Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hey guys!

I'm actually thinking of commishing a carousel league. Right now it's me and a couple other goons (Cletus and Dio). We'd love to have you two join our efforts.

E: Actually, there's 4 of us now.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

I'll probably end up picking one up by the end of the week. You guys using Discord?

Also, join the Madden leagues

We're using GroupMe. Send me your GT and GroupMe email/username.

Madden sucks now or else I would

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

My GT hasnt changed.. I guess this new username throws everything off lol. I'll pm you the stuff.

Good deal.

I've set up the dynasty so we're just logging in and choosing teams now. We have another dynasty (ACC) to keep us busy until you're ready to join.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

League Info

Name: Carousel2017
PW: MerryGo

I'll create a thread this weekend.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I've actually been thinking of adopting sim style. The only issue I have with it is not allowing HUNH, and if someone is trailing late at the end of the 3rd.

Let me see if I can get my hand on the rules and I'll modify them. We could also take a vote on HUNH, specifically.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

whatspeakyou posted:

Well sim rules for madden on that topic would probably be vastly different from the college game. It's a lot more prevalent at that level.

I was never going to accept those rules at face-value anyway. Here's where I've landed with HUNH:

quote:

No Huddle is only allowed in the following situations.
- Any Quarter - Down 17, or one full drive per quarter
- 2nd Quarter - 2 min and under, or one full drive
- 3rd Quarter - Down 17, or one full drive
- 4th Quarter - Down Any Amount, or one full drive

Think this is enough freedom to not stop someone who thinks they're in a groove or has the opponent on the ropes, but also prevents anyone from running it 24/7. Also, we know games can get tight as early as midway through the 3rd quarter so I want to be flexible there and let the players play. We have to keep in mind that HUNH can also help someone who's winning to put the game away.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Thread is up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3817213

I'll add more to it later.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Oberst posted:

I'm so glad you guys don't play madden with us

Same. Sounds like we're not missing out on anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

I don't know what is going on in here but it should stop.

Thank you.

In fact, you could close this one since there's another for the actual league.

• Locked thread