Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I need to know more about this Marvel Dr. Spock. IRL Dr. Spock was a pediatrician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"We guess he's smarter and stronger than normal humans? He's a mutant right Oh and he can see infrared."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's not a limitation of the time, that's Liefeld being a garbage artist.

It's better than what he someone similar would do, which is just put in a gradient.

As for "Shatty don't" guy, the rest of the males on the team were Cannonball, Rictor, and Sunspot, but that guy looks way bigger than any of them (and doesn't like nigh-invulnerable when he's blastin'). It might be Cable and the letterer put the bubble's tail going to the wrong person.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 16, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ferrule posted:

But it can't be Cable because Cable told him to kill Masque so the real answer is "the 90's". Most of the team is missing in that last panel, too. That might be Domino crouching down but theres no Wolfsbane or Sunspot or anyone so maybe it was some dumb crossover.
You should consider reading the last bunch of words in my post before responding.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Today, Kofi is one of the world-famous, two-time world tag team champions New Day.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Edge & Christian posted:

It is very sad to look back and realize every time Mike Adamle yelled out JAMAICAN ME CRAZY he may have been referring to his concussion related dementia.

Jesus Christ

Poor guy though really

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

lol he had an infinity stone but "did not understand its power"? what a chump.

To be fair that's like pretty much everyone who has had an infinity gem at some point

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah and then like 4/5 of the Infinity Watch were kinda whatever about it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

Is everyone with a cape required to lift it off to the side to show their butt?

THEY'RE NOT PIECES OF MEAT :negative:

As E&C talked about above, this version of the OHOTMU was at least intended to be used as reference guides for the characters in it. So obviously they have to show off their butts so artists know how their costume looks in the butt area.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"FASERIP" is a great RPG stat system name.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They have first appearances, but that's all. Do you think Marvel cares about their creators? Don't be silly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Well, I *could* just wear big sword gauntlets that fit over my hands, but really what I need to do is amputate my hands and have swords attached! Brilliant!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It probably had to be Claremont. The Shi'ar were largely X-Men characters for pretty much ever until Operation: Galactic Storm as far as I can remember.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Arishem the judge is the best because his head is a coffee cup. Marvel really needs to make a licensed coffee cup of his head.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Honestly, that Marvel hasn't made a coffee mug of Arshem's head is a real drat loss.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mean Silver Surfer really for shafted in the herald department. Everyone else gets an axe or a fire stick and can fly around in their own. Ol Norrin gets a surfboard he can't go anywhere without.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why does that matter?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pretty rude of Gemini II to steal the Inbetweener's look. That's not cosmic-themed crime, not astrological!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Where is the rear view? How else can I know how to draw Bonebreaker's tankbutt?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"(alleged) student" like they don't have schools in 2099.

Also I'm curious what 20th century Doom's height and weight are, since 21st century Doom in Infamous Iron Man looks quite a bit more slight than 6'2" 225.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 3, 2017

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i am curious as to what the thought process behind this was. did the kree only clone that one dead third-string human?

"Supreme Intelligence! We need someone to fight the Silver Surfer! We have this guy who knows all martial arts in the galaxy and-"
"NO. WE MUST CLONE THE TERRAN MIDNIGHT."
"Who?"
"MIDNIGHT. HE IS THE SECOND MOST ACCOMPLISHED PRACTITIONER OF THE EARTH MARTIAL ART KUNG FU."
"Okay, but this guy knows that and he can shoot lasers."
"NO. MIDNIGHT IT MUST BE. ALSO, GLUE METAL PLATES TO HIS HANDS AND FEET."
"Okaaaaaay..."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

At least we get a nice Alan Davis panel in this one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Who the hel is Thor III?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thunderstrike doesn't even had a Mjolnir! This entire plan sucks!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Temporarily Superhuman Class 10 in upper portion of body"

*Lifts really heavy thing with arms, legs collapse under weight*

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zdarsky loves his Ani-men, I guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Didn't Warlock sacrifice the timelines where he stays good to stop the Cancerverse or something? I remember that getting really weird.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

As far as fat fetish poo poo goes, Claremont has nothing on the comic strip "Rose is Rose" from 10 or so years ago. It seems to have largely stopped doing it in more recent strips, but for a long time, there was an ongoing bit about how the dad would try to feed Rose to make her fat, and would show his dream fat version of her.

http://cartoonfatness.wikia.com/wiki/Rose_Is_Rose

Also, there was another teleporting robot, Eleven that showed up in, I believe, the first Cable ongoing in some of the future bits. It *might* have been in X-Force, but these seem to have story right up to about X-Cutioner's Song, so it would be probably concurrent to when this was being published, since that ongoing came out when Cable returned from being marooned in the timestream with Stryfe.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I like when the data sheet straight-up contradicts the drawings. Like how it says Master Order's eyes are "inapplicable" despite them being on both drawings and brown.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What bullshit. He canonically lives on The Edge, not the USA.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Matthew Axel

M. Axel

KING MAXEL

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

loving MRAs man

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Rendered Xavier a cripple" is some really awkward phrasing.

Anyway, off the top of my head, Xavier has been crippled by:

Lucifer
Shadow King
Stryfe/Apocalypse*
Magneto**

*He was able to walk briefly as a result of being infected by Stryfe with a TO virus which Apocalypse cured. He used his time to rollerblade with Jubilee

**Magneto "fixed" him as Xorn by dumping a bunch of nanosentinels in his body. He then removed them after revealing he was Magneto*** all along!

***Actually he was Xorn**** pretending to be Magneto to be Xorn*****

****The evil Xorn

*****The evil Xorn's good brother Xorn

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kalli posted:

At one point around the start of New Mutants he was taken over by a Brood, killed and then the Starjammers built him a new body and then he could walk for awhile but would randomly fall over screaming in pain.

I forget what put him back him in the chair that time.
That was the Shadow King one. He broke his back in ~the astral plane~ during the Muir Island Saga and it also broke it in the physical plane.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Remember how in early X-Men, Professor X was (like everyone else in the cast possibly including Bobby) secretly in love with Jean Grey and had all this internal angst over, "How could she ever love... a cripple?!" Strange times.
I think this is some common Marvel angst since Donald Blake did the same thing with Jane Foster. Because, really, how could any woman love a man who has to use a walking stick?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Yeah when she was Lady Lark she was also with Golden Archer. I'm sure you all can guess who he was based on.
Ronald McDonald?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You should start a separate thread for DC.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

We're missing a really important part of this:

https://twitter.com/philhester/status/851545794716946432

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's me, I'm Marvel Boy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Note that she was married to a plant inhabiting a corpse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Jacket Avengers era was really bad, but yeah, that's Sersi.

• Locked thread