Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bunnyofdoom posted:

For more reading about the crazy poo pooThat organized crime in Montreal and QuebecHere you go

Also: Riverdale, I kinda wanna see how hosed up the Party gets that they need Molly Ringwald to set Archie straight.

I think Cheryl drugs Archie in an act of revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I can't believe that secrets came out on a CW show and a relationship was strengthened by it, not destroyed.

Jughead and Betty are both broken people and now they know it and it works for them.

Nobody stormed out with a "why didn't you tell me I can never trust you" speech.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
If you liked Veronica Mars, you should like Jughead.

Edit: I think liking Veronica Mars may be a prerequisite for liking Riverdale, to be quite honest.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
The thing about Jughead, as the most recent episode shows, he knows he's playing up to a trope and he embraces it because he doesn't know who he is without that. Same with Betty as "girl next door" which we now know she hates being called even though that's exactly the person she tries to be.
I hope they get growth and climb out of there stereotypes a bit more. Betty already has a few times with "Dark Betty".

So, so glad the most recent episode mentioned twincest since the relationship is always portrayed as creepily close. It's like the writers know exactly what they are doing even when troping it up. I'll give them a chance to make Jughead something other than moody loner.
The show started with Archie sleeping with a teacher, so who knows what they might do.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

someone awful. posted:

How has the show gone this long without jughead eating a single burger dammit

I honestly thought his heart to heart with Betty would be the moment since the beanie was off.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

JethroMcB posted:

Clearly he was referring to something that would occur in SEASON TWO
...unless he was referring to Cheryl & Chuck's Surprise House Party/Truth or Dare. Dire.

Speaking of Season Two, it's moving to the (suddenly competitive) 8 PM Wednesday spot.

I assumed the football players gone wild arc was shelved due to the lack of availability of Reggie. But the house party pay-off was at least something. I expect big things in Season 2.

As for the time slot, I stream it directly from the CW TV website anyway.
They are super-strict about ad-blockers and won't run if they detect anything even remotely like one. I have to use Edge as even disabling my uBlock and Privacy Badger extensions in Chrome or Firefox doesn't work.

The CW App sucks pretty hard.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Spergatory posted:

Not sure if it still works, but I remember being able to trick the CW's ad block detector by turning it off when I first loaded the page, letting something load, and then turning it neck on.

Not that I encourage such thievery! :bahgawd:

EDIT: Actually, I tried loading an episode just now with uBlock origin enabled and it worked just fine.

What? I'll have to try again. I hate seeing the same commercials over and over including commercials for upcoming episodes of shows that are actually five months old for some reason.
Maybe a uBlock update got around whatever detection they were using.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Snak posted:

(I didn't read any of this thread ever and just finished the poo poo)

Holy poo poo.

not only am I blown away by the quality of the show, the entire ending is nuts.

99% of shows I've watched would have ended with ep12 as the cliffhanger finale. It answers all the questions, and it finishes a really solid arc in a great way. If the show had ended at episode 12, I may still have given it at 10/10. Maybe that's personal weakness. Maybe, accounting for bias, I would/should have given it an 8/10. But then I watched episode 13. I'm spitting this into two spoilers, for no other reason than that, if you didn't watch ep 13 yet, go loving watch it! Episode 13 blows everything away. Firstly, it does a thing where the first like, 6 cuts could all have served as a stinger on ep12 and finished the season. And right as you're about to say "Oh, so they just lacked confidence on how to end the show and put every attempt into the finale", you couldn't be more wrong.

This show is about learning right from wrong, and when it's hard choice, learning to make the right one. And if the right choice was obvious, none of this would have happened.

Exactly. When I saw ep12, I was like "well, that wraps everything up nicely; why is there another episode?"

But then it happened and it was great.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

esperterra posted:

Especially on CW. I wasn't implying they wouldn't be shared, just that Sabrina will show up on RD first to establish her poo poo.

tbh the idea of a shared Archie universe is precisely why I don't want Sabrina to get her own show. I like Riverdale a lot, but enough to invest in two shows ...? Eh.

We'll see how her show is, I guess.

So, is Riverdale The Arrow or The Flash? Would a Josie and the Pussycats spin-off be their Legends of Tomorrow? Obviously, Sabrina would be Constantine.
A Betty and Veronica spin-off would be Supergirl, but we aren't going to get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

SEX BURRITO posted:

I was being sarcastic. The old show was terrible.

It was a treasure. How could you not laugh at the ridiculous Salem puppet.

• Locked thread