Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
poo poo, I missed sign ups!

Which is a shame because I possess exactly the right amount of leadership and intellectual rigor necessary to lead a Rock-Paper-Scissors team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
The glove makes Team Right seem villainous somehow, so I am happy with this outcome.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

GNU Order posted:

If you think team Right looks villainous now just wait till we take off the glove and show our final form

vvvv Whoops, cya, Team Right for life

We have to declare a mistrial due to thread peeking and rerun signups and start over. Not because it's what I want to happen, but because it's the right thing to do.

EDIT: Also, I hope the hand's final form is a robot hand, tentacle fingers, or some combination of those two.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 14, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
This is the greatest contest of wits I have ever seen and I am on the edge of my seat.

I think that the gloved hand has given team right a sort of villainous arrogance which I am sure will lead to their downfall.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Scissors has shown itself to indeed be a desperation move, and I think Team Right is only embracing it because they've allowed their dark gloved hand to convince them that they are Desperados who are on the run and don't deserve to win against a team as formidable as Left.

Basic math would suggest that all three moves are equally valid, but we know in our hearts that basic math is a lie.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Out of the three wins so far, 2 of them have come from throwing rock, and in contests of rock vs scissors in this game, rock has beaten scissors in 100% of contests.

Based on these comprehensive statistics that absolutely tell the whole story, we can now say, with statistical certitude, that everyone playing RPS in any scenario should always play rock.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I am becoming more convinced with each passing round that it will be Rock, Sturdiest and Most Virtuous of the RPS Three, that will prevail.

Furthermore, I think we can all agree that Rock has now proven itself to be so formidable that next time we have a rock vs. paper contest, paper will not beat rock, but will, at best, tie. I know that at the outset we would have found this unthinkable, but that just speaks to how far we've come in the understanding of this game.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Pea posted:

At this point, with 11 out of 16 plays (L:6, R:5) being rock, one has to wonder if there is some sort of rock fetish at play here?

You make it sound perverse!

There is no rock "fetish", you filthy scissors apologist. There is merely a growing religious reverence for the rock-hard power of rock, which stays hard no matter what, has always beaten scissors, and now, I believe, will be able to finally beat paper as well.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Team Left has lost its moral core, throwing scissors for the first time and losing faith in that most trustworthy of throws, Rock. Team Right displays the reverence for Rock that Rock deserves and gets their first win as a reward, because Rock provides.

If team left is to win this, they have to return to their worship of Rock before it is too late.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I see from the Right thread that Crow jumped right back onto their team once their fortune changed.

EDIT: And the way voting is going, the Rock Reform Movement is going to lose out on team left and they're about to throw paper and lose to scissors for the first time. Shameful. Utterly shameful.

Cathode Raymond fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Feb 28, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Team Left has become and almost even split of Rock Believers and Apostates.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Team Left is freaking out.

Sjs00 posted:

ive haing n anyrusem

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Covski posted:

A drat fine piece of effortposting from Team Right, possibly the largest amount of words ever written about RPS:

And yet CirclMastr is trying to apply scientific methods to religious matters and this can only end in ruin :colbert:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
Either the Left regains it's faith in Rock or the Helghast finally free themselves from the ISA yoke team Right is about to win with a most humiliating scissors attack.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
I missed all of this! Oh well I would have voted how everyone voted anyway.

I know that Crow's move pissed off a lot of people on both teams and kind of ruined the game, but he also heightened the spectacle quite a bit, so I think it evens out.

That being said, I hope lots of people vote Betray so that the villain goes to prison and we can all be satisfied that we did the just and virtuous thing and that happiness will return to all of us forever.

That is, until the next game of RPS...

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat
The fate of the Helghan Empire is still as unsettled as ever though.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Gridlocked posted:

People didn't trust in Rock. Rock damned shame.

Did not even you, Gridlocked, so-called "High Priest of Rock", turn on Rock when Rock's need was greatest? Did not even you, oh "most faithful" of the Rockites, deny Rock's power?

I was consigned to this observer thread, because this is the place Rock chose for me, but I never lost faith in Rock. I always sang Rock's praises and prayed to Rock for deliverance from Scissors and knelt and kissed the smallest of pebbles that lined my way. I never strayed from the Narrow Rocky Path and I walk it still!

I consider you an apostate and no better than your Left teammates.

If we ever play RPS again, you will bow to me and acknowledge that I am the Rock Prophet. No amount of pennance will ever absolve you.

This thread has taught me that Rock Paper Scissors is a game of deep faith and utter betrayal. It is not to be taken lightly.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Gridlocked posted:

I changed back to Rock if you remember correctly. Go check the thread.

Get rockity-rockity-rock'd.

Covski posted:

Did I hear you ask for meticulously kept individual level stats?? Of course I did!

I'm sure you can spot many more interesting things if you look hard enough!

I count six instances of apostasy :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Gridlocked posted:

Sadly we only hit one day.

I wonder if we can convince an admin to chance crows avatar to something befitting a PSR cheatyface. I would but I don't wanna spend money :v:

Maybe we should hold an avatar contest and vote on which one captures his legacy as Arch Traitor the best?

• Locked thread