM Pacific. I picked this date and time out of thin air, it can be changed if need be.

Categories: Standard 5x5, we can change this to some kind of 6x6 if someone has a better idea. I am open to anything that's not too bizarre.

Playoffs: 4 teams if we have 10 players. 6 if we have 12

Other non-standard Yahoo things: I made "add injured players from waivers or FA to IR" to YES and I made the playoff tiebreaker "best regular season record vs. opponent" rather than "higher seed"

max acquistions in a week is 6 and min. IP is 7, this can also be changed if someone has a better idea.

Want an invite? Post here or PM me and I'll PM or email the link.

coronaball fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

SA Name Team Name Paid?

coronaball Jobu Needs a Refill YES
jabro my name is jabro YES
mentholmoose WACHA WACHA WACHA YES
Teemu Pokeman SlowSlowSlow UrBoat YES
Doltos Slappys Team YES
DAIRY KING AllUrBasesRBelong2Us YES
Inspector 666 The Assman YES
dewey7788 The Hatbale Winners YES
Jack Del Huevos Mile High Bombers YES
El Caganer WAR Pigs YES
xdistak Jose's Sailing School YES
marioninblack Lenny Dykstra YES

coronaball fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 11, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

That's two people! :rolleye:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

mentholmoose posted:

e: Got the invite, I assume we're doing payment through PayPal instead of Yahoo?

Yes, we'll do payment through paypal or google wallet. But not yet, let's get it filled up first

Everybody who posted should have gotten a PM with the link.

Also, please post your team name if it's not obvious who you are.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

WHIP is already a category though. Would need another P category to even it out.

Would we want AVG and OPS? Or one or the other?

Also, how do we stand on using QS rather than W's? I think I lean QS, but I don't have a real strong opinion on it.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'll keep thinking about the stats, you guys keep posting suggestions. One way would be to take Teemu's idea of nix AVG and add OBP and SLG and then add one more Pitching category, either Holds or QS. I seems to me that having QS and Ws would overpower top-tier starters too much, but maybe I'm wrong. You guys know more than me.

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh also I'm gonna be that guy and ask if we can move the draft, either the day before or after would work fine, but I have a concert to go to the night of the 22nd. However I also don't get out of work until 6 so could we push the time to 7 too?

I can move the day to Tuesday 3/21 or Weds 3/29, that doesn't matter this far out. This is at 6 PM Pacific though. Are you on the West Coast?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Alright everyone who posted should have received an invite via PM. If you didn't, it wasn't intentional! We should have 12 teams if everyone I PM'd signs up.

How about a Monday for the draft? People seem to have various conflicts on Tuesday, Weds, and Thurs.

DAIRY KING posted:

Hey have we agreed on all of the scoring details? if so, do you think we can create a list so I can start doing that Rain Man thing I do before I horribly fail at the draft.

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base Percentage (OBP), Slugging Percentage (SLG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doghouse posted:

Hey, I'm sorry but I backed out. It's just that I realized it's highly unlikely that I can commit to a specific time in advance since my wife is almost 9mo pregnant. I hope that doesn't inconvenience anyone, hopefully you can get a replacement.

No problem, just delete your team if you haven't already.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doltos posted:

I see ten people instead of 12. This is a 12 person league right?

Yeah I've sent 12 PMs. 10 joined, 1 was doghouse who dropped out, and someone I PM'd hasn't joined.

I'm changing the draft date to Monday, March 27th at 6 PM PDT

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doltos posted:

Is it possible to combine saves and holds into one category and add another category to pitching? It seems kinda weird that we're going to have to roster closers and setup guys especially when holds aren't that easy to get too. Maybe quality starts or dingers allowed.

Isn't that part of the strategy? You can have a good holds guy who is only a holds guy, or you can try to look for guys who will pick up holds and are next in line to close if his team's closer sucks/ gets hurt, or you can punt the category if you want.

Darude-Adam Sandstorm, El Caganer, and marioinblack, please post your team names. I can't tell who is who.

Now that we are full, you can start paying. Google Wallet or Paypal is eric.ruth@gmail.com. Please put your SA Name and team name in the comments.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

xdistak posted:

PayPal sent.

Does 1st get all the winnings? 2nd get money back?

Yeah should probably figure that out. I do 60% 1st, 20% 2nd, 20% best regular season record for football. That good enough for this?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

OK We will do Teemu's original 150/50/20, + 20 for 1st place idea. that gives a little bonus to the best overall record and keeps the 3rd place game somewhat interesting.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I gotta change the draft time to 6:30 PDT because I have to coach a T-ball game that day. Still the same day, Monday, March 27th. Sorry East Coasters!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

All payments submitted!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

jabro posted:

We're not changing poo poo a day before draft.

Correct. Regardless if the idea has any merit or not.

Draft tomorrow night!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

:siren: Draft in 1 hour! :siren:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Yeah the downside of this waiver system is that people who live on a computer are going to have the advantage on FA.

I could change it to a system where all players were on waivers and the claims processed once a day. But then you're screwed if you need to add/drop someone immediately later in the day for whatever reason. And I hate changing settings after we've already drafted. But if we were going to change it, now is the time.

Guess we should have thought about this earlier!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doltos posted:

Coronaball is a lucky piece of poo poo that drafted like poo poo

I drafted Buxton and Mazara, so you're half right!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Good news Teemu, Cespedes has a day off!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Reynolds, Carpenter, Miggy all available for trade for a top line pitcher or other. Don't need 3 1st basemen

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Doltos posted:

I have a bunch of pitchers, shoot me a trade.

I don't know what your team name is anymore :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I was in first place at one point. Now I cannot beat the unmanaged team whose owner hasn't logged in since May. Sad!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Playoffs have begun! I've locked the teams that didn't make it from making add/drops. Better luck next year!

xdistak has won best regular season record, and $20. Congrats!

Reminder, the payouts are:

coronaball posted:

OK We will do Teemu's original 150/50/20, + 20 for 1st place idea. that gives a little bonus to the best overall record and keeps the 3rd place game somewhat interesting.

Let's go!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

So not that it really matters for my cellar-dwelling team but apparently I can't drop anybody to activate guys off the DL. I realize rosters locked but that seems like it's not the intention of said feature, could the commish possibly dump Inciarte and Zimmer from my team so I can activate Gyorko and maybe Harper?

This is a redraft league and you didn't make the playoffs. Your season has concluded.

I'll be joining you in elimination-land shortly since I'm getting ripped 11-0. I'm not so tough without Rhys Hoskins hitting a dong per day.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Well no money for me, but my team wasn't very good anyway so it's a miracle I even got 4th.

If I have this straight, the winners are:

1. xdistak $150
2. mentholmoose $50
3. dewey7788 $20

PM me with your paypal or Wallet address and I'll send you your prizes.

I'd definitely like to do this again next year. We can talk about different scoring cats in the spring. I'm looking forward to not thinking about baseball for a few months and focusing on my lovely football lineups!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

xdistak posted:

When we drafting?

I'll make a new thread and restart the league when Yahoo unfucks itself.

• Locked thread